Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Wheeling Trip on New Years Day 1/1/14

Old 12-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #21
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppert View Post
Here's the snipet from the forest service website... http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/eldora...telprdb5357470

Seasonal Closure
All dirt roads and trails are closed to motor vehicle use between January 1 and March 31. If roads or trails are wet and susceptible to damage then the Seasonal closure will go into effect early or run longer until they dry. This closure is intended to protect water quality and prevent rutting and damage to these roads and trails. Approximately 600 miles of paved and gravel roads are not affected by the closure. The Rock Creek area near Georgetown has its own seasonal closure policy and procedures.
Looks like this is the spot due to the closures.
Old 12-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12TRDTacoma View Post
Whoa... I want to know where this place is. If it is not too far from where I live or even past Sac I would definitely be down to break in the new year correctly to the truck! Too bad I won't have my full out suspension done by then, but even then my current one gets the jobs done pretty well.

Im on stock suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916TacoTruck View Post
I wanna go. I have family in town though. You guys think a 65 yr old grandma could hang?
Ugghh IDK man, depends how gangsta grandma is..lol

Quote:
83.3 miles. Not bad. I may just see you all there!
Where are you located?
Old 12-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #23
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Gold fields have plenty of room to shoot with a ton of hills to stop bullets. If we go out there I'll def be bringing a couple of my guns out and probably my 4 wheeler too.
So what's the plan?
Old 12-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #24
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Im meeting at my buddys house in west sac. not sure if thats out of the way for some of you but we could all caravan from there. He has a grill. Im bringing a few pounds of asada. maybe some beer. I have a canopy as well.

I wanted to take my sons quad too but his battery took a dump. Not sure if i will have time to pick one up
Old 12-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Truck just got off the boat tonight so I should have it at Brute Force in the morning. Not sure if I'll be in Petaluma or Alameda but I'm definitely ready to get some off road time in.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:45 PM   #26
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Im on stock suspension

Ugghh IDK man, depends how gangsta grandma is..lol

Where are you located?
I'm in Pittsburg, insanely close to Concord. Dude, your stock suspension is going to KILL it out there! Lol. This will be the last wheeling trip on my Bilstein 5100's as I am going full coilover here very shortly.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #28
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Damn!!! Lucky you!

U guys just wanna meet there since your a ways out?

Feel free to text me
916/534/3756
Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #29
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Why is Bruteforce so difficult to get a hold of?
If I was a betting man I'd put my money on Billy busting his ass to get projects done and out the door without much time for chatting. He's been pretty good about communication with me but I've also only e mailed him 3 or 4 times, hopefully he'll pick up the phone when I call tomorrow otherwise I'll just show up. He had the best time frame and price from all the bumpers I looked at plus a local small business? Yes sir! If you have something you want me to pass on let me know.

Ferny-I'll get a hold of you if I head up that way. I'm still not sure how New Years Eve is going to end...
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 AM   #31
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Ferny-I'll get a hold of you if I head up that way. I'm still not sure how New Years Eve is going to end...
Ugghhh, i know...me and the wifey decided to stay home, otherwise..no wheeling!! lol...An angry hungover wife on a bumpy road is not good...ask me how I know
Old 12-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #32
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
Ugghhh, i know...me and the wifey decided to stay home, otherwise..no wheeling!! lol...An angry hungover wife on a bumpy road is not good...ask me how I know

Rotfl. Lol. Lol. Lol. I hear ya there bro. I hope my wife dosnt drink to much tonite.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #33
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
LOL..YOLO!!! hahaa

Everyone be safe tonight!

Anybody else wanna bbq? Im bringing Asada, chile salsa, tortillas, and beer of course.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #34

Where are all of you meeting up when you get here? What time?
Old 12-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #35
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Im meeting my buddies at there house in west sac. trying to leave around 8:30-9

I dont know that area so im not sure where we are entering
Old 12-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #36
IbeamsFTW is on a distinguished road

IbeamsFTW's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also interested in a meeting place/time. I can taxi every one out to the gold fields, there is a back road from olivehurst. Or everyone can go threw marysville and up highway 20. Both take about the same amount of time, but the back road is much shorter distance. The back road is also very beat up and bumpy.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 PM   #37
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
whatever is clever! Im thinking we should be in the area before 10am if we leave west sac at 9 the latest
Old 12-31-2013, 12:16 PM   #38

I'd vote we should meet on the road to the Gold fields on the close (Marysville) side. Like IbeamsFTW said, it's pretty choppy for about 2 of the 5 miles to the trails, but you can dodge the potholes if you go slowly.

If you get off 70 at the Erle Rd Exit, make a right on Erle Rd. Left on Griffith Road for about a mile and a half. At the Second stop sign take a right on to Hammonton Smartville Rd and go about 4.5 miles and you'll see the entrance. There is a sign for Western Aggregates on the left. There's a wide open road right there to meet on.
Old 12-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
that sounds cool...Ill tell my buddy, im sure hes cool with that
Old 12-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #40
IbeamsFTW is on a distinguished road

IbeamsFTW's Tacoma Gallery
Wheeling Trip on New Years Day 1/1/14

Sounds good to me as well. The address to that gravel yard out there would probably be useful for those who are not so familiar.

And for the record, I do own a Tacoma. But I will be there in the jeep. Lol

Edit: will anyone be bringing .22 ammo? (Aka gold, apparently) I can't seem to find any, anywhere! And I would like to bring out my new pistol!