Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms

Old 12-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #21
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
65th Street in Sac? I'm up in Plumas Lake.. that's a bit out of the way.

Not positive where I'm going yet. Might head up near Grass Valley and check out that area.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
oh yea, thats far for you! if u change your mind you are welcome to join us bro
Old 12-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #23
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Heh, predictions of possible snow in sac tonight and tomorrow morning
Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #24
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stoked!
So what rigs have winches and recovery gear? Anyone other than me?
Also, does anyone have full-length shovels that they could bring? I got stuck in snow once and I just have a little collapsible shovel and the guy who pulled me out had a full-length one that worked A LOT better.
I'm thinking I might go get some sand, too, but I haven't decided yet...I'll have to get that in the morning, though, Ace is already closed.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #25

I looked at the map, it looks like a 2 lane highway up the mountain to this place and that's it?
Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #26
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Correct!^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Heh, predictions of possible snow in sac tonight and tomorrow morning
Bring that nice truck out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
I'm stoked!
So what rigs have winches and recovery gear? Anyone other than me?
Also, does anyone have full-length shovels that they could bring? I got stuck in snow once and I just have a little collapsible shovel and the guy who pulled me out had a full-length one that worked A LOT better.
I'm thinking I might go get some sand, too, but I haven't decided yet...I'll have to get that in the morning, though, Ace is already closed.
I know Jason has straps, and my buddy does too. No winches tho other than you Im bringing A full sized shovel....I picked up 3 sandbags tonight...total of 120 pnds.....hope thats enough
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Correct!^^^

I know Jason has straps, and my buddy does too. No winches tho other than you Im bringing A full sized shovel....I picked up 3 sandbags tonight...total of 120 pnds.....hope thats enough
Alright, cool. What kind of sand do you get? Just the cheapest stuff? Does the coarseness matter? I haven't researched this, just know that sand is good to have in snow.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #28
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
oooh.you mean for under the tires in case we get stuck....ummm, i bought sand bags for the rear of my bed...but in case we needed some we can use what i got...i bought the cheap crap...3 bucks for 60 pnds...i dont think im prepared but the good thing is its only gonna be about a foot and a half....we should be ok

I hope
Old 12-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #29
LensCap

Quote:
oooh.you mean for under the tires in case we get stuck....ummm, i bought sand bags for the rear of my bed...but in case we needed some we can use what i got...i bought the cheap crap...3 bucks for 60 pnds...i dont think im prepared but the good thing is its only gonna be about a foot and a half....we should be ok

I hope
Yeah, I have a heavy campershell for weight back there, so I was just gonna get like 1 sand bag, but yeah, if we do get stuck then the weight can act as traction, too. Also good for ice. I'll do some research right now.
Anyone else want a sand bag? I can pick a few up at Ace tomorrow morning.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #30
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I think we should be ok....time for bed...im an old man.lol
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #31

I kept 4 50lb sandbags in the bed of my Tacoma last winter and it seemed to do the trick. I don't think that 1 bag is going to be a noticeable improvement.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #32

I think we're going to head out towards Grass Valley and mess around up there. Might bring some guns and hit the range in the afternoon.

Anyone know of any trails out off of highway 20 or in that area?
Old 12-06-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct!^^^

Wish I could, but promised to help hang Christmas lights tomorrow morning (although that might not happen with this weather).
Old 12-07-2013, 07:13 PM   #34
LensCap

Just got back to Davis. Awesome day! I've never done snow wheeling like that before. I even still have some snow on my rear bumper! You guys that filled the beds with snow probably have most of it still.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #35

We went out to some creek bed outside of Nevada City today. Had a bit of fun.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #36
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-imageuploadedbytapatalk1386513485.564518.jpgSnow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-imageuploadedbytapatalk1386513501.730472.jpgSnow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-imageuploadedbytapatalk1386513531.763611.jpgSnow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-imageuploadedbytapatalk1386513624.613586.jpgSnow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-imageuploadedbytapatalk1386513749.663626.jpg
We had a blast! The duratracs really impressed me. But what impressed me the most was Frenando's stock height truck made it through some pretty deep stuff.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #37
whiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhiteboy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
whiteboy's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like so much fun.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #38
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea Jason!! What a blast bro!!! At first I was like and then i was like LOL

Im glad we kept going

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
Just got back to Davis. Awesome day! I've never done snow wheeling like that before. I even still have some snow on my rear bumper! You guys that filled the beds with snow probably have most of it still.
Super fun bro!! Good times Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
We went out to some creek bed outside of Nevada City today. Had a bit of fun.
Looks fun bro
Attached Thumbnails
Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02328.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02333.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02335.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02341.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02342.jpg  

Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02343.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02345.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02347.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02348.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02349.jpg  

Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02352.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02353.jpg   Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms-dsc02354.jpg  
Old 12-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #40
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
Nice to meet you Kevin! Can't wait until the next time.
Nice to meet you, too!

I'll get my pictures up later today.