Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

MEET AND GREET FEELER for the 209

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
jvallin is on a distinguished road

EMS: Critical Care EMT
Name: joey
jvallin's Tacoma Gallery
Its all good, I appreciate the sympathy. Since that is going on on the 25th, why dont we shoot for the 1st.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #22
BeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeePee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BeePee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Cody, where do you live?
I'm up in Sonora, but head down to Modesto pretty often. Was just in Ceres on Friday night to pick up a new puppy!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #23
jvallin is on a distinguished road

EMS: Critical Care EMT
Name: joey
jvallin's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet. You are more than welcome to come!! I was just in sonora picking up a bed yesterday! lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeePee View Post
I'm up in Sonora, but head down to Modesto pretty often. Was just in Ceres on Friday night to pick up a new puppy!
Old 01-13-2014, 05:27 PM   #24
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Cody, I used to work in Sonora. I worked at Curtis Creek School 2 years ago (I'm a teacher). I have always wanted to check out some trails there but I never have. Where do you usually wheel? I've been going to La Grange a bunch. I love that place.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #25
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

And Joey, Feb. 1 sounds good. I'm down for either Turlock or Modesto. Lemme hit up (Clzay) and see if dude is down to join. He's got a 2nd gen tacoma and lives in Modesto.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:40 PM   #26

Any of you fellas want to roll out to La Grange on Fri. afternoon? I'm thinking about wheeling there before I head out of town for the weekend.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 AM   #27
CalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura aboutCalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
CalTacoma09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvallin View Post
Its all good, I appreciate the sympathy. Since that is going on on the 25th, why dont we shoot for the 1st.

Joey, the first sounds good.

Dave, I can't make it on Friday afternoon I am heading out of town on Friday. Let me know the next time you are going to head out there, I would like to check it out.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #28

Ok John for sure! I usually head out on the weekends there for a short day trip. It's about 30 miles from Turlock so from Manteca it's probably gonna be about 50 or so. It's tons of fun man I'll definitely show you around.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #29
cherokeegarrett is on a distinguished road

Name: Garrett
cherokeegarrett's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody looked into Frank Raines to see if its open. Closer than Hollister, waaay better than LaGrange.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #30

Frank Raines should be open! I will do some research and get back to you...I'm biased towards La Grange but I've never been to Frank Raines so what do I know . I'm down to do a meet up at Frank Raines for anybody else who's interested?!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #31

Also, Garrett, where you located buddy? I'm in Turlock
Old 01-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #32

Frank Raines Regional Park

Seasonal Restriction:

Off-Highway Vehicle Park is normally CLOSED for Fire Season from June to October, please call as dates vary.

Hours of Operation:

Campgrounds are open 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Off-Highway Vehicle Park opens Sunrise to Sundown/7 days a week.
(I just pulled this info off the web)
I'm almost positive it's open now.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:23 PM   #33
CalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura aboutCalTacoma09 has a spectacular aura about

Dave you still meeting your brother at Hollister this Saturday? If not maybe we could head out to frank Ranies.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:28 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Also, Garrett, where you located buddy? I'm in Turlock
I grew up in Modesto and Ceres, just moved to Reno about a year ago. Still have lots of friends and family in the Modesto area. Also used to belong to the Rockeaters 4wd club in Modesto. Depending on when this all goes down and where, I may come down to join.

La Grange is fun if you need to go somewhere quick and test out the latest mod to your truck but its fairly small and usually has a bunch of simple minded rednecks out there laughing at themselves breaking their fords and chevy's.
I prefer Frank Raines. Depending on where in the 209 you live it is usually closer but most people just don't know about it. It is basically built onto one side of the Del Puerto Canyon just outside of Patterson. Much bigger area, longer trails that actually have a rating system(blue squares, black diamonds) and it can get very technical if you want it to. Very dangerous as well. To me, it is basically the one hour drive alternative to Hollister. It also has a much better camping/lunch break area with trees for shade.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTacoma09 View Post
Dave you still meeting your brother at Hollister this Saturday? If not maybe we could head out to frank Ranies.
Hey John! You know what bud my plans totally changed...I was supposed to go camping in Santa Barbara last weekend but I was sick with the flu so I didn't go. My brother needs to install some manual locking hubs on his old school Montero also before he wheels his truck...long story short, no i'm not going to Hollister this weekend because I'm going camping in Santa Barbara. I'm down to check out Frank Raines next weekend though if you are free!? Frank Raines would be closer for you as well coming from Manteca
Old 01-22-2014, 05:14 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeegarrett View Post
I grew up in Modesto and Ceres, just moved to Reno about a year ago. Still have lots of friends and family in the Modesto area. Also used to belong to the Rockeaters 4wd club in Modesto. Depending on when this all goes down and where, I may come down to join.

La Grange is fun if you need to go somewhere quick and test out the latest mod to your truck but its fairly small and usually has a bunch of simple minded rednecks out there laughing at themselves breaking their fords and chevy's.
I prefer Frank Raines. Depending on where in the 209 you live it is usually closer but most people just don't know about it. It is basically built onto one side of the Del Puerto Canyon just outside of Patterson. Much bigger area, longer trails that actually have a rating system(blue squares, black diamonds) and it can get very technical if you want it to. Very dangerous as well. To me, it is basically the one hour drive alternative to Hollister. It also has a much better camping/lunch break area with trees for shade.
Right on brother! I totally agree about La Grange. Besides, I go early so I beat the red necks out there with full size Chevy's and Fords I'm down to check out Frank raines next time you come into town. You gonna be in town anytime soon?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM   #37

Anybody else possibly free next weekend for a wheeling trip and or meetup? I'm down for a Frank Raines meet and greet or even just a simple Starbucks hangout works for me as well. Lemme know what ya'll think. Joey, are you free next weekend?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #38

This weekend Im working on my truck and next I have friends coming into town, also super bowl weekend. I wanna come down soon. I'll post up when I do.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #39

I should be free next weekend on Saturday but like Garrett said it is Super Bowl weekend so Sunday I won't be free.

I will keep on eye on the post or you can pm me.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #40

Meh Super Bowl Sunday...No 49ers and No Chargers...Go Broncos!

Products Discussed in this Thread