Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

frank raines, oct. 26, lets go, they're open

Old 10-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
OK!! ME TOO!!!! No blacks, not being racist..lol
Old 10-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #23
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by the glen View Post
Stream crossings!!!
That's not this trail right? I havnt done the diff breather mod and I don't have skids.

http://youtu.be/h0DWCZPtbLY
Old 10-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #24
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
So what are the difficulties of this trail? I am thinking of going but not sure how ready I am. I got an OME w/ dakars and 265 70 17s with open diffs and sliders.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #25
Alpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlpha Q Up is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Ruben
Alpha Q Up's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I can bring my Honda and make that happen
Lol my wife just got a CRV. I was trying to get her in a 4runner. But she wasn't having it.

I don't think I can make this. I'll try
Old 10-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #26
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
That's not this trail right? I havnt done the diff breather mod and I don't have skids.

http://youtu.be/h0DWCZPtbLY
Skids & sliders should be the first mod before anything else, for a truck that actually gets wheeled!
Old 10-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #28
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
no diff breather mod here either..come to think of it, I had the ass deep in water last weekend soo far soo good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Lol my wife just got a CRV. I was trying to get her in a 4runner. But she wasn't having it.

I don't think I can make this. I'll try
man i posted that shit up for sale today..Im getting a jeep! CRV's are comfy but they suck
Old 10-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #29
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no diff breather mod here either..come to think of it, I had the ass deep in water last weekend soo far soo good

man i posted that shit up for sale today..Im getting a jeep! CRV's are comfy but they suck
You're getting a Heep! Wah!
Old 10-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #30

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey what's up Justin, I met u at that last bamf mod day. Dude, you'll be fine, I went out there Bone stock, well I had sliders, but that was it. Just take it easy, hope to see u there.
Hey man. Yeah I remember. I almost pulled the trigger on going but its a good 2+ hours from me. Thinking of the gas I'd be spending is just giving me a headache. Maybe next time.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #31
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Skids & sliders should be the first mod before anything else, for a truck that actually gets wheeled!
Diff breather mod parts received. Sliders welded on. Skids and apex plate bumper in the mail.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #32
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
You're getting a Heep! Wah!
LOL, Hey, but I'm keeping the Taco too!! Best of both worlds...I hope..lol...come on man, lets go...Looks like my sliders wont be welded on by then

You guys think i will be fine??
Old 10-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #35
Senor Taco

Quote:
Damn Nick, you're building up that '14 pretty quick, nice. Looking forward to gettin out there and checking out your rig.
I'm hoping I get it all done before the trip, but we will see.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #36

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey Justin, try to go, its like 2 hours from my house also, and I'm gettin like 13mpg, ha ha ha. But hey if its too far, next time bro. Or better yet if u got a spot closer to where u live, hit me up. I'm always down for a new spot.
I didn't apply for the leave but I'll see if it's not too late tomorrow. They usually have a 10 day policy though:/ but I'll let you know. What town are you in?
Old 10-17-2013, 09:12 PM   #37
God Bless America
Rustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shedRustbucket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Rustbucket's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhhh I want to go so bad! Fuck I hate not having money for parts
Old 10-17-2013, 10:29 PM   #39
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
If I have the money for gas I'm in. However, I WILL NOT be going thru the mudpit and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND no one else does unless they like cleaning out the radiator 4-5 times and nearly overheating on the way home. Just saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
i might be in. gotta rep for the prerunners. diff lock go!
Ok, you come in a PreRunner, I'm not winching you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Ahh man I have a wedding that day.

What's it like at Frank Raines anyway? I hope its more than a mudpit
It's fun, some really technical part other than that it seems mainly fireroad grade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4r4life View Post
pretty hard trail riding. i couldn't make it up in some spots. lotta ruts and loose stuff. skids is a must
Yeah, I remember that! If It's one person who won't say "Ok, I'm in way over my head" it's you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
This this this
See above. I won't winch a PreRunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
your truck barely makes it down the road :P
Didn't make it up that road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
I might be able to go. My truck is brand new though only 500 miles. I dont have skids yet but I do have rock sliders. I havent been to frank raines. Are the trails rated? Can I skip the hard trails so I don't break my truck. I'm kinda new to offroading but I plan on practicing at hollister the next few weeks.
Be smart and listen to those around you and you'll be fine. Listen to the spotters if you're in a tight spot.

Quote:
OK!! ME TOO!!!! No blacks, not being racist..lol
Wuss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
So what are the difficulties of this trail? I am thinking of going but not sure how ready I am. I got an OME w/ dakars and 265 70 17s with open diffs and sliders.
Open diffs can be challenging in areas

All in all. If you go and someone in the group is experienced and tells you that you shouldn't try the trail please don't.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 AM   #40
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really nice
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
@forerunner:
I was hoping you guys would direct me to the babi trails so i dont get stuck, im not trying to have repeat of Hollister from last time, Glen knows.