Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Lake Hawley Trail run

Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM   #21
CaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaliAsh is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired
Name: Jesse
CaliAsh's Tacoma Gallery
I had a good time last year. I didn't let too much get to me and treated it more like an adventure

I felt bad for the older gentleman in the dodge and the guy in the black FJ that was trying to keep us together.

It was great to meet up with the Reno area folks. Good group of guys to spend the day with.

I really want to do this again but I can't commit right now. We'll see how things work out between now and then.

Oh, and make sure everyone has extra set of tire plugs for Nathan
Old 01-16-2014, 06:23 PM   #22
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAsh View Post
I had a good time last year. I didn't let too much get to me and treated it more like an adventure

I felt bad for the older gentleman in the dodge and the guy in the black FJ that was trying to keep us together.

It was great to meet up with the Reno area folks. Good group of guys to spend the day with.

I really want to do this again but I can't commit right now. We'll see how things work out between now and then.

Oh, and make sure everyone has extra set of tire plugs for Nathan
Haha! Hoping to have MTs on by then, but knowing my luck ... Lol
Old 01-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #23
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooman View Post
I can do the second. That far out is completely open for me. One of the years i want to get an inbound trip. I think getting a camper on their first trip in would be awesome. Also, if anyone wants to help, but can't make the dates we decide on, they always need people for the last run out.
Honestly, inbound sounds awesome too, but I remember them saying that the hills angels usually nail those down early, but we can try?
Old 01-16-2014, 06:42 PM   #24
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Nirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shedNirvana is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Snipe
Name: Kris
Nirvana's Tacoma Gallery
How far ahead do they need a commitment? I'm down but that's REALLY far out to make any plans for me. Bump or even PM when it gets closer and I'll see what the deal is at work.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #25
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
How far ahead do they need a commitment? I'm down but that's REALLY far out to make any plans for me. Bump or even PM when it gets closer and I'll see what the deal is at work.
We had guys jumping in the day before we left. Give as much as you can, but there isn't really a deadline.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM   #26
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
Hey Kris, if it works out, we can caravan from the Bay
Old 01-16-2014, 11:24 PM   #27
nagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shednagorb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nagorb's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for any of the Saturday trips, Sunday would be difficult for me.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:48 PM   #28
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
I may be able to do this, but it depends on where I am in the world...
Old 01-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Is this camp open to everyone if so i think my son could benifit from this hes 10. Send me so more info on it.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM   #30
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
Is this camp open to everyone if so i think my son could benifit from this hes 10. Send me so more info on it.
I'm not super sure on the details of kids at the camp. Here is a link to his website.
http://www.wamplerfoundation.org/
Old 01-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
They are based out of Sac, so if your son has a disability, definitely hit them up! They have a blast!
Old 01-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
No he doesn't have a disability that stops him both front arms the two bones in his forearm are fused together so he cant turn his wrist like normal.but he plays baseball still just has a hard time with grounders.i wouldn't want to take a spot from a kid that really needs this program.looks like a cool program i hope i can help out just cant commit yet we have vacation planned around those dates
Old 03-12-2014, 11:09 PM   #33
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe we should do either of the middle dates so we don't have to lug all of their stuff lol . Or.. I really don't mind. Do they typically bring a lot of stuff?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:46 PM   #34
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Maybe we should do either of the middle dates so we don't have to lug all of their stuff lol . Or.. I really don't mind. Do they typically bring a lot of stuff?
That's what you got a pick-up truck for, right?

Edit: And I'll definitely be out of the country for this, so I won't be able to help out anymore.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:27 AM   #35
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
No, they don't have a bunch of stuff. Last year we got lost on the way in so by the time we got there, there wasn't anything left to load. I only had a camper and a counselor, no gear.
Now that I am awake, I will edit this. The first year I did this I was in a 1 ton dodge diesel. They called me the pack mule. I had stuff piled higher than the cab. Tons of bungee straps holding everything down. But I made it out without losing anything haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92shawman View Post
That's what you got a pick-up truck for, right?

Edit: And I'll definitely be out of the country for this, so I won't be able to help out anymore.
That's too bad. Maybe next year.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #36
808sailor is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
808sailor's Tacoma Gallery
I will be out at sea for this but good on you guys for doing this, I used to do something similar back in Hawaii but through the Boy Scouts and the local Search and Rescue unit. Wish i could make this.....
Old 03-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #37
I'm your huckleberry

So are we going to try to get in on the middle outbound? The second?
Has anyone emailed Jenny?
Old 03-13-2014, 01:28 PM   #38

I haven't emailed anything, don't know what the plan is
Old 03-13-2014, 01:29 PM   #39

But I can... Just need a firm commitment from all who says they're going.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #40
I'm your huckleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
I haven't emailed anything, don't know what the plan is
I started an email this morning, and then thought I should see what everyone else is doing. First trip outbound sounds good to me like we mentioned. August 2.