Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Running the Rubicon on IFS

Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
I'm dropping the hammer
Bawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really niceBawlzdeep is just really nice

Air Force: Chair Force
Name: Jon
Bawlzdeep's Tacoma Gallery
Running the Rubicon on IFS

We hit the Rubicon from Loon Lake around noon on Friday and made it to Buck Island Lake (about half way point) by 8:00. Old Sluice took a while to get down. There were two rig in front of us and the lead one snapped his front drive shaft. Took about an hour per rig to negotiate the three big boulders in the middle of the trail. I did an entire 360 with my winch to get lined up right. The trail is amazing and very strenuous. My poor little rig looks like it was in a war zone!

Damage: broken window, rear body smashed and scarred, tail light, stock skids are toast, sliders got a ton of love and now I'm down to one single center cap for my wheels!

Before I ever go again: window, full length skids and bump stops.

Other than that, the truck did great. Gonna shoot for a full run next time.

Top of Old Sluice

This is where it gets nasty!

Took the bypass around Old Sluice on the way out.

Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
otis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to beholdotis24 is a splendid one to behold

otis24's Tacoma Gallery
Nice pics, sounds like fun. Are there bail outs, or easier options than the routes you took? Or were those the easier options?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 AM   #3
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Cool pictures! That would be scary on stock skids.
Old 11-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
NW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shedNW4RUNNER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NW4RUNNER's Tacoma Gallery
Bad ass. Truck looks awesome.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Pdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPdugan6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Patrick
Pdugan6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW4RUNNER View Post
Bad ass. Truck looks awesome.
Thanks. It's great to see some IFS rigs out there. I like the matte black paint job on your rig. Looks Tits.