Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

North Bay Wheeling Trip 12/22

Old 12-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #21
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
Thanks Jason for adding me to the list and yes I'll be in the lone Nissan lol I got Xterra back last night so I now have my axle shafts back in and new abs wire do I have 4wd.

Maybe ill do a pre run tomorrow to see the conditions up there if any one is interested. I haven't been up there for a year.
Right on, yeah it'd be good to see what it looks like up there before we go bringing a bunch of (mostly winch-less) trucks up to the top. I'd be down to check it out with ya, but the surf is f-Ing epic right now, so I'll have to pass!

Def report back if you make it up there.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:56 PM   #22
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Right on, yeah it'd be good to see what it looks like up there before we go bringing a bunch of (mostly winch-less) trucks up to the top. I'd be down to check it out with ya, but the surf is f-Ing epic right now, so I'll have to pass!

Def report back if you make it up there.

I was just up there.

If everyone has chains, and stays out of the back trails I'm sure it'll be okay.
Old 12-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #23
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post

I was just up there.

If everyone has chains, and stays out of the back trails I'm sure it'll be okay.
Did you need chains? I wouldn't think with your set up you would need them. I have never chained a 4 wd with good snow tires. Tell me more about the conditions
Old 12-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #24
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't need chains up the M1 to hull. I can see how some might need them...

I didn't carry chains. (unfortunately)
The back trails are pretty rough. I'd stay out of those.

I'll be there tomorrow. Lost the top of my coleman stove.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:15 PM   #25
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
Well I have a winch...anyone else? And I've never brought chains up there. But I could see if your on stock tires then u would want to use them.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post

I was just up there.

I heard ya.

Probably planning to stay on M1 in the higher elevations, but trails and messing around can be achieved lower down, around the lake and whatnot. I personally don't have chains. Done quite a bit of wheeling in snow without em...
Old 12-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #27
Saratogian
DefyInertia is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
DefyInertia's Tacoma Gallery
If the weather holds I'm sure you'll be fine. Weather up there changes fast though and I've been snowed on in late May, barely able to summit on dual sport with knobby tires. You can always hike the last few hundred feet if you have to and there isn't a ton of room at the summit for a bunch of trucks. I would imagine everyone will make it to the summit access road just fine, but from there it's a short steep run to the top. Not a lot of trees to winch off of.

This Sunday is my 1 year olds bday so I can't make it. Weather permitting I'll be up there the 27/28th. I'll be bringing chains, etc
Old 12-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #28
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
So hit the trails 9 or 10 ish? Now is that be at the trail at pillsbury then? Or leave at that time? Dumba$$ question I answered it of myself .
Anyone thought of a meeting place where we could all meet and roll up there together ? Thoughts?? Time to meet etc? I'm in the area of the Marlow Safeway, Gureneville rd and Marlow rd.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #29
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Might meet up with you guys somewhere closer to the trail. Wife and 2 year old included.

Don't have much to offer [yet] but a stock TRD OR and a couple shovels. We'll see how it does.
Old 12-15-2013, 10:01 PM   #30
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ya baby! Lets do this!
Oh but no scratchy the paint for me!

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #31
BudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedBudMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BudMan's Tacoma Gallery
My truck is on stands right now awaiting OME lift and camburg UCA install. Tires on feeler. If I get it together, I'm there!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #32
Proyota will become famous soon enoughProyota will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
Proyota's Tacoma Gallery
Parts Ordered / Repairs to Commence

I tore my left side outer cv boot (my mistake ) and will hopefully have all the parts i need this week to replace the L/F Axle and install the ECGS Bushing new axle seal at the same time. Figure I'll go ahead and replace all the gear fluids (t-case & diffs) as well. I'd still like to meet up with you guys Sunday for some Snow Wheeling (I never have done that before)! Question: Have any of you guys installed the ECGS bushing yet into the front differential on your Tacoma yet?
Old 12-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #33

I had the front vide but was under warranty so toyota replaced all that crap for me so no, but knock on wood that crap doesn't come back to haunt me.
If it dose it again ill either do the bushing or an arb, prob the bush though.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #35
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Possible, depends on how the Saturday before goes (and if Ferny is up for the drive as well).

That area looks really nice and I would like to check it out.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #36
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Don't worry we can plow the snow out of the way for you!

I can meet where ever in Santa Rosa in the AM because I'm coming from Rohnert Park. Also I tore my outer cv. Might try to patch it up or just say f**k it and run it this week lol Had to grind down a skid plate yesterday because my driveshaft was hitting when flexing and my exhaust was bent and messed up so I had to chop it lol

Also Jason and I might prerun Friday to see what the conditions are like.

If you have the coilovers already put together then install of the assembly and uca's are quick. I could possibly lend a hand if needed.
Old 12-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
Go Big or Go Home!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
Ya baby! Lets do this!
Oh but no scratchy the paint for me!

Thanks,

Brett
Don't worry everything can be buffed out! Lol
Old 12-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #38

^ Ya the trial up to hull looks nice and wide, least in this YouTube video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyKEilVvAE
This is not my video.
I think I'll be alright.?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
Saratogian
DefyInertia is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
DefyInertia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
I think I'll be alright.?

Thanks,

Brett
Your paint will be fine
Old 12-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #40
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Possible, depends on how the Saturday before goes (and if Ferny is up for the drive as well).

That area looks really nice and I would like to check it out.
You should roll! last trip of the year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
Don't worry we can plow the snow out of the way for you!

I can meet where ever in Santa Rosa in the AM because I'm coming from Rohnert Park. Also I tore my outer cv. Might try to patch it up or just say f**k it and run it this week lol Had to grind down a skid plate yesterday because my driveshaft was hitting when flexing and my exhaust was bent and messed up so I had to chop it lol

Also Jason and I might prerun Friday to see what the conditions are like.

If you have the coilovers already put together then install of the assembly and uca's are quick. I could possibly lend a hand if needed.
Sounds good. Check the original post for meeting times/places and whatnot.

also... Unless you have a twin rig (which i HIGHLY doubt) Im pretty sure I saw your truck today. I was getting gas at the chevron in RP, off Golf Course dr. Cute chick driving it, we chatted about dogs for a second before she took off.

Anyways. Stoked for sunday!