Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal: Slickrock Camping Trip 10/18-10/19

Old 10-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #1
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal: Slickrock Camping Trip 10/18-10/19

New Thread

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...5-10-26-a.html

Sorry about that guys!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #2
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I'm tentative for now. I'll let you know when it gets closer
Old 10-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
tentative but I'll lean more towards positive if you promise to use the train horn a bunch that shit cracks me up
Old 10-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
I'm tentative for now. I'll let you know when it gets closer
Roger that sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
tentative but I'll lean more towards positive if you promise to use the train horn a bunch that shit cracks me up
Hahaha I promise to use the train horn a bunch as long as you make it!!
I will put you on the list as tentative
Old 10-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #5
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Hahaha I promise to use the train horn a bunch as long as you make it!!
I will put you on the list as tentative
Old 10-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Really want to compare the new suspension to the old on this trail...I have class that gets out at 4pm friday so I might cruise in later that night or only saturday. I just drove up near there to Emigrant wilderness this last weekend, though, so I might not want to do that trip again so soon...we'll see.
And yeah, it'll probably be pretty chilly at night. For us in the wilderness (just south-east of Strawberry) it got down to 31*F at night. There was frozen stuff around the next morning.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
BayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura aboutBayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura about

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
i might be down to do another run at slick rock, count me as tentative, and as for food we should do like a potluck (international dish) for dinner on Friday or Saturday.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #8

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
hmmmmmmmmmmm
Really want to compare the new suspension to the old on this trail...I have class that gets out at 4pm friday so I might cruise in later that night or only saturday. I just drove up near there to Emigrant wilderness this last weekend, though, so I might not want to do that trip again so soon...we'll see.
And yeah, it'll probably be pretty chilly at night. For us in the wilderness (just south-east of Strawberry) it got down to 31*F at night. There was frozen stuff around the next morning.
Hope to see you there, I'll put you on the list as tentative. And thanks for the weather update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRunner View Post
i might be down to do another run at slick rock, count me as tentative, and as for food we should do like a potluck (international dish) for dinner on Friday or Saturday.
Alright you're on as tentative. And a potluck sounds good if people are interested.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Hope to see you there, I'll put you on the list as tentative. And thanks for the weather update.

Alright you're on as tentative. And a potluck sounds good if people are interested.
Perfect, thanks! So many tentatives...
If I'm going late to the campground on friday then I would be fine doing my own food thing, but if I get there in time for dinner, I can bring something. I'd probably get there at around 8, though...
Old 10-08-2013, 09:40 PM   #10
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Would take an absolute miracle for me to get off early enough Friday night and have Saturday off as well so I could go I'll post again when I see my schedule for next week.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #11

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Perfect, thanks! So many tentatives...
If I'm going late to the campground on friday then I would be fine doing my own food thing, but if I get there in time for dinner, I can bring something. I'd probably get there at around 8, though...

No problem! Haha yeah I know, some of y'all better end up coming!

Yeah I'm not sure about the dinner thing yet, I guess we could just figure it out as it gets closer?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #12
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
Would take an absolute miracle for me to get off early enough Friday night and have Saturday off as well so I could go I'll post again when I see my schedule for next week.
We could convoy up as a late group, though I'm guessing you work later than 4 on friday...it's an option, though!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #13

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright man keep us updated. I hope that miracle happens!
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #14
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Friday's I usually work 6am-3pm. Would have to rush home, gather all my stuff and drive like a maniac lol.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
LensCap

Quote:
Friday's I usually work 6am-3pm. Would have to rush home, gather all my stuff and drive like a maniac lol.
Dude, I'd be leaving Davis after 4, probably more like 5...If you leave 30 minutes after I do, we could meet in Angel's Camp and convoy up the rest of the way.
Old 10-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #16

I'll let you know if I get Saturday off. Already missed a few days of work over the past couple weeks due to stuff and it set me behind a bit on monies
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #17
LensCap

Quote:
I'll let you know if I get Saturday off. Already missed a few days of work over the past couple weeks due to stuff and it set me behind a bit on monies
For sure, dude. No pressure.
Assuming I don't have a class trip that weekend, I'm leaning towards yes...I still have to double check, though.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #18
Proyota will become famous soon enoughProyota will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
Proyota's Tacoma Gallery
I just found out about this thread / camping trip to slick rock. I have a few friends / co-workers that were planning on hitting slick rock on Sunday the 20th. Although I don't know how many are actually going to make it. I don't get off work til 6pm Friday night, so I may join you guys Saturday morning.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #19

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proyota View Post
I just found out about this thread / camping trip to slick rock. I have a few friends / co-workers that were planning on hitting slick rock on Sunday the 20th. Although I don't know how many are actually going to make it. I don't get off work til 6pm Friday night, so I may join you guys Saturday morning.
Alright sounds good, I'll put you on the list for Saturday morning.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #20

la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer but I have my future in-laws showing up the Thursday before and staying through the weekend so I won't be able to make it up there. Hopefully I can make it next year. You guys have fun and enjoy!