Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Easy and close trial to Modesto area

Old 12-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
CalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Easy and close trial to Modesto area

Does anyone know of a easy trail, mostly fire roads with a nice view?
I want to take the kids out somewhere.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
cherokeegarrett is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
cherokeegarrett's Tacoma Gallery
I suppose it depends on how "close" you mean. I used to live in modesto and spent alot of time wheeling and camping up hwy 120 and hwy 132. If you have time on a weekday stop by the summit ranger station and pick up an OHV map. As far as camping goes cherry lake is absolutely beautiful and so is the drive there(although the rim fire may have changed that).
Old 01-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #3
CalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of lightCalTacoma09 is a glorious beacon of light

thanks Garrett for the reply I will checkout the places you mention.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Highway 4 at the top has slick rock trail. Highway 4 and 88 have great trails as well.
check out www.dirtopia.com
Old 01-07-2014, 07:03 PM   #5
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey John If you are down for some wheeling I'll meet up with you sometime and take you to a local spot I go to (about an hour and half) away from Manteca. I'm located in Turlock so let me know bud.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:30 AM   #6

Dave,
That sounds like a plan, let me know when you are free and we can head out on some trails. My truck isn't that far from being stock right now. So something that isn't to crazy would be nice.

John
Old 01-08-2014, 05:29 PM   #7

Sounds good brother! my number is 858-603-8432 just let me know man no worries!