Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Skiing and BS Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #142
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Enjoy the couple inches of new snow while you can. Nothing in any of the weather models till the new year.

Rode a few hours Wednesday at Northstar and the coverage was pathetic from the warm temps in the last week. Got first tracks at Heavenly yesterday and it was decent for what it was, just almost no visibility. Thankfully the fog and weather kept away most people. Made for an interesting ride with minimal new powder and an ice layer underneath.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #143
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Thinking of going up Monday and Tuesday. Anyone got any reports on the Heavenly, NS, Kirkwood scene up there? Hope everyone had a good holidays.

EDIT: Ohh I'm sure lots of you have seen this, but for those who haven't; pretty cool snow report
https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe
Old 01-04-2014, 08:33 PM   #144
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Thinking of going up Monday and Tuesday. Anyone got any reports on the Heavenly, NS, Kirkwood scene up there? Hope everyone had a good holidays.

EDIT: Ohh I'm sure lots of you have seen this, but for those who haven't; pretty cool snow report
https://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe
I got first tracks today. Total complete utter shit. I'll give it to heavenly for grooming the hell out of ice, blowing when they can, and making some decent corduroy early in the morning, but it's so not worth the drive for you. You'll be dodging dirt, ice patches, rocks, and shrubs on every run. Northstar was even worse a week ago, I can only imagine what it looks like now. If it wasn't for the fact I was evaluating/demoing a couple boards for TheGoodRide.com today, I would have never gone. I wouldn't run my own gear through it.

One more thing to note, Heavenly has ALL OPEN TERRAIN on slow/ski zone until further notice. They are pulling passes like crazy for anyone going off piste or "too fast." Worst January I've seen as far back as I can remember.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #145
Justin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura aboutJustin has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Name: Justin
Justin's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
I got first tracks today. Total complete utter shit. I'll give it to heavenly for grooming the hell out of ice, blowing when they can, and making some decent corduroy early in the morning, but it's so not worth the drive for you. You'll be dodging dirt, ice patches, rocks, and shrubs on every run. Northstar was even worse a week ago, I can only imagine what it looks like now. If it wasn't for the fact I was evaluating/demoing a couple boards for TheGoodRide.com today, I would have never gone. I wouldn't run my own gear through it.

One more thing to note, Heavenly has ALL OPEN TERRAIN on slow/ski zone until further notice. They are pulling passes like crazy for anyone going off piste or "too fast." Worst January I've seen as far back as I can remember.

Ahhhh okay. Yeah I was thinking of going to kirkwood or northstar. Heavenly for me is too much of the big family scene.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #146
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
The forecast changes for Thursday-Sunday almost hourly. It's toying with my emotions. Coming out here all I heard about was the fresh snow every night and how it can be a pain in the ass to get up there in the snow, etc. I've been lied to.

And my new skis haven't left the bag yet.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #147
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pissed i bought a season pass this yr.Comon, and snow allready..
Everyone do a rain dance and pry to the snow gods to give us a few good storms.Hiya hiya hiya!Hi hiya! HiyaHih!Hiya hiya hiya!!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:10 PM   #148
The Mad Scientist

I did my part...washed both my trucks.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #149
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
I'm pissed i bought a season pass this yr.Comon, and snow allready..
Everyone do a rain dance and pry to the snow gods to give us a few good storms.Hiya hiya hiya!Hi hiya! HiyaHih!Hiya hiya hiya!!
I pray everyday that we will get snow. We never do
But I will pray again tonight and ill say one for you too

Old 01-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #150

50% chance of what looks like a dusting tonight.

I'm about to say F it and take next Friday off and ski Boreal.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:48 PM   #151
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Im going to hav to just suck it up and ride the ice and slush.
But i keep hoping .
And
Hiya hiya hiya! Hi ya hi hiya hiya!
Old 01-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #152
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
up in Tahoe.....gonna ride northstar tomorrow and possibly Friday....let me know if any of you are gonna be up....sorry about the late notice....wasn't sure if I was gonna make it up or not. Just hoping that the park is decent!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #153

Lock this thread. It makes me sad.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #154
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
Lock this thread. It makes me sad.
I'm assuming you're in Upstate NY now?

If so, I feel your pain
Old 01-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #155

Nope. Living in CA.

VT has seen more snow than Tahoe this year. I've only been out 2x this year and both times were garbage.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #156
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
Nope. Living in CA.

VT has seen more snow than Tahoe this year. I've only been out 2x this year and both times were garbage.
Yeah man it's bad.. That really sucks
Old 01-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #157
The Mad Scientist

Got a dusting earlier. Nothing to write home about, but it's moisture.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #158
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
not as bad as I thought but nothing great....I will be out for first tracks tomorrow morning!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 PM   #159
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
Aside from the lack of snow this year, i miss skiing in Tahoe. But i can't complain with Montana powder
Old 01-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #160
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxhead View Post
Aside from the lack of snow this year, i miss skiing in Tahoe. But i can't complain with Montana powder
Dude, you have way better snow there!! California is sweet but not the best snow.
But any snow is better than what I see all winter