Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

2005 SR5 pre-runner $9000 OBO

Old 01-13-2014, 12:18 AM   #1
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
2005 SR5 pre-runner $9000 OBO

Hey guys,

I put my Tacoma up on Craigslist a month ago and have been getting sketchy responses. I'm posting it here hoping for better luck. Any questions feel free to PM or respond the the craigslist add.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4270622104.html

2005 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
170,000 miles
Smogged
Registered

I am a motivated seller. I'm a currently a student and do not need this vehicle anymore. It was a great truck for me but it is time to let it go.

It has a great sound system with an Ipod connector. It has the Pre-Runner package including the locking differential. I replaced the normal tires with all terrain Kumho tires that have about 70% tread left on them. I have taken this truck up to the snow a couple of times. It has a soft shell on the back that keeps cargo dry and is easy to take off. The performance upgrades I have done are: intake, exhaust, and short shifter. It also has HID headlights. Normal wear and tear on interior and exterior. I have all the stock parts; head lights, rear sway bar, intake, engine cover.

Known issue: the Cam Shaft Sensor is broken and the estimate is $1700 in repairs.

The truck is priced to move. Call or email me.

Old 01-13-2014, 01:24 AM   #2
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Rear sway?
Any issues with the trans/short throw?
Old 01-14-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
rlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shedrlotti is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rlotti's Tacoma Gallery
I disconnected the rear sway bar. Transmission and short throw are fine, the shop that quoted me for the work of the new cam and cam shaft sensor advised that replace the clutch as well.
Old 01-14-2014, 11:26 AM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
I would spend the time to reinstall the sway, replace the rear brake lights with oem looking units and buff out the headlights. If you have the OEM headlights, sell the HIDs on TW and replace them with the stock ones.

As far as the broken camshaft position sensor, I would just replace it, though it is behind the timing cover IIRC. It should be a ~$125 dollar part. If the clutch grabs fine, there's no reason to mention it. You could note that it's the original clutch that came w/ the truck, though that is a bit of miles on the original clutch.

If you're getting sketchy offers, it's because your truck looks sketchy. The more stock your truck looks and the cleaner it is, the more responses from non-sketch potential buyers.
Old 01-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #5
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
It passed smog with a broken cam-shaft sensor? and non-stock intake? Thats hard to believe. Is the CEL on? All that would scare me off from even looking at it. Great price, though.