Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen

Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 PM   #41
zbaldo has a spectacular aura aboutzbaldo has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ozzy
zbaldo's Tacoma Gallery
Thats great news
Its probably something pretty easy to fix, if not you still have your truck at least.
I'd say fix it and spend a couple hundred dollars securing it with some alarm or kill switch.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Here's hoping it's nothing too serious.
Old 12-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #43
Rubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRubio92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Josh
Rubio92's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, I'm sorry to hear all this happened to you and HOPE it isn't in rough condition. I'd hate the world if my truck were stolen. Hope everything turns out ok!
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #44
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
glad to hear youre getting it back, hopefully its not in too bad of shape
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #45
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah whatever the condition is, it will be nice to have it back regardless. And most definitely it will get several 'security' upgrades.

Thanks guys
Old 12-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #46
JerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud ofJerryTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Jerry
JerryTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Great to hear it's been recovered and hopefully isn't in too bad of shape. It's a beautiful truck that you obviously took great care of
Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 AM   #47
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery

I'm so glad to hear you're getting it back!

I hope its in decent condition but I'd say its worth rebuilding even if it's pretty messed up.

This may have convinced me to look into some kind of security system for my truck.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #48
btwice22 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bryan
btwice22's Tacoma Gallery
Glad they found your ride. Curious to see the condition.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #49
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
Great to hear that it has been recovered. It ticks me off that on top of stealing your ride they mistreat her. If I ever had to steal or commandeer a car/truck, I would definitely return it with a full tank of gas.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #50
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Damn that's awesome they found it. Curious to see what it looks like now.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #51
Flip Dog is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Flip Dog's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome news!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #52
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06RadiantRed View Post
Sorry to hear your story Tool Pants, thats a good looking truck you had. Did everything you needed and more im sure. I hope your 2001 has lived up to your expectations set by the 88!

So Tuesday I got a voicemail. My truck was recovered in Oakland.. Couldnt believe it. Unfortunately I'm out of town and can't get it out of the impound for a few more days. Its surprising how hard it is to get info on the trucks condition. After numerous calls between the Sheriffs office, Oakland PD and the impound all I know is that its 'Damaged', has no plates and the ignition is broken , but luckily not has not been stripped.

My Uncle lives close by to the yard its at and went down to try and check it out, unfortunately he wasn't allowed to see it but found out it does have a flat tire. Its hard to guess with any certainty what its actual condition is but if I were to guess, they smashed up the front and blew the tire.

I just don't get it, people suck sometimes. I'm nervous to see what it looks like when I get back. Really hoping its something I can repair.

Going to head down to the impound with a trailer on the Tacoma and an air pump. Hopefully we can drive it away. I don't get why the impound can't let me know more about the damage.. So frustrated.

Ill prolly post some pictures once I get it back. Hoping it's not too bad.
Great news man! Hey, if you want some help installing a kill switch, I have an idea for a kill switch that no one will ever figure out, guaranteed it will never be compromised.
Old 12-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #53
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on finding the truck.

though, time to install a cell phone GPS.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:54 AM   #54
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
If it's in Oakland it's at A&B towing, When I worked for OPD they were a complete pain in the ass to deal with... It's not that they can't tell you about it, The bitches there are just too lazy to check for themselves. The report probably just says "damaged" and only know what someone there has told them about it... Make a note that as it's sitting there, it's getting $50+ more expensive daily to get her out...
Old 12-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #55
Shaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shedShaggs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Shaggs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Great news man! Hey, if you want some help installing a kill switch, I have an idea for a kill switch that no one will ever figure out, guaranteed it will never be compromised.
That's what I was thinking... Fuel pump or ignition interrupt switch. I have done that on all my older cars that werent worth alarms/gps/etc. You get one toggle switch, hide it somewhere easy only you know about, and it's at least not driving away. Someone would have to steal it with a towtruck, which is much less common. Usually they just use a shaved key.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #56
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Tow trucks, tow dollies, and those funky bed insert tow rigs are getting popular. Repo folks use them for a reason. Park in gear (or Park), set the brake, and turn the steering to lock; it may slow them down enough to make a difference.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #57
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggs View Post
That's what I was thinking... Fuel pump or ignition interrupt switch. I have done that on all my older cars that werent worth alarms/gps/etc. You get one toggle switch, hide it somewhere easy only you know about, and it's at least not driving away. Someone would have to steal it with a towtruck, which is much less common. Usually they just use a shaved key.
I came up with an idea for a magnetic switch under the coin tray, the wire interrupts the starter solenoid on an automatic. You have to drop a magnet into the coin tray or the truck will not start. The only way to get the truck to start would be to get under it and find where it's interrupted and bypass it. More than most thieves are willing to do. Anyone thinking there is a kill switch would be looking for a switch, you wouldn't think to tear apart the center console if you're looking for a switch.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:35 AM   #58
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I came up with an idea for a magnetic switch under the coin tray, the wire interrupts the starter solenoid on an automatic. You have to drop a magnet into the coin tray or the truck will not start. The only way to get the truck to start would be to get under it and find where it's interrupted and bypass it. More than most thieves are willing to do. Anyone thinking there is a kill switch would be looking for a switch, you wouldn't think to tear apart the center console if you're looking for a switch.
If it were me, I'd make it so that if they start the truck w/o disabling the security feature, the fuel pump will turn off after 73 seconds.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #59
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
If it were me, I'd make it so that if they start the truck w/o disabling the security feature, the fuel pump will turn off after 73 seconds.
You need to be careful with stuff that disables the vehicle when it is in motion. In other words, you could be held liable if the perp was injured or killed because of your handy work Better to just disable.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #60
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad you found your truck man. Definitely interested to see the condition it's in. I hope those low life scum bags get what's coming to them. I hate thieves.