Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Sacto Mod Day/Meet and Greet! Feb 22nd

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #41
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
By then I'll probably have bought a bunch of mini LED bars that I plan on wiring up in various out of sight locations. Particularly a set for backup. I'm thinking about doing some accent lighting on the bottom of the door so that when I open the door, I can see the ground below.

I love cheap mods, but I love doing electrical stuff more than anything.
I did my doors and foot wells in blue, yeah I dig that stuff too. Still have to do the rear doors and rear footwells.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #42
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
I did my doors and foot wells in blue, yeah I dig that stuff too. Still have to do the rear doors and rear footwells.
I want do that too eventually. I got some 6" LED light bars I want to wire up for aux. reverse lights/camping lights. I'll probably get those wired in and a front LED light bar as well if I have it before the meet.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:03 PM   #43
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
I want do that too eventually. I got some 6" LED light bars I want to wire up for aux. reverse lights/camping lights. I'll probably get those wired in and a front LED light bar as well if I have it before the meet.
Exactly what I'm doing
Old 01-09-2014, 04:45 PM   #44
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
I'm going to try to make this as a farewell to all the great friends I have made over the years on the Norcal region through this website. It has been made official and we will be moving to Raleigh, NC in a couple months. Not to mention that I dont even own a Toyota anymore..
Old 01-09-2014, 06:25 PM   #45
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
I'm going to try to make this as a farewell to all the great friends I have made over the years on the Norcal region through this website. It has been made official and we will be moving to Raleigh, NC in a couple months. Not to mention that I dont even own a Toyota anymore..
We'll totally miss you Seth, you've been awesome to TW Norcal, go show those Raleigh boys how we do it in Cali! If we don't see you, best wishes to you and your family buddy!
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #46
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
Chris, you can me. 99% sure I'll be there just to hang and harass Brian and Greg
Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #47
steezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteezinstangl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
steezinstangl's Tacoma Gallery
I might stop by since it's right up the road
Old 01-09-2014, 08:57 PM   #48
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
Chris, you can me. 99% sure I'll be there just to hang and harass Brian and Greg
Oh yeah, we gotta do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steezinstangl View Post
I might stop by since it's right up the road
That's why we're doin this, for all you local guys
Old 01-09-2014, 09:16 PM   #49
Banned
Quote:
Bring lots of wire and wire tubing, you know the black corregate stuff that the wire fits in to protect it? Bring zip ties too, don't have to be the biggest ones out there but the 8-10 inch ones should do, figure a bag of 25 should do the trick. Once we get the wires under the truck we're gonna want to zip tie it to the frame and anything else to hold it in place. You might want to do a temp wire jobbie on one of the lights, hook it straight up to your battery and figure out exactly where you want it to go in the dark before you bring it on mod day. Don't forget a relay and a harness plug to go with it, a 20 amp should do fine, that and figure out where you want the switch to go too. When I ran my KC's off the top rear of my shell, I ended up using something like 45feet of 2-core wire so if you get one 50ft roll of each color (say 16 or 14 GA), we should be fine.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:38 AM   #50
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
With all the wiring going on and a possible satoshi grill (how's that taste BTW? ), count me in as observer/assistant.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:54 AM   #51
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
With all the wiring going on and a possible satoshi grill (how's that taste BTW? ), count me in as observer/assistant.
Hey bud howya been?
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #53
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
All these electrical mods, if I end up coming out, I'll probably be installing rock lights
Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 AM   #54
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Bring lots of wire and wire tubing, you know the black corregate stuff that the wire fits in to protect it? Bring zip ties too, don't have to be the biggest ones out there but the 8-10 inch ones should do, figure a bag of 25 should do the trick. Once we get the wires under the truck we're gonna want to zip tie it to the frame and anything else to hold it in place. You might want to do a temp wire jobbie on one of the lights, hook it straight up to your battery and figure out exactly where you want it to go in the dark before you bring it on mod day. Don't forget a relay and a harness plug to go with it, a 20 amp should do fine, that and figure out where you want the switch to go too. When I ran my KC's off the top rear of my shell, I ended up using something like 45feet of 2-core wire so if you get one 50ft roll of each color (say 16 or 14 GA), we should be fine.
Sounds good. I'll be sure to get the wire and such. A 20amp relay should be good you said, right? I'm thinking of placing the lights under my rear bumper or the top rear of my shell like you did. I have a lot of blank plates on my dash where factory switches would go so I'm thinking the switch would go there.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #55
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4RunnerSeth View Post
Well, we will definitely miss you here in the Sacramento area. Congratulations on the job in Raleigh though. I think you will have a good time out there.

I'll be there although I am not sure what I'll have to do. I still have a lot of electrical stuff lying around
Old 01-10-2014, 03:21 PM   #56
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Depending on work I might make the trip over. I need to get these expo leafs installed along with my uca's

edit: first post said probably no lifts, might just come help out.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #57
Banned
Quote:
Sounds good. I'll be sure to get the wire and such. A 20amp relay should be good you said, right? I'm thinking of placing the lights under my rear bumper or the top rear of my shell like you did. I have a lot of blank plates on my dash where factory switches would go so I'm thinking the switch would go there.
Which lights do you have? The 6 inch blitzpros? What's the amp draw on those?
Old 01-10-2014, 03:33 PM   #58
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
Depending on work I might make the trip over. I need to get these expo leafs installed along with my uca's

edit: first post said probably no lifts, might just come help out.
Yeah, lifts are better done with air tools and a proper shop which we don't have. Usually the big lifts are done at Jerry's on his mod days. I think we're gonna keep it to lighter stuff this time around
Old 01-10-2014, 03:34 PM   #59
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Which lights do you have? The 6 inch blitzpros? What's the amp draw on those?
Yeah, the 6" blitzpros. Not sure on the amp draw. I'll find out when I get home. I'll have a front light bar to install too if I can swing buying it before the meet up.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #60
Banned
Quote:
Yeah, the 6" blitzpros. Not sure on the amp draw. I'll find out when I get home. I'll have a front light bar to install too if I can swing buying it before the meet up.
The same two I have inside my shell, I think I wired them with 14 ga IIRC and yeah a 20 amp relay should be plenty

Products Discussed in this Thread