Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

North Bay Wheeling Trip 12/22

Old 12-12-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
North Bay Wheeling Trip 12/22

Trip was a success overall. Had fun, got muddy, met some new TW friends, wheeled her hard, had a blast!

We didn't quite see as much snow as we had expected, as it turns out the road to Hull Mt is on a south facing slope, which puts it in direct sun. While there was plenty of snow in the shaded areas, the road up to hull was dry as a bone!

Took a few wrong turns on the way up, but eventually made it! Thanks to CMJ, stroM-, and TacomaTSP4 for pulling through and making today an awesome day on the hill! We'll be heading up there again soon for some more fun.

Here's my pics from the trip:

The lineup at Badass Coffee:
L-R
TacomaTSP4, CMJ, stroM-, Ortlie09, FFDawson

Gassin up!

Hittin the trail

stroM-

FFdawson

CMJ

TacomaTSP4

Found some Snow!

A few hours later, CMJ and I made it to the summit!

Found some more fun trails on the way down.

And a little more snow

All in all a helluva fun day. we'll be back for more sooner than later! Guys post up your pics when you get em!
Old 12-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Looking forward to it dude!
Old 12-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
sub'd. maybe
Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
Raceline08's Tacoma Gallery
Damn you! this is all sorts of good for me, and close too! Family friendly is real cool cause I got a 22 month old and a 21 week pregnant wife.
I like this idea, ill keep ya posted.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
I'm down for this! Can't wait to finish up with finals
Old 12-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Raceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRaceline08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4:12 am you posted. Damn your up early.
Well guess I'm usually among the living around 5am so guess its not that bad.

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 PM   #7
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Race line: I work nights! So 4:12am is actually "afternoon" in my eyes and heck yeah bring the kiddo + wifey! Congrats on the next one too brought my Lil one up with me last week, first trip to the snow. She loves my truck, passes out as soon as we hit dirt!

CMJ: sounds good, I'll put ya on the list!
Old 12-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #8

What kind of work do you do? I got to make sure I get all my christmas crap done and the 22nd is the last weekend before Christmas. The family and I are good to go other than that.

When you say recovery gear what do you mean? Tow straps, shovel , air compressor etc? I don't have a winch or anything like that though.

Which way were ya thinking of going? Through pillsbury? I know that way but not the lake county side? Any benefits to either way?

Thanks,

Brett
Old 12-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #9
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I may have a buddy with an xterra joining in but we'll see... His rig is in the shop getting its 4wd back right now!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:05 AM   #10

Is that the storm trooper x guy? With the Titan kit on it? I followed his build thread, pretty sweet!

Thanks,
Brett
Old 12-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #11

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Yeah it is. He is on the boards here because he use to have a tacoma. Sounds like he is confirmed. So you can toss him on the list... TacomaTSP4.

Here's his build, pretty cool: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/oth...r-x-build.html
Old 12-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #12
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Interested, But I might be busy that weekend doing christmas stuff with the extended family. Sub'd
Old 12-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #13
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Nice! Sounds like there's a good group interested!

Raceline: I work for San Francisco Fire Department on a Medic Ambulance. Might have a few buds from the station joining us. We'll see.

Not 100% sure on the planned route yet, I think we'll wait and see if there's any new snow, and then form up a firm plan. Anyone with experience up there feel few to chime in with suggestions, I'm by no means an expert.

As far as recovery goes, it'd be helpful if we had at least 1 truck with a winch, but shovels, straps, hard points are all necessary.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:51 PM   #16
Adventurer

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by License2Ill View Post
I was up there yesterday, and through the night. Bring chains!
Chains... Hmmm. Did you summit Hull? I've been up there a few times in the past weeks, but only at lower elevation. How were the conditions up on Hull?
Old 12-13-2013, 11:10 PM   #17
Proyota will become famous soon enoughProyota will become famous soon enough

Name: Brad
Proyota's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds Like a fun time. Put me down as a maybe... I'm attending a Company Christmas Party the night before so if we get home early enough for me to get up there in time I'll go!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #18
TRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDMEDIC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TRDMEDIC's Tacoma Gallery
Soooooo tempting. I need to get out!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #19
License2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shedLicense2Ill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
License2Ill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
Chains... Hmmm. Did you summit Hull? I've been up there a few times in the past weeks, but only at lower elevation. How were the conditions up on Hull?
Yes, all the way. Just that last steep part in the shady grove of trees near the top, that was the only issue. But it's been 60 days/10 at night so it's solid ice until 1pm. It's supposed to warm up through Wednesday so it might be decent by the time you guys are going.

I was coming down through Mendocino Pass (middle fork eel), taking jeep trails and it's pretty bad up there. Spent a whole night winching myself out of glacier ice.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #20
Go Big or Go Home!!
TacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud ofTacomaTSP4 has much to be proud of
Name: Travis
TacomaTSP4's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jason for adding me to the list and yes I'll be in the lone Nissan lol I got Xterra back last night so I now have my axle shafts back in and new abs wire do I have 4wd.

Maybe ill do a pre run tomorrow to see the conditions up there if any one is interested. I haven't been up there for a year.