Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Family Day in the Park! Sept 28th

Old 09-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #21
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
I've suggested Gill Park in Milpitas before. The firepits are close to the lot and we should be able to get the entire lot, 29 spots. There's also BBall, Tennis, and a baseball diamond.

* Unlimited street parking
* Allowed to bring grills and stuff as long as we use them by the fire pit

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/govern...facilities.asp
http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/_pdfs/...ity_manual.pdf
http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/_pdfs/...lity_chart.pdf
Old 09-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #22
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
I've suggested Gill Park in Milpitas before. The firepits are close to the lot and we should be able to get the entire lot, 29 spots. There's also BBall, Tennis, and a baseball diamond.

* Unlimited street parking
* Allowed to bring grills and stuff as long as we use them by the fire pit

http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/govern...facilities.asp
http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/_pdfs/...ity_manual.pdf
http://www.ci.milpitas.ca.gov/_pdfs/...lity_chart.pdf
not a bad idea
Old 09-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #23
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
except its further from me.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:10 AM   #24
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorb View Post
except its further from me.
well there is lies the rub, we got folks from all over, south, west, north, that's why close to freeways is nice for folks.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
I'm in. I'll bring key lime pies ( I make them myself)
Im not sure i want any kind of pie youve made
Old 09-07-2013, 01:16 AM   #26
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
oh i know, but i still want it close to me.

seriously though, if its a south bay meet it should be in the south bay, on a Saturday it doesn't really matter to me, not much traffic.

I'll have to try and set one up on the peninsula sometime as it takes an hour or so to get to most meets from me.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:22 AM   #27
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
oh i know, but i still want it close to me.

seriously though, if its a south bay meet it should be in the south bay, on a Saturday it doesn't really matter to me, not much traffic.

I'll have to try and set one up on the peninsula sometime as it takes an hour or so to get to most meets from me.
where do you live?
Old 09-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #28

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where do you live?
San Mateo

just giving you guys a hard time, its what i do.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:37 AM   #29
Quote:
San Mateo

uhh huh. you realize if the job goes through for me i'll be commuting to redwood city from milpitas every weekday at 9am in the morning and opposite at 5pm.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:50 AM   #30
Banned
Quote:
uhh huh. you realize if the job goes through for me i'll be commuting to redwood city from milpitas every weekday at 9am in the morning and opposite at 5pm.
that's a fucked up commute dude
Old 09-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #31

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
is 237 really that bad? we have guys coming up to SF from Sunnyvale, only takes 1.5 hrs.

it only takes me around 20 mins to and from work
Old 09-07-2013, 02:25 AM   #32
Baoser is on a distinguished road
Name: George
Baoser's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Baoser
sunnyvale is already past 1/2 of the traffic...the other half is on 101
Old 09-07-2013, 02:28 AM   #33
Quote:
is 237 really that bad? we have guys coming up to SF from Sunnyvale, only takes 1.5 hrs.

it only takes me around 20 mins to and from work
At my last job next to the Caltrain station in Palo Alto, it took me about an hour on a good day. The pain points are always:

1) getting onto 237 portion of the freeway since there are only 2 lanes from Milpitas.
2) merging onto 101 N from 237 W
3) Where 85 N Meets 101 N, it backs up at least a mile, sometimes through to Ellis.
4) If there's an accident anywhere from Redwood City to Milpitas, there could be an extra 15 minutes for a fender bender to an extra 45 minutes if multiple lanes are closed for cleanup.

The other two solutions are:

A) 880 N from Milpitas to Dumbarton is no picnic either.
B) 237 to El Camino and roll up that way

Neither of which give any advantage.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #34
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm full of adventure buddy!
Oh dear. I'm starting to hear banjos....and a squealing pig.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #35
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
San Mateo

Will probably be an hour and half for me. I used to work in San Jo and that was a 2 hour drive each way from my house.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #36
Banned
Morning bump, let's get this together folks
Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #37
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Im not sure i want any kind of pie youve made
Mud pie for you
Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #38
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
What about Santa Teresa County Park? Close to 85 and 101, big pavilion area with barbeque pits and parking spots right by it. The pavilion area can be reserved and there are restrooms really close by also
Old 09-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #39
machineman89 will become famous soon enough

Name: Matthew
machineman89's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Weber I can bring..... and I believe I have some other odds n ends to bring
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
What about Santa Teresa County Park? Close to 85 and 101, big pavilion area with barbeque pits and parking spots right by it. The pavilion area can be reserved and there are restrooms really close by also

Parking is first come first serve.

Reservable for $243 here:
http://gooutsideandplay.org/

Reservation Info
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...servation.aspx

Rules & Policies
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...ion-Rules.aspx

Costs per park
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...nic-Areas.aspx

However, who lives the furthest south and where? I fear that Santa Teresa might be too far for some folks on the peninsula and east bay.