Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen

Old 11-05-2013, 09:20 AM   #21
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys, really appreciate you all looking
Old 11-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #22
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry to hear this!

Just to let you know, my roommate lived in Texas while he was in the navy. His truck was stolen once and then a couple months later it was pulled over for expired registration and the cops realized it was stolen. He ended up getting it back plus the cost of a new transmission that the thieves had to pay for.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #23
NerdAlert is on a distinguished road
NerdAlert's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks dude. I'll be driving through that area later on today and I'll keep an eye out
Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #24
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Josh, that is the first good news story i have heard lol.. it helps. That one didnt disappear into mexico at least.
Old 11-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
Thanks Josh, that is the first good news story i have heard lol.. it helps. That one didnt disappear into mexico at least.
Lol keep your head up
Old 11-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #26
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Man after reading this, I feel like installing some POV lights and a siren that will activate upon braking 60 seconds after driving away which can only be turned off by a kill switch actuated by a bluetooth deadbolt.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
scocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shedscocar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scocar's Tacoma Gallery
Grrr.

I'll keep an eye out in Sac and North Bay
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #28
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
If you can, post it on facebook. That will reach a lot of people everywhere. Good luck on this, I'll keep an eye out as well.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #29
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful old yota... sorry to hear, I'll keep my eyes open
Old 11-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #30
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I'm a little far away from the Bay Area, but I'll keep an eye out for it.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #31
Flip Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Flip Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Got my attention, I'll keep an eye out too. Sorry to hear that. Good luck.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #32
Forestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Forestfire's Tacoma Gallery
Damn! I'll keep my eye out in the Grass Valley area. Sorry man, that's a beautiful truck
Old 11-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #33

Thanks guys. No news yet. For any officers out there, would following up on the case # with out any contact from them waste their time? It probably wouldn't make any difference but I would like to give more details about the truck if it could help at all when trying to identify it.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #34
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely to end up out of state or vin# replaced. Easier to do on older vehicles. I hope it was fully insured. Even with that, insurance don't pay too much.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #35
ToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura aboutToyTacosRule has a spectacular aura about
Name: Dane
ToyTacosRule's Tacoma Gallery
That truck is gorgeous. If I lived around CA I would keep an eye out for ya but I doubt I will spot it in Texas.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #36

Thanks guys, still nothin yet.
Old 11-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
Thanks guys, still nothin yet.
ugh
Old 11-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #38
2012tacolover will become famous soon enough2012tacolover will become famous soon enough

Name: Norm
2012tacolover's Tacoma Gallery
Beautiful truck I really hope you get her back, like others have said, keep checking CL and other sites, but also look in all areas of CA specially LA, SD and so on!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
Tool Pants is on a distinguished road
Tool Pants's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 1988 that I bought in 1989. Owned it for 23 years and then it was stolen last summer. The 1988 is the 11th most stolen vehicle in the US believe it or not. 5 months after it was stolen I bought the 2001.

Mine was never recovered. I would call the police from time to time to make sure it was in the computer, and it was. Even checked with the DMV to make sure it was in the computer. It has been 17 months and I'm never going to see it again. I hope you have better luck and get yours back.

My Toyota mechanic also has a 1988. His was stolen twice from in front of his house. He got it back in a day or two both times. One time it was recovered in San Jose, and the other in Los Angeles. I was told they are popular south of the border.

Those old Toyotas are easy to steal, and I knew it. But I never thought someone would steal a 24 year old pickup. I was able to start others with my key. Including the Toyota owned by my mechanic.

Mine is easy to spot. It was an xtra cab with a long bed. Supposedly Toyota only made 2,000 of them between 1986-1988. In the 23 years I owned it I saw just 1 or 2 like mine. Because it was a long bed it had a larger than normal gas tank. I'm glad it was on empty when it was stolen.

I use to call the police every week just it case it had been recovered and they did not call me. Waste of time because it was in the computer and they had my phone numbers. With a joy ride they say you get it back in a day or two, as in the case of my mechanic. He tells a funny story for the first time it was stolen. He got a call from the police on his listed landline saying they had recovered his stolen Toyota. He told the police it was not stolen, but parked on the street in front of his house. But when he went outside to look it was in fact gone. After the second time it was stolen and recovered, he put in a kill switch.
Attached Thumbnails
1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen-my-truck-donea.jpg   1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen-my-truck-doneb.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #40

Sorry to hear your story Tool Pants, thats a good looking truck you had. Did everything you needed and more im sure. I hope your 2001 has lived up to your expectations set by the 88!

So Tuesday I got a voicemail. My truck was recovered in Oakland.. Couldnt believe it. Unfortunately I'm out of town and can't get it out of the impound for a few more days. Its surprising how hard it is to get info on the trucks condition. After numerous calls between the Sheriffs office, Oakland PD and the impound all I know is that its 'Damaged', has no plates and the ignition is broken , but luckily not has not been stripped.

My Uncle lives close by to the yard its at and went down to try and check it out, unfortunately he wasn't allowed to see it but found out it does have a flat tire. Its hard to guess with any certainty what its actual condition is but if I were to guess, they smashed up the front and blew the tire.

I just don't get it, people suck sometimes. I'm nervous to see what it looks like when I get back. Really hoping its something I can repair.

Going to head down to the impound with a trailer on the Tacoma and an air pump. Hopefully we can drive it away. I don't get why the impound can't let me know more about the damage.. So frustrated.

Ill prolly post some pictures once I get it back. Hoping it's not too bad.