Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen

Old 11-02-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
1988 Toyota Pickup - Stolen

Hey guys, been a while. In addition to my Tacoma I own (owned?) a 1988 Toyota Pickup, I just found out it was stolen from my complex parking spot sometime in the last week or so, i dont drive it every day so I didnt know it was missing until this morning when I went to take it for a weekend spin. I know its a slim chance but I just wanted to put the word out in hopes that all of you guys who always love to look at a nice looking Toyota truck when they drive by might have it catch your eye. It was stolen in Castro Valley CA, East Bay Area probably last week.

Here is a picture of my old truck

Thanks guys.. keep an eye out if you could.

Licence plate # 3P11206

More details on it:

1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4 License# 3P11206
v6 3vze SR5 XTra Cab with bucket seats
5 speed Manual
Color: Dark Metallic Gray
Rims: Black Rock 909D's 15"
Tires: BFG All Terrains 32x11.5 - Black side out

Extra Stuff:
Doug Thorley Headers
Magnaflow muffler and exhaust tip
Kobalt Tool Box in bed with the lid painted black
Line-Xed bedliner sprayed in the bed
2" Body Lift

Most everything else was stock
Had around 203k miles last i checked
Old 11-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future85GT 79FJ40 has a brilliant future
Name: Ken
85GT 79FJ40's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like a nice rig. I've had several of the older trucks myself and I love the looks of the first extended cabs. Not many left around here for sure. Hope it's not already in Mexico and you get it back soon.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #3
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck. Sorry to hear it's AWOL.

Are you absolutely sure it was stolen, not impounded or otherwise towed? If it was left unattended/unobserved for days at a time, it's possible the complex management had it marked as an abandoned vehicle and towed.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #4
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately it looks to be stolen. I went though the security service first and checked with them about it being towed or impounded, no luck there. It also didn't show up on any records when I called in to the Sheriffs office to be impounded.

I drove around the local neighborhood for a while, no sign of it being dropped close by to cool off. Nothing showing up on Craiglist either.

I feel like there is something else i should be doing to find it but im not really sure.. Any ideas? Never been in this situation before.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #5
Backdoor Commentator
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, I was hoping a crabby manager had it towed.

As long as you reported it to local law enforcement (they should've given you a case number) it's in NCIC. You should tell your insurance company about it, even if you only had minimum coverage. Keep checking forums, craigslist, auto sites, ebay motors, etc. Call some area 4x4 shops, and maybe ask to put up some flyers there. Not much else I can think of doing.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #6

Thanks for the help DoorDing!
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #7
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
OP thats one nice truck, hope they find it
Old 11-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #8
Taco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Salad Sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Nuke Submariner
Taco Salad Sport's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, what a well-cared for truck. I hope it comes back in one piece unharmed...
Keep us updated.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #9

Thanks guys.. really sucks.

More details on it:

1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4 License# 3P11206
v6 3vze SR5 XTra Cab with bucket seats
5 speed Manual
Color: Dark Metallic Gray
Rims: Black Rock 909D's 15"
Tires: BFG All Terrains 32x11.5 - Black side out

Extra Stuff:
Doug Thorley Headers
Magnaflow muffler and exhaust tip
Kobalt Tool Box in bed with the lid painted black
Line-Xed bedliner sprayed in the bed
2" Body Lift

Most everything else was stock
Had around 203k miles last i checked
Old 11-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #10
Bigsurprise is on a distinguished road
Bigsurprise's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, that really sucks. My condolences. I live in the Bay Area, I will keep a lookout. That is one cherry looking truck!
Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 AM   #11
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck. Good luck finding it...let us know.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #12
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain. Mine was stolen a month ago. Best of luck finding the scum bag.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #13
Fiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiolo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr.Chow
Fiolo's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear man, such a good looking rig, hope you get it back soon and in tact
Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #14
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks bro. When 4WDs get snatched they usually go to South America where they are used in the mountain terraine. The lack of stable law enforcement in banana land makes finding it next to impossible. Seeing that you live in a border state, I would think its already out of reach of the US authorities.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #15

No news yet on the truck. Paidfor, did you hear any news on yours yet??
Old 11-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #16
ian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shedian408 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
ian408's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if the Bay Area Toll Authority keeps track of plates that cross the bridge?

Your CL searches should be far and wide too. Like NV, OR, WA, AZ, or even all western states.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #17
davidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidpick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: David
davidpick's Tacoma Gallery
that's a great looking truck! sorry to hear it's been stolen. thieves are about the lowest forms of life on the planet.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:04 AM   #18

thanks ian, yeah i was wondering the same. I did have fast track hooked up to the truck, and reported that one as stolen. My fast track records dont show any bridge activity.. but im not exactly sure how their system works. Do they record the license plate numbers of cars that go through the cash side? If they didnt put my fast track up on the dash im not sure if it would of gotten recorded with cash ya know.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #19

Iv been using some of the Search ALL of craigs list sights daily, nothing showing up yet.. unfortunately
Old 11-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
GuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shedGuyWithCamera is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alan
GuyWithCamera's Tacoma Gallery
Thats heart breaking... I'll keep an eye out.