Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms

Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #1
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Snow Wheelin This Weekend. Uncle Toms

Late notice as always with me

But if anybody wants to wheel this weekend in the snow, LETS DO IT!! Looks like saturday is the day. Taking the road from Georgetown up to Uncle Toms cabin..stop and chill for a bit....then hit a few of the trails that are on the way....if anyone wants we can hit up loon lake and get the grill started. Looks like Saturday it will be snowing so not sure how sum peeps feel about grilling but I am down like a clown from the west side of town without a frown!

Head count please
Old 12-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #2
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
not 100% yet, but 95%
Edit: I just checked my front end to make sure everything's still good after the lift. - Check! Good to go.
Just gotta add oil and double check that I won't kill myself academically from a day off and I should be all set!
Old 12-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I was really worried since I never wheeled in the snow and my wife says, stop being a b*itch and lets go!! LOL

what do you say to that right?? lol
Old 12-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Hells yea. 4lo and let her roll on her own! lol..JK
Old 12-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #7
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What time you guys thinking of heading out? I'm good to leave whenever.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #8
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I think the earlier the better. I need to make sure im back in sac by 530ish. Got work at 7pm..hella whack
Old 12-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
LensCap

That sounds good, unless Ferny wants to meet earlier to get more time up there. Where should we meet?
Old 12-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #11
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm farthest east so how about chevron on 65th and hwy50
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #12
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
So my wife wakes up bitching today that maybe we shouldnt go, gonna be too dangerous..blah blah blah!

10 minutes later she says..ok lets go.....F*cken women!

LOL, Yea 8ish sounds good. 830 the latest! my wife is so slow in the mornings! lol

So what way are we taking? I take the reallllyyyyy long way when i go. Salmon falls road. 49 to georgetown. then it turns into wentworth road i believe???? that takes us up to uncle toms cabin and then to ice house road.....If you know a better and shorter way to uncle toms Jason let me know.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
LensCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
I think I'm farthest east so how about chevron on 65th and hwy50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
So my wife wakes up bitching today that maybe we shouldnt go, gonna be too dangerous..blah blah blah!

LOL, Yea 8ish sounds good. 830 the latest! my wife is so slow in the mornings! lol

So what way are we taking? I take the reallllyyyyy long way when i go. Salmon falls road. 49 to georgetown. then it turns into wentworth road i believe???? that takes us up to uncle toms cabin and then to ice house road.....If you know a better and shorter way to uncle toms Jason let me know.
Sounds good, I'll be at that chevron at 8, then!
Where's uncle tom's cabin? I've never really heard of that, but I know where ice house road is. It connects to the 50 just up from pollock pines, why not take that exit?
Old 12-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I'll waive as I go by on my way to south lake tahoe.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post

Sounds like what my wife said the news I watched this morning show it clearing up at 8 am so it shouldn't be to bad 14" at that elevation should be fun. As for route that's the long way but it's the shortest. You can also take 49 form 50 but with ski traffic it might not be best . The drive up might be slow as the snow level is going to be low. That being said it might be better sticking to the hwy. as they will be plowing. We will just have to check in the morning and hope for the best. But it might be better to go ice road and work are way back down through g town
Old 12-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Ok that sounds good guys.

Uncle Toms is a little cabin, with alot of history. They sell beer and chips. thats about it.....Ima bring a sled for my boy. Should be a blast guys. oh, and unlce toms only takes cash...that reminds me....$$$
Old 12-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about doing the same tomorrow. A little snow wheeling and throwing my 2 year old down the hill on his sled.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Well saddle up partner! 5 rigs so far
Old 12-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #19
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
I might have a friend interested in coming. I'd be in my stock TRD Off Road and he'd be in a Baja.

When/Where are you meeting? How far from Roseville is it?
Old 12-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #20
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Lets do it! We are meeting on 65th st. at the chevron at 8-830 am. Thats not to far from roseville. I believe jason said he's from citrus heights. My buddies are coming from West sac. I live in S sac