Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

North Bay Wheeling Trip 12/22

Old 12-16-2013, 10:08 PM   #41
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm out!

I'll be about 800 miles north!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:28 AM   #42
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Y'all think my stock spare tire will be ok? I have a full size tire but I haven't got around to get a 17 inch wheel yet. Gotta have them matching baby!

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #43
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Brett,

This is just from the lookout point, not the top of Hull mtn. But either way the road he's on is M1 which we'll be taking from the "airport landing strip" at the bottom by the lake to the top of the mountain.

I'd plan on stopping at the lookout for lunch. Its a pretty sweet spot to stop with tons of room for rigs. Also if we're lucky sometimes you see hang gliders jump off the mountain and fly around. We'll see what happens sunday...

TacomaTSP (Travis) and I have ran this trail a few times back in the day so if theres any worries or questions about the trail just ask us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raceline08 View Post
^ Ya the trial up to hull looks nice and wide, least in this YouTube video
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyKEilVvAE
This is not my video.
I think I'll be alright.?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #44
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Most of you that want to see more what the trip will be like. here is one from a few years back... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...re-thread.html

Pretty mild stuff
Old 12-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #45
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
You should roll! last trip of the year!

Sounds good. Check the original post for meeting times/places and whatnot.

also... Unless you have a twin rig (which i HIGHLY doubt) Im pretty sure I saw your truck today. I was getting gas at the chevron in RP, off Golf Course dr. Cute chick driving it, we chatted about dogs for a second before she took off.

Anyways. Stoked for sunday!
Yea that was my gf driving my x. And thanks! We live right off golf course. She drove it to meet me in Marin on my way home from work. Yea there aren't any that look like mine lol

Btw....anyone bringing their dogs? Thinking about bringing one or both of ours....
Old 12-17-2013, 08:37 AM   #46
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Y'all think my stock spare tire will be ok? I have a full size tire but I haven't got around to get a 17 inch wheel yet. Gotta have them matching baby!

Thanks,

Brett
Sorry but If you get a flat or blown tire, I won't be able to help u lol I'm on 17x9's with a 6x4.5 lug pattern lol
Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 AM   #47
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
Yea that was my gf driving my x. And thanks! We live right off golf course. She drove it to meet me in Marin on my way home from work. Yea there aren't any that look like mine lol

Btw....anyone bringing their dogs? Thinking about bringing one or both of ours....
Lol thats what i figured! I was gonna bring up the trip, but didn't want to sound too creepy. It was funny cause I was just reading your build thread like 20 minutes before I went out... then i was all.." Heyyyy i recognize that rig!"

I'll most likely be bringing my hound, she loves the snow...
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM   #48
Forestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedForestfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
Forestfire's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, wish I could go. I worked on the Mendo for 7 years and I maintained the weather station at Soda Creek station. Its a good view if you ever do a day trip to High Glade lookout.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #49
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
I might end up bringing my lab if we make it out. I'd also be +1 with my buddy following us out in his Baja.

Does anyone bring 2 way radios out?

Any idea how much snow is up there right now?
Old 12-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #50
Go Big or Go Home!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I might end up bringing my lab if we make it out. I'd also be +1 with my buddy following us out in his Baja.

i have a cb mounted in my xterra and i might bring my dog with me.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #51
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
Possible, depends on how the Saturday before goes (and if Ferny is up for the drive as well).

That area looks really nice and I would like to check it out.
Im still debating man, I gotta work Saturday from 4PM to 2AM. SUX big ones
Old 12-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #52
T4R Bay Area
SantaCruzRunner is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
SantaCruzRunner's Tacoma Gallery
You guys mind if a 4runner comes? Long ass drive from me tho..
Old 12-17-2013, 06:46 PM   #53
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaTSP4 View Post
Sorry but If you get a flat or blown tire, I won't be able to help u lol I'm on 17x9's with a 6x4.5 lug pattern lol
Ya! Same pattern as me. 17x9s, 6 lug 4.5 backspaceing. I just ment for the spare.
Damn guess ill have to rock my stock spare 265, 75 , 16, I think? Would look hella funny going down the road .

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-17-2013, 06:54 PM   #54
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I'm sure there will be a few rigs CB radios. Usually those who don't have a CB end up with an FRS radio which works fine for short distances. I have a few extra I can bring. I'll be on the CB or 2m if anyone has that
Old 12-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #55
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Quote:

Baja as in Subarau Baja?? Or Tacoma tx pro Baja?
Either way... Roll out! Getting a CB for x-mas (I hope!) but for now its smoke signals and word of mouth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Im still debating man, I gotta work Saturday from 4PM to 2AM. SUX big ones
Gnar. Just power it out! Red Bullllllll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantaCruzRunner View Post
You guys mind if a 4runner comes? Long ass drive from me tho..
Hells yeah! You could always camp at Lake Pillsbury, make a 2 day trip out of it. Plenty of fun wheeling and good camp spots around the lake. It's actually supposed to warm up quite a bit. High of 70, low of 36, wouldn't be too bad to camp.

Quote:
Ya! Same pattern as me. 17x9s, 6 lug 4.5 backspaceing. I just ment for the spare.
Damn guess ill have to rock my stock spare 265, 75 , 16, I think? Would look hella funny going down the road .

Thanks,

Brett
I think he means 6" by 4.5" lug pattern, whereas our Tacos are 6x5.5 Won't fit.

You could track down a TRD Sport owner though, they have stock 17's. bum a spare off em!
Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #56
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post

Hells yeah! You could always camp at Lake Pillsbury, make a 2 day trip out of it. Plenty of fun wheeling and good camp spots around the lake. It's actually supposed to warm up quite a bit. High of 70, low of 36, wouldn't be too bad to camp.
Dang, I got this RTT and I really want to try it out. Maybe, MAYBE I might do this.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:06 PM   #57
TRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMEDIC's Tacoma Gallery
Im like 50% in for the trip. Need to get the day off work. Plus work partner is irritating the shit outa me right now.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #58
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Dang, I got this RTT and I really want to try it out. Maybe, MAYBE I might do this.

Do it. It's beautiful this time of year, and you'll have the place to yourself. Just build up a big ass bonfire and kick it!
Beats the hell out of sitting in holiday traffic on the way back to Danville...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMEDIC View Post
Im like 50% in for the trip. Need to get the day off work. Plus work partner is irritating the shit outa me right now.
I updated your status to 50%. Do yourself a favor and come wheeling! Call it a "mental health" sick day.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #59
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks,

Brett
I have three sport rims im trying to sell.I also have a 17" FJ rim that came as my spare.I could bring ether of them if your interested.Let me no i could make you a sweet deal.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...digo-pear.html
Old 12-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #60
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
I may join you guys at coffee in the morning to meet some of the Sonoma county guys. I'll be moving back to that area on the 21st.

Not gonna make the run, already have plans for a nice long day of football. But I'm in for a good cup of coffee and some bs'ing before you guys head out.