Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

North Bay Wheeling Trip 12/22

Old 12-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #121
Saratogian
DefyInertia is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
DefyInertia's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Jason and I were talking about getting up there soon, maybe even within the next week or so? (I'd have to confirm that with him... But it's an idea!)

Now that we known where we're going up there we could do some fun exploring.

Had even considered an overnighter (inspired by CMJ!) heading from Upper Lake north through the forest to Covelo.

Anybody interested feel free to chime in!
Feel free to join me and a couple if my friends this Thursday the 27th. We're heading up from SF early, heading in deep via some rough 4x4 roads (river crossings and such included), camping, and then exiting out the NW side toward Covelo...then out to the coast via some dirt/back roads for beach driving and one more night.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:41 PM   #123
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyInertia View Post
Feel free to join me and a couple if my friends this Thursday the 27th. We're heading up from SF early, heading in deep via some rough 4x4 roads (river crossings and such included), camping, and then exiting out the NW side toward Covelo...then out to the coast via some dirt/back roads for beach driving and one more night.
Let us know how it went, w/pics
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 PM   #124
Saratogian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Let us know how it went, w/pics
Went well. Hit one unexpected gate and had to double back but otherwise no issues and tons of good times. Tacoma handled everything no issues.

Did a giant loop in mendo NF and then had some fun out at the coast. Camped at 5,200 feet in a warm strip between high and low elevations which was perfect. Barely saw a soul the whole time and could not believe how dry it was...Upper Lake is so damn low.

The ice on elk mountain road at low elevations was horrible

Hull Mtn

Camp site first night (off the m1)

Love NorCal

Heading out on Sunday...hit Anderson Valley brewery on the way back
Old 01-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #125
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice! Great photos, looks like a fun time. It's amazing how dry it is up there! Felt like August and it was December! Is that Usal beach? And nice call on the AVBC. That's my hometown!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #126
Saratogian

You're from Boonville? That's awesome.

Yup, usal beach

Morning fog/frost in the low elevations...probably 20+ degree temp difference from where we were
Old 02-05-2014, 05:06 PM   #129
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Next week would work for me. I also have the 17th off for pres day... maybe that monday we could cruise up there?
Old 02-05-2014, 08:52 PM   #131
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for the 17th!
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #132
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
damn maybe ill have to try and see if i can get my new diffs with gears and lockers done by then
Old 02-06-2014, 08:18 AM   #134
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm... alright Anthony, you got an eye infection....

"eye just can't see coming into work on the 17th"
Old 02-06-2014, 08:29 AM   #135
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Hmmm... alright Anthony, you got an eye infection....

"eye just can't see coming into work on the 17th"
Perfect excuse!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM   #136
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmm, why dont you guys go set a date in my Norcal wheeling trip thread..........Im off that day too
Old 02-07-2014, 11:09 PM   #137
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
So nobody is going out tomorrow?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #138
Go Big or Go Home!!
I can't make it out tomorrow. I might be able to make it out sunday if anyone wants to go!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #139
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Oops, I posted in the wrong thread anyway.