Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Lake Hawley Trail run

Old 01-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Lake Hawley Trail run

Again this year the kids need help. I want to preface this by thanking the guys that were able to help last year. Jesse, Angel, Nathan, and Jerry, huge thanks. So heres the deal and dates for this year. I havent committed to anything yet. I was going to see what the concensus was here before I did.

Quote:
It's time to round up the rigs and haul some kids to camp. Notice is given early so those interested may properly plan their wheeling schedules.

This is an opportunity to offer your time, talent, and rigs to help put smiles on the faces of those less fortunate than us - some disabled kids. Camp WAMP (rhymes with stomp) is looking for volunteer drivers with a 4x4 willing to transport kids and their wheelchairs and gear plus counselors and their gear on an hour and a half trek to or from camp in the High Sierra. The campsite is a bit remote so you need a capable 4x4 with a little clearance and low range.

The dates for the treks are as follows:
July 26, Saturday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
August 2, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.
August 3, Sunday at 11:45 am Graeagle Community Church - inbound.
August 9, Saturday at 10 am at Hawley Lake - outbound.

If you would like to participate, please have space available in your rig for at least 1 camper and 1 counselor and some gear. We would like to make sure that everyone that participates has a great time, so we are asking for a little cooperation and a little information beforehand so we can plan. If you really want a camper in your rig, just say so and we will try our hardest to make it happen, especially for the first-timers. If you have been one of the very valued transporters in the past, maybe you can reach back in your memory banks to remember the special feeling from those huge smiles to make sure a newbie has the same experience.

Now for the tough part. We need space for 47 campers and counselors and their stuff on the opening inbound trip, July 26 and the closing outbound trip, August 9. All of the people and gear go in or come out on those days. The in between days, August 2 and 3 are a little lighter since some of the counselors will stay in camp over the weekend.

I know it seems like a lot to ask for a commitment for a volunteer outing, but these kids need us and our rigs to get them to and from camp. The payoff is huge. These kids get such a big kick out of being like regular kids on an off-road adventure. The smiles you put on their faces will stay with you forever.

Interested? please directly contact for Qs or RSVP. Before and after run camping opportunities widely available in the Lakes Basin Recreation Area. Now do it.

Jenny with Diablo 4 Wheelers @

jenny_ward@att.net
And here is a link to last years thread.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ng-august.html

We need a pic for the homepage. Last year's group.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #2
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-15-2014, 06:53 PM   #3
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Got the email too. And yeah, I'm in .
Old 01-15-2014, 06:55 PM   #4
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It would be awesome if we can get enough tacos to go, that way we don't get stuck with the cruisers. They sure did like playing the blame game.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:03 PM   #5
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah, some of those guys were real turds.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #6
gjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud ofgjacobsjr has much to be proud of

Air Force: 1st Recon Squadron
Name: Jerry
gjacobsjr's Tacoma Gallery
Oh you meant premadonna look at my toy FJ because I get lost even with all this navigation crap, dickheads! I'm down again pending on how much grief the wife will give me. The baby will be about a month old.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown98Yota View Post
If I can time it between school and Army. I'm in! Seems like an awesome event!
You still have your jump seats in the rear right? Lol
Old 01-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjacobsjr View Post
Oh you meant premadonna look at my toy FJ because I get lost even with all this navigation crap, dickheads! I'm down again pending on how much grief the wife will give me. The baby will be about a month old.
Yes those guys and I'm sure your wife will cut you loose for a day.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

I thought your baby was due in May? That's still only 2-3 months I guess, plus its only a day. And its a great cause! Ideas on dates? I'm not sure when the Reno 4x4 group goes.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #11
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a great opportunity but it's a little early to commit. When is the cut off date?
Old 01-15-2014, 10:08 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
Hope you guys have more fun this time around. Wish I could be there!
It's going to be a bummer not having you along!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:09 PM   #14
Whiskey Throttle FTW!
NoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoTown98Yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 485th MP Company
Name: Scott
NoTown98Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction120 View Post
You still have your jump seats in the rear right? Lol
haha ya, I'll have to mount the .50 cal to the shell, make things interesting!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
This sounds like a great opportunity but it's a little early to commit. When is the cut off date?
I'm pretty sure there is no cut off specifically, but I think we came to a consensus Last year http we should try to get a day with mostly tacos. As you can tell we did not have the greatest experience with the cruisers. It was a lot of fun though. I say we try and get the first outbound trip.. My $.02

The younger kids have more fun they said.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoTown98Yota View Post
haha ya, I'll have to mount the .50 cal to the shell, make things interesting!
Baha, we'll save that for another trip!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:16 PM   #17

Yeah my votes for the 2nd
Old 01-15-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Ok well if you guys can figure out which one, I'll see if I can make it. I don't work during the summer months, but I take a bunch of trips. So hopefully I can make it work.

I'll keep checking back on this thread
Old 01-16-2014, 05:39 AM   #19
Mall Krawler
coppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoppert is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Travis
coppert's Tacoma Gallery
I'm interested in helping out, I could do either the 26th or the 9th. But will know for sure as dates get closer.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #20
I'm your huckleberry

I can do the second. That far out is completely open for me. One of the years i want to get an inbound trip. I think getting a camper on their first trip in would be awesome. Also, if anyone wants to help, but can't make the dates we decide on, they always need people for the last run out.