Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal: Slickrock Camping Trip 10/25-10/26

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
bump. I'm not saying anything about whether I'm going - but it's just wrong that this thread is lower in the forum than the outing it's replacing.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Can't go this weekend, I'm shooting photos for an annual club event we throw.

Wish I could though.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
For camping gear:

Sleeping Pads
(Absolutely get one, it's the difference between not sleeping due to the cold vs a good night's rest nice and warm)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/?...est&catAbb=sss

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

Cold weather sleeping bags I recommend:

US Army Modular Sleep System, it's a 3 bag system: Summer Patrol bag, Cold Weather bag, GoreTex Bivvy -- Stay warm and toasty down past freezing.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Weather at Lake Alpine
http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USCA3438

Tips:
Wear long underwear when going to bed or sweat pants, wear a sweatshirt to sleep. If you guys stop by the river, bring earplugs or ear muffs to block out the sound of the water and other vehicles doing late night runs.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #5
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely good suggestions. Sleeping pads make a world of difference.
Definitely can't do this one, but I thought I would bump this thread to offset my mistake in the other one...
Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, I'll check in with my GF and see if we have anything preplanned, if not we'll try and come down in the morning and run it.

just FYI, not sure the last time you ran it but I ran it a month and a half ago and it was a lot rougher than when the big group ran it last summer. Stock bumpers WILL receive damage, as would rocker panels without sliders, and I would definitely recommend skids unless you're VERY careful about choosing lines. I hit a few times even with my 35's and Matt even got hung up a bit in one spot with 35's on his DCSB as well.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Hmm, I'll check in with my GF and see if we have anything preplanned, if not we'll try and come down in the morning and run it.

just FYI, not sure the last time you ran it but I ran it a month and a half ago and it was a lot rougher than when the big group ran it last summer. Stock bumpers WILL receive damage, as would rocker panels without sliders, and I would definitely recommend skids unless you're VERY careful about choosing lines. I hit a few times even with my 35's and Matt even got hung up a bit in one spot with 35's on his DCSB as well.
X2 the trail has been changed by the slick rock Mafia there is a lot of harder spots on the trail now. It was pretty fun this year it almost challanged my truck once or twice
Old 10-10-2013, 06:31 PM   #8
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
X2 the trail has been changed by the slick rock Mafia there is a lot of harder spots on the trail now. It was pretty fun this year it almost challanged my truck once or twice
well maybe I'll have to put it on the backburner until I go for at least more armor and a locker and probably larger tires
Old 10-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #9
cram89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cram89's Tacoma Gallery
I could make it on Sunday if you end up changing the date.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:07 PM   #10
Some other notes for first time wheelers gathered from other wheeling forums:

1) Pack in -> Pack out. Anything you bring in, you bring out. Poop in a bag, put your trash in a bag, take it to a campsite dumpster
2) Don't go off trail, stick to the trail and clean everything up
3) If you flop or otherwise cause a liquid or oil spill, make sure you have the proper gear to clean it up off the trail. Water flows to Lake Alpine where fish breed, so don't ruin the lake.
4) If you see trash that isn't yours on the trail, be the bigger person and pick it up
Old 10-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #11
Last time we went, Alex brought one for us to use. It was nice and gentlemanly.

Portable Toilet solution:
Old 10-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #12
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Last time we went, Alex brought one for us to use. It was nice and gentlemanly.

Portable Toilet solution:
looooooooooooool
Old 10-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #13
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
hey Carson, you still thinkin about runnin this trail on the 2nd? I just got back from working abroad n I'm dying to get some wheeling in before the snow begins to fall.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 PM   #14
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
The new dates might work for me. Ill know better after talking to the wifey. Its been a solid 4-5 years since iv'e wheeled with you Carson!!
Old 10-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #15
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Can't go this weekend, I'm shooting photos for an annual club event we throw.

Wish I could though.
I changed the date maybe you can go now? Thank you for all the suggestions, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Definitely good suggestions. Sleeping pads make a world of difference.
Definitely can't do this one, but I thought I would bump this thread to offset my mistake in the other one...
Haha its okay, can you make the even newer date?

Quote:

Sounds interesting, I wasn't that challenges before so hopefully I'll get stuck a few times this run. Thanks for the heads up bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Haha I can't wait to see your rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram89 View Post
I could make it on Sunday if you end up changing the date.
How about the newest date? Haha
Old 10-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #16
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmase11 View Post
hey Carson, you still thinkin about runnin this trail on the 2nd? I just got back from working abroad n I'm dying to get some wheeling in before the snow begins to fall.
Yeah man we are a go for the 2nd! I know I need to get one wheeling trip in this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
The new dates might work for me. Ill know better after talking to the wifey. Its been a solid 4-5 years since iv'e wheeled with you Carson!!
Awesome! I hope she's down to go. I know Jason, its been forever!! It'll be good to see you.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
LensCap

Haha, this weekend is the only weekend for a while that I would be able to make it, but now that Jerry and Eric are saying that the trail's much more difficult now, I probably would just try to hitch a ride with someone else. I'm going to my cousin's wedding on the 2nd and I'll be with my girlfriend for the first time in 5 weeks, so I'm out for that weekend for sure.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:07 PM   #18
y u no make 3-day weekend?!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #19
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I might be able to make the new dates as well. I'll let you know Carson as we get closer.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #20
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Haha, this weekend is the only weekend for a while that I would be able to make it, but now that Jerry and Eric are saying that the trail's much more difficult now, I probably would just try to hitch a ride with someone else. I'm going to my cousin's wedding on the 2nd and I'll be with my girlfriend for the first time in 5 weeks, so I'm out for that weekend for sure.
It's not that bad my brother in law did it in his runner and it was his first time wheeling. No belly skids just and IFS skid and sliders and he did fine.

Products Discussed in this Thread