Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Sacto Mod Day/Meet and Greet! Feb 22nd

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #121
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
Where can I get the 20A relay I need to wire in my LED light bars? I went to an auto parts store today and the guy at the counter told me he needed to know the type of relay needed and what vehicle it goes to. Is there a generic 20A relay can I buy? Is there a certain one you guys use for your lights?

A relay is a relay. Unless its AC, which you shouldn't be finding in an automotive store.... anything will work.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:56 PM   #122
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
A relay is a relay. Unless its AC, which you shouldn't be finding in an automotive store.... anything will work.
That's what I thought. I just think the guy behind the counter wasn't that smart; and I'm new to auto wiring/light installs.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:57 PM   #123
Bah Humshit!
brian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrian is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Work and Fly on the Four Fans of Freedom
brian's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to brian
4 posts to a relay. if it doesn't have those 4 posts, its not a relay.... LoL

power in, power out, control in, control ground.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:23 PM   #124
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anyone know if my 2013 is supposed to use conventional or synthetic oil?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:20 PM   #125
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
So I realized I don't need to hack my turn signal wiring.. just need to re-route them and hack up my running light housings! Doesn't seem to bad.,. I'll be able to tackle it within a day.............

Someday! Lol
Old 01-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #126
trdoffroad13 is on a distinguished road

Name: eric
trdoffroad13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anyone know if my 2013 is supposed to use conventional or synthetic oil?

dealer calls for conventional oil. Every 5k
Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #127
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah funny thing about that. I didn't know it called fir an oil change every 5k, I was getting it done every 3k until one day I went in and the person at the desk told me not to come back until 5k this time. I had them put synthetic in but she said it was always suppose to be 5k...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #129
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdoffroad13 View Post
dealer calls for conventional oil. Every 5k
I knew about the 5k interval but was unsure about conventional vs synthetic. The mechanic at work told me that I should've had them fill it with synthetic when I took it in. Would it be bad to run synthetic oil? Just curious.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:29 AM   #130
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
No harm in running it, but it would be a waste of money.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:01 PM   #131
Motherfucking Wizard

OK. I wouldn't be paying for it, but I'd run it if there was a benefit. But there isn't so I'll stick to conventional. What brand of oil do y'alls use?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:03 PM   #132
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Cant you get more miles out of synthetic vs conventional.thats the only benefit that i know of. Other then its sa post to be better. But im not all that sure it is but im no lube expert.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:18 PM   #133
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

There is a few good threads on here about oil.I put in castrol full syn last sat before that i just took it to a lube shop. So far it seems she likes it. Lol i only went synt because i dont like changing oil so the less i have to the better and doing myself it cost the same as reg oil at a shop.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 PM   #134

Walmart is the cheapest place i found to buy your oil even though i hate that place.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:41 PM   #135
Motherfucking Wizard

Either my mechanic at work does my oil changes or if I'm on the road and can't get to him I take it into a lube shop and have it done there. I had conventional oil put in last time. My mechanic said to switch over to Mobil 1 synthetic starting with my next oil change. I have at least one oil change done a month since I drive 4-6k miles a month.
Old 01-21-2014, 09:24 PM   #136

Quote:
Either my mechanic at work does my oil changes or if I'm on the road and can't get to him I take it into a lube shop and have it done there. I had conventional oil put in last time. My mechanic said to switch over to Mobil 1 synthetic starting with my next oil change. I have at least one oil change done a month since I drive 4-6k miles a month.
I know how that is I use to work in the bay area and drive there every day.There is an lubricant engineer on one of the forms in here that said that's what he uses.Must be good stuff.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #137
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
YUP, walmart is the cheapest place for oil.....I actually run there Walmart brand full synthetic............On my CRV........ NOT THE TACOMA!!!! lol

Whats your thoughts on that cheap brand stuff? Its been ok on the Honda. I dont mind spending a few extra bucks on oil for the Tacoma
Old 01-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #138

I wander who really makes it. They just slap there name on it.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:25 PM   #139
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
YIKES!!! haha
Old 01-22-2014, 02:19 PM   #140

Sacto Mod Day/Meet and Greet! Feb 22nd

No i think its not a bad thing it could be made by a top brand just a different label.there is only a few oil producers out there.have you looked at the label to see were its manufactured? Im kinda curious now. Just like toyota's oil is Pennzoil. I think. Don't quote me.

Products Discussed in this Thread