Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Extended ToyotaCare Promotion-Newer Taco Owners

Old 10-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
Jshot21 is on a distinguished road
Jshot21's Tacoma Gallery
Extended ToyotaCare Promotion-Newer Taco Owners

Took my 2012 Tacoma in for it's 20k service (covered under ToyotaCare) and they were offering a deal to extend the ToyotaCare to 45k miles for $299 (4 extra services). Considering the 30k service will run about $250, I thought this was a pretty good deal.

Just thought I'd pass it along to those out there with newer trucks.

BTW, I was at Roseville Toyota, and the promotion appeared to be for all Northern California dealerships.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Man, they must be really trying to sell that service. Though with $299 I could buy a 5-gallon bucket of redline gear oil, buy 5 jugs of pennzoil platinum, a grease gun with grease for all the zerks, oil filters, spark plugs, and air filter, and diy cabin air filter.

The service from Toyota for Tacoma 1GRs do not get synthetic and only get conventional oil.

DIY requires a time investment, but you're getting higher quality stuff.
Old 11-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #3
Chrisg has a spectacular aura aboutChrisg has a spectacular aura about
Name: Chris
Chrisg's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought the extended service. I can do the work myself, but for the price and the time and mess it's better to have it done. Plus, it keeps the wife from complaining about the oil spots, always a good thing
Old 11-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #4
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Man, they must be really trying to sell that service. Though with $299 I could buy a 5-gallon bucket of redline gear oil, buy 5 jugs of pennzoil platinum, a grease gun with grease for all the zerks, oil filters, spark plugs, and air filter, and diy cabin air filter.

The service from Toyota for Tacoma 1GRs do not get synthetic and only get conventional oil.

DIY requires a time investment, but you're getting higher quality stuff.
X2

I did my 30k service awhile back and asked for a specific quote from Dublin Toyota; spark plugs, synthetic oil, oil filter, cabin air filter, air filter, and drain and fill front / rear diff's and TC w/ synthetic...

Quoted around 1200.00 ( yes 1200.00 usd...)

I found another local dealer to match online parts prices, and got everything (parts/seals/washers/filters) OEM for about 65.00.

I went to autozone and got all the fluids I needed, and a pump for the TC drain/fill for 100.

Did it myself and performed more maintenance tasks than they quoted for about 1/8th of the price.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:34 AM   #5
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan DCFS View Post
X2

I did my 30k service awhile back and asked for a specific quote from Dublin Toyota; spark plugs, synthetic oil, oil filter, cabin air filter, air filter, and drain and fill front / rear diff's and TC w/ synthetic...

Quoted around 1200.00 ( yes 1200.00 usd...)

I found another local dealer to match online parts prices, and got everything (parts/seals/washers/filters) OEM for about 65.00.

I went to autozone and got all the fluids I needed, and a pump for the TC drain/fill for 100.

Did it myself and performed more maintenance tasks than they quoted for about 1/8th of the price.
That is roughly 50 or so extra dances, of the seated nature, per 30,000 miles. Or once every <600 miles.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
New guy
Ryan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shedRyan DCFS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic/ff reserve
Name: Ryan
Ryan DCFS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
That is roughly 50 or so extra dances, of the seated nature, per 30,000 miles. Or once every <600 miles.
I like that calculation...Considering I drive about 600 miles a week....
Old 11-17-2013, 08:59 AM   #7
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
ToyotaCare = ExtraCare?

My maintenance was never covered under ExtraCare.?!?