Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Family Day in the Park! Sept 28th

Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #41
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
At my last job next to the Caltrain station in Palo Alto, it took me about an hour on a good day. The pain points are always:

1) getting onto 237 portion of the freeway since there are only 2 lanes from Milpitas.
2) merging onto 101 N from 237 W
3) Where 85 N Meets 101 N, it backs up at least a mile, sometimes through to Ellis.
4) If there's an accident anywhere from Redwood City to Milpitas, there could be an extra 15 minutes for a fender bender to an extra 45 minutes if multiple lanes are closed for cleanup.

The other two solutions are:

A) 880 N from Milpitas to Dumbarton is no picnic either.
B) 237 to El Camino and roll up that way

Neither of which give any advantage.
southbay traffic sucks, it takes my girl about an hour to get home when she works in redwood city, which really isnt the southbay yet, only about a 20 minute drive .with no traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Oh dear. I'm starting to hear banjos....and a squealing pig.
And, you got a problem with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Will probably be an hour and half for me. I used to work in San Jo and that was a 2 hour drive each way from my house.
That's no fun, at least there won't be much traffic on a Saturday
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Parking is first come first serve.

Reservable for $243 here:
http://gooutsideandplay.org/

Reservation Info
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...servation.aspx

Rules & Policies
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...ion-Rules.aspx

Costs per park
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...nic-Areas.aspx

However, who lives the furthest south and where? I fear that Santa Teresa might be too far for some folks on the peninsula and east bay.
I live right across the street from the park. I could save it for us if we decide to do it there
Old 09-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #43
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to beholdDangerTaco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
Mud pie for you

Old 09-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #44
BayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura aboutBayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura about

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
count me in, I also got a weber grill to bring.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #45
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by machineman89 View Post
I have a Weber I can bring..... and I believe I have some other odds n ends to bring
Cool, added

Quote:
Parking is first come first serve.

Reservable for $243 here:
http://gooutsideandplay.org/

Reservation Info
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...servation.aspx

Rules & Policies
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...ion-Rules.aspx

Costs per park
http://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/Re...nic-Areas.aspx

However, who lives the furthest south and where? I fear that Santa Teresa might be too far for some folks on the peninsula and east bay.
that's alot of jack to drop buuutVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustbucket View Post
I live right across the street from the park. I could save it for us if we decide to do it there
which park are we talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRunner View Post
count me in, I also got a weber grill to bring.
done, thanks
Old 09-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Santa Teresa County Park.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #47
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Santa Teresa County Park.
it is right off the freeway, what's the proximity of parking and the picnic area? Can we group the trucks close by?
Old 09-07-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
Banned
Garrett, is there a discount rate for residents?
Old 09-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #49
God Bless America

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Garrett, is there a discount rate for residents?
No discount rate, but because it is first come first serve I could get there early and save it. We can park right in front of the pavilion area, and there is should be plenty of spaces. It is about 3 miles from 101 and 85
Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #50
Banned
Quote:
No discount rate, but because it is first come first serve I could get there early and save it. We can park right in front of the pavilion area, and there is should be plenty of spaces. It is about 3 miles from 101 and 85
First come first serve meaning first to pay and reserve it gets the space or the first folks to grab the space get it? If the latter is the case and you can grab it that would be great. That morning I have a quick job to do in Fairfield and should be done by 11. I can meet any Fairfield north peeps then too and cruise on down.

Folks? It seems like this one has everything, fairly close to the freeway, banos, BBQ, parking next to the hang out area? Thoughts?
Old 09-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
God Bless America

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
First come first serve meaning first to pay and reserve it gets the space or the first folks to grab the space get it? If the latter is the case and you can grab it that would be great. That morning I have a quick job to do in Fairfield and should be done by 11. I can meet any Fairfield north peeps then too and cruise on down.

Folks? It seems like this one has everything, fairly close to the freeway, banos, BBQ, parking next to the hang out area? Thoughts?
I think it's first to show up gets the space, as long as it hasn't already been reserved. I'll call tomorrow and check for sure
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #52
Banned
Quote:
I think it's first to show up gets the space, as long as it hasn't already been reserved. I'll call tomorrow and check for sure
Thanks!
Old 09-08-2013, 01:25 AM   #53
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
just fyi - Gill Park in Milpitas is closest to 680, less than a mile from the exit. The pavilion is also close to the bbq area. It also saves about 30 minutes for Siu and any other concord folks.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:13 PM   #54
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
im a maybe, school starts that week for me, i'll have to see how busy i get.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #55
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Would like to come, but my bros wedding is that day, guess ill have to sit this one out.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 09-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #56
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be camping that weekend. Have fun guys
Old 09-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #57
Banned
Morning bump, let's get it together, I'm liking santa teresa park if Garret can grab the space we need. Ian, you in? You SC guys coming up? Let's do this thing!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #58
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
I may be able to swing by with the family. I'll confirm closer to the date so I can bring something
Old 09-10-2013, 08:21 AM   #59
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
I may be able to swing by with the family. I'll confirm closer to the date so I can bring something
awesome!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #60
God Bless America

No matter what I can get enough space for everybody, just trying to figure out if we can get the pavilion or not. Haven't taken lunch at work the past 2 days so I haven't been able to call. If we can't get the pavilion space, I believe we can still use barbeques in the parking lot if people bring them.