Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Looking for help/shop near Grass Valley

Old 10-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #1
TTBlues is on a distinguished road
TTBlues's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for help/shop near Grass Valley

I want to install an OME lift kit, do the Big Brake Mod, and replace my LBJ.

I'm hoping to find some help to do any of them or a shop that won't mind me hanging around and watching while it's done. (Who minds that?)

If you can offer help or recommend a shop, holler at me.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBlues View Post
I want to install an OME lift kit, do the Big Brake Mod, and replace my LBJ.

I'm hoping to find some help to do any of them or a shop that won't mind me hanging around and watching while it's done. (Who minds that?)

If you can offer help or recommend a shop, holler at me.
Try someone in the Roseville/Sacramento area, a good group of guys there. Too far for me though. All of it is pretty easy, I just don't know what a LBJ is.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
TTBlues is on a distinguished road
TTBlues's Tacoma Gallery
LBJ's = Lower Ball Joints.

I've tried Sac. in the past and never found any love there. Seems like a closed group of guys. But maybe I'll try again.

What part of the bay are you in?
Old 10-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBlues View Post
LBJ's = Lower Ball Joints.

I've tried Sac. in the past and never found any love there. Seems like a closed group of guys. But maybe I'll try again.

What part of the bay are you in?
I'm in Fairfield, from Fremont. Closed group? I've never tried anything with them but it doesnt hurt to ask them
Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
We don't allow 'outsiders' into our group......

haha, all jokes aside, most of us are getting burned out from doing lift kits, thats why you don't get much response from us.

Bigger brakes should be an easy install... that I could do in my driveway. Another lift, I'm not well suited to do it personally. My tools have been growing legs. I could do it but its alot of work.

I hate replacing ball joints. That is all.

If you have your coils assembled and you could just bolt everything in, I will consider helping you with your lift. And by that I mean, you will likely be doing all the work and I will show you what to do. I watch too many people do all the work for another member, they don't even get their hands dirty. It benefits us all if you can learn to do it, and pay it forward and help another member.

I will be unavailable for a couple months and with winter coming on, the weather will be less conducive for this. My garage is not big enough. Feel free to send me a PM and I will do what I can, but I wont be back until Turkey day at earliest.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
^^ no kidding.

i did mine at Seth's house..and did maybe five installs after that. Ball joints..shiver. hated them on my chevy 4x4.

good luck..i dont know any shops in your area.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Forestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Forestfire's Tacoma Gallery
You could try J&M Offroad in GV or there is another place called 4X4 Labs that works on Land Cruisers mainly but I have never been in there