Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal: Slickrock + More Camping Trip 11/1-11/3

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal: Slickrock + More Camping Trip 11/1-11/3

Alright this is my last date change, sorry about all of the confusion I may have caused.

Where:
Slickrock. Trailhead 38° 28' 07.5" N 120° 00' 40.2" W

Corral Hollow (7N35)

http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5

http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=77

When: We will meet Friday afternoon around 4:00 PM at the Circle K in Farmington. From there we will convoy up to the trailhead where we will setup camp for the night.

Who: Anyone! Feel free to bring friends.

Requirements: Sliders and 4wd. Lockers, armor and skids recommended. Although I've done it open-open with no skids numerous times and I've seen others do it too. It has been noted that the trail may be slightly more difficult so underbelly skids are highly recommended.

Food:
Carson - I will cook scrambled eggs for everyone Saturday morning and I will also bring some sodas to share with everyone as well as some snacks.

Plans: Meet at Circle K in Farmington on Friday at 4:00 PM
4469 Escalon Bellota Road, Farmington, CA
Then convoy up Hwy 4 to the trailhead where we will setup camp.

Saturday morning we will run Slickrock at around 9:30.
If time permits we will then go down to corral hollow and run that trail.

Then we will set up camp somewhere (yet to be determined, suggestions?) EDIT: Just staying Friday night due to lack of people.

So who's down?

And of course you're welcome to just come for either saturday or sunday too, we will hit the trail at around 9:30 AM on Saturday and 10:00 am on Sunday.

There is the possibility of it being balls cold at night, so make sure to bring one or two warm sleeping bags and extra clothes.

List:
Carson
Brent (Camp Fri)
Eric (Saturday morning)
Old 10-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #2
cram89 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
cram89's Tacoma Gallery
If you run deer valley on Sunday I might show up. Just did slick rock with Proyota (Brad) this last Sunday.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Some good information by Stanley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
For camping gear:

Sleeping Pads
(Absolutely get one, it's the difference between not sleeping due to the cold vs a good night's rest nice and warm)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/?...est&catAbb=sss

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/s...inAsk=&maxAsk=

Cold weather sleeping bags I recommend:

US Army Modular Sleep System, it's a 3 bag system: Summer Patrol bag, Cold Weather bag, GoreTex Bivvy -- Stay warm and toasty down past freezing.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Weather at Lake Alpine
http://www.weather.com/weather/monthly/USCA3438

Tips:
Wear long underwear when going to bed or sweat pants, wear a sweatshirt to sleep. If you guys stop by the river, bring earplugs or ear muffs to block out the sound of the water and other vehicles doing late night runs.
Last time we went, Alex brought one for us to use. It was nice and gentlemanly.

Portable Toilet solution:
Some other notes for first time wheelers gathered from other wheeling forums:

1) Pack in -> Pack out. Anything you bring in, you bring out. Poop in a bag, put your trash in a bag, take it to a campsite dumpster
2) Don't go off trail, stick to the trail and clean everything up
3) If you flop or otherwise cause a liquid or oil spill, make sure you have the proper gear to clean it up off the trail. Water flows to Lake Alpine where fish breed, so don't ruin the lake.
4) If you see trash that isn't yours on the trail, be the bigger person and pick it up

From previous thread -

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmase11 View Post
Awesome. I've been rebuilding the engine and she should be good to go, but I'll know 100% by Sunday afternoon.

Ps. I'd be in for a 3 day weekend. Slick Rock/Deer Valley/Coral Hollow? Just throwin out ideas.
Awesome! Hope you get it done. Do you know if deer valley is open? That would be a great combination of trails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
soooo is this happening on the three day weekend instead? I'm in unless my girlfriend decides to come up that weekend. I just saw proyota's video from this last weekend and it seemed to be about the same as before just with all of the stacked rocks removed (which we can put back and then remove after we're done if we need to).
Yes sir! Awesome and yeah I think we can all run it fairly smoothly.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #4

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram89 View Post
If you run deer valley on Sunday I might show up. Just did slick rock with Proyota (Brad) this last Sunday.
Okay, I have to figure out if it is open or not. Do you know?
Old 10-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #5

cram89's Tacoma Gallery
I'll try a search on the interweb and see what comes up.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 PM   #6

cram89's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like it is closed partially.

Here's a link to a recent TW run:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...23-8-25-a.html
Old 10-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
So this is still the weekend of the 2nd? The three day weekend is the 9th. Still can't make the 2nd...
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #8

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram89 View Post
Looks like it is closed partially.

Here's a link to a recent TW run:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...23-8-25-a.html
Oh ok yeah that's the way it was last time I ran it. Ok I'm down to run it then!

Quote:
So this is still the weekend of the 2nd? The three day weekend is the 9th. Still can't make the 2nd...
Ohhh I thought you were talking about just making this weekend the "three day weekend". I was unaware there is an actual three day weekend coming up, sorry man...
Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #9
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Oh ok yeah that's the way it was last time I ran it. Ok I'm down to run it then!

Ohhh I thought you were talking about just making this weekend the "three day weekend". I was unaware there is an actual three day weekend coming up, sorry man...
Ah, no worries. I'll get out there sometime.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:27 PM   #10

cram89's Tacoma Gallery
Bump. Anyone else interested in wheeling before winter hits?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OK sounds like my GF is cool with one last run before the snow so I'm 90% sure we'll be driving down Saturday morning to wheel it with Ya, just no camping.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Alright I'm leaning more towards being IN but not 100% yet. This whole headgasket replacement has been a biatch. But, everythings done and I was able to start the truck and run her around a little bit. Sounded good and no immediate issues but I'll know if anything serious pops up within the next few days.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #13
LensCap

Because this thread needs a new picture...

Old 10-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #14
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm out this weekend. Maybe next time!
Old 10-30-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah so am I trucks on jack stands at the moment.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #16
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Whatcha doin' now?
Old 10-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #17
bmase11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brent
bmase11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
SAC or bust...

Looks like I am IN if this run is still a go. Trucks runnin like a champ atm
Old 10-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #18
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Because this thread needs a new picture...

What kind of idiot runs slick rock with those tires?

Oh wait...
Old 10-30-2013, 08:08 PM   #19
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy View Post
What kind of idiot runs slick rock with those tires?

Oh wait...
Haha, yeah I was looking for a photo that was pretty badass and saw this one. Gotta be badass if you run it with tires like that!
Have you gone back yet? You need to do it again now...see the difference
Old 10-30-2013, 08:32 PM   #20
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Haha, yeah I was looking for a photo that was pretty badass and saw this one. Gotta be badass if you run it with tires like that!
Have you gone back yet? You need to do it again now...see the difference
I camped out in the last group that went a year ago or something and got to test my new tires out I'd go again but I'm moving soon and scheduling wise I can't take time off work now. That and I'm probably going to have to drive to santa cruz and back a couple times before I move so I need to save gas money for those trips

Products Discussed in this Thread