Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

2014 Norcal Wheeling Trip Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #41
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
2014 Norcal Wheeling Trip Thread

No I literally just have lift, wheels, tires, cb radio, tools, and some extra fluids maybe I'll come and hold everyone back, that would be fun... For me
Old 01-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #42
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, my bad, ment to say Jason......Im so out of it today. haha

yea man, all you need is a tranny and t-case skid and you should be set! your truck amazes me man...im a lil jealous..lol
Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 PM   #43
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
No I literally just have lift, wheels, tires, cb radio, tools, and some extra fluids maybe I'll come and hold everyone back, that would be fun... For me
plenty capable bro! i wouldnt drag you along if i didnt think you wouldnt be ok
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #44
CALI TACOMA is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: kevin
CALI TACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
wheeling

To bad I dident see this sooner. If you'r planning any more trips let me know I would be down to go.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #45

I'm down for some camping trips too. Crazy how nice the weather is right now.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:20 PM   #46
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Same here bro! Im hoping to go to slickrock this year on the annual trip that TW does
Old 01-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #49
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Me too bro, I wanna wheel in the snow again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
When is slick rock?
they usually do it in August. Wife is gonna be super prego, but me and my son can sneak away for a day or 2
Old 01-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #50
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When is slick rock?
Lets wheel it this weekend! we might even have snow on the ground.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #51
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Superbowl man!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:05 PM   #52
Mud Slinger

Marines:
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just may be game! I do wanna watch the superbowl, but really, my niners aint playing so its whatever to me!!

I have work Saturday, So sunday would work for me!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:09 PM   #53
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmmm...I do wanna run slickrock again, but I'm not sure if it'll be possible for me if there's any moisture...
Old 01-27-2014, 01:17 PM   #54
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
I went yesterday in my stock as hell 2013 SR5 4x4. I have no lift, wheels, tires, cb radio, or anything like that. I only had a shovel, axe, and a few tools yesterday and I did just fine.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
I went yesterday in my stock as hell 2013 SR5 4x4. I have no lift, wheels, tires, cb radio, or anything like that. I only had a shovel, axe, and a few tools yesterday and I did just fine.

Awesome. I'm probably a go next time. Talked to wife... Anyone bring their doggies?
Old 01-27-2014, 01:22 PM   #56
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah Fernando had his dog out with us yesterday.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:29 PM   #57
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Hmm.could this be done with no skids?I've never been there.. Adding snow would really make it interesting.If it snows i might go snowboarding but if its a weak storm. I will wait.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #58
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm.could this be done with no skids?I've never been there.. Adding snow would really make it interesting.If it snows i might go snowboarding but if its a weak storm. I will wait.
You'd probably be fine. Here are some pics on this page and the next few pages from a 2012 run: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ry-pass-5.html
There's also a gopro video on page 7 or something.
I did it stock height (maybe even lower because of my sagging springs) with 31" tires and just my stock skids (a little beefier than modern skids) and deformed my carrier bearing skid from a rock, but I was able to pop that off and re-form it later, so that was fine.
Old 01-27-2014, 01:59 PM   #60
CALI TACOMA is on a distinguished road
EMS:
Name: kevin
CALI TACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
If you plan a trip this weekend shoot me a text 3848943 I would like to get out of the city this weekend.