Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Skiing and BS Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #41
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Well, looks like my plans changed. I'll be moving to AZ in January so I'm going to be doing a bit of boarding before then
Old 11-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #42
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Just moved here from Upstate NY. Plan on skiing a LOT this season.

Just picked up some Armada TST's in 192. Going to have to fab a ski rack for the bed rails in my truck so they will fit.

Anyone going to Warren Miller in Sac tonight?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #43
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post

Just picked up some Armada TST's in 192. Going to have to fab a ski rack for the bed rails in my truck so they will fit.

Where were you skiing in NY?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:33 PM   #44

Grew up with a season pass to Gore/Whiteface. Skied West Mtn more than I'd like to admit, but the night skiing was cheap and fun after school oro work.

Skied Stratton, Mt Snow, Killington, Bromley a lot after high school. Lived in GA for 5 yrs and did a lot of skiing at Gore and Stratton in the past few years on my trips home.

Also, Can anyone recommend a shop in the Roseville, Yuba City, Sacramento area to mount bindings?
Old 11-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #45
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Grew up with a season pass to Gore/Whiteface. Skied West Mtn more than I'd like to admit, but the night skiing was cheap and fun after school oro work.

Skied Stratton, Mt Snow, Killington, Bromley a lot after high school. Lived in GA for 5 yrs and did a lot of skiing at Gore and Stratton in the past few years on my trips home.
Cool, I ski at Whiteface. Great Mt when...we get snow. Had some sick days last year. I just wish we got more snow... Even 300" and that place could be sick! Lot of vertical. Head over to Jay when I can. I only hit killington once early season, not a fan. I do some BC skiing on some of the high peaks. There is some great terrain and some good snow to be had out there. I hope to be in the Northwest soon though! I wish Utah but wife isn't having it... Haha so WA will do!
Old 11-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #46

I plan to retire to UT. I've been there 2x now and love it.

I've only had a handful of good days at Whiteface. I grew up in Saratoga County so it was a good drive from me, and I'd have to pass Gore on the way so I would just go there. Gore tends to be less icey and windy most days too.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #47
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:

I've only had a handful of good days at Whiteface. I grew up in Saratoga County so it was a good drive from me, and I'd have to pass Gore on the way so I would just go there. Gore tends to be less icey and windy most days too.
I feel bad for people that visit Whiteface because it does get a lot of ice and wind. I ski 3 days a week and being up there so much I def get more good days than bad. I really want to do some more exploring this year in the high peaks. Lot of great slides where you can "earn your turns" but yes, Utah is my favorite place no question! Sick terrain and sick snow!! Be there again end of Feb.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #49
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:

Hey man. Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. I was at that show! Did you go? It was amazing as always
Also what ideas have you thought of for a bed rack? When I moved back out here from TX I was kinda in the same predicament. But I was able to find a pretty cheap solution that I could still put off road gear up to. Let me know if you need any ideas.

Quote:

Also, Can anyone recommend a shop in the Roseville, Yuba City, Sacramento area to mount bindings?
I usually go to REI. They might night be the cheapest around, but they do the best work IMO. I trust them will all of my stuff.

Quote:

Hey man you're at Beale? What kinda truck do you have?
Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Hey man you're at Beale? What kinda truck do you have?
Yeah, I got here in August from Osan.

I had a 2012 MGM DCSB 4x4 SR5 when I got here. Last month I traded up to a 2014 Silver DCSB 4x4 TRD Off Road because my buddy bought a Black T/X Pro and I couldn't allow him to have a cooler truck than me.

I don't drive the truck that often right now, trying to keep miles off it. I put 29kmi on my 2012 in 16 months and 11 of that I was in Korea and it was just my wife driving it. I got a decent trade in for it though. Paid $28,400 last June and traded it in for $27,050 with 29kmi with a lot of wear and tear and it had rust on the underside from all of the road salt in NY. They had it on the lot last week for $33k.

I think a bunch of us U-2 guys are trying to go to Squaw on the 29th.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #51
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Heavenly opens tomorrow
Old 11-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #52
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Jus saw this
Old 11-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #53
nocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant future

Name: DTM
nocaltaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tahoe Loco

Hey guys. Me and a couple of buddies usually go to the Vail big 3. Def down for a caravan or meet-up in slt or KB on the north side.
On a fat powder day it's hard to beat Heavenly.
FireBreak anybody?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #54

Let's do it.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #55
freddyboi is on a distinguished road
Name: Frederick
freddyboi's Tacoma Gallery
day trips? usually I head up to Sierra for the day.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #56
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocaltaco View Post
Hey guys. Me and a couple of buddies usually go to the Vail big 3. Def down for a caravan or meet-up in slt or KB on the north side.
On a fat powder day it's hard to beat Heavenly.
FireBreak anybody?
You mean kirkwood North Star heavenly?
I just got that pass

SOOOO STOKED!!!!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 PM   #57

Air Force:
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm gonna hit up squaw on dec 2 or 3rd with some guys from Beale if anyone wanna join
Old 11-25-2013, 01:01 PM   #58
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #60
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Dammnit!