Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Nor Cal MTB and BS Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:12 AM   #41
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
I'd love to, but I sprained my MCL skiing last week. Ski season is over, and I won't be pedaling for a couple weeks. :/

Trying to not wheel anymore until my sliders come in anyway. My 5kmi truck looks like a 50kmi truck right now. Needs moar armor.
The wheeling is pretty tame out there.. I never hit my sliders or skids. Some of the trails are a little steep but completely passable in a stock truck.

Join us! I'd love to hear about the U2 and A10 at the campfire!
Old 03-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #42
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
The wheeling is pretty tame out there.. I never hit my sliders or skids. Some of the trails are a little steep but completely passable in a stock truck.

Join us! I'd love to hear about the U2 and A10 at the campfire!
...The second part of that is my kid's birthday party is on Sunday.

I'd be down for another trip like this in April for sure! The one thing that has been holding me back from going to MNF is the drive, but it wouldn't be bad at all if I was camping. My wife has been bugging me to take her camping anyway.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #43
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Here are my bikes. Ill bring the Kona this weekend. It wieghs less than 30 pounds with 5 inches if air travel front and back. I can lock out the front and back which is one of my favorite features. Its a great all mountain bike. The bottom bike is my 29ner. Its just for climbing... Both of my bike have hydraulic disc brakes because once you have them you can go back.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:53 AM   #44
mgfab3 is on a distinguished road
mgfab3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Here are my bikes. Ill bring the Kona this weekend. It wieghs less than 30 pounds with 5 inches if air travel front and back. I can lock out the front and back which is one of my favorite features. Its a great all mountain bike. The bottom bike is my 29ner. Its just for climbing... Both of my bike have hydraulic disc brakes because once you have them you can go back.

How do like that Motobecane? I was thinking about getting the full suspension version of that.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:07 AM   #45
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgfab3 View Post
How do like that Motobecane? I was thinking about getting the full suspension version of that.
Its a great climbing bike. Not to heavy and it does well. I don’t know how their full suspension would ride. There are many different geometry styles for full suspension. Try a few at your local bike shop and pick ones that you like before you order a full suspension. Also make sure you can lock out the back for climbing. It makes a big difference.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:50 AM   #46
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
If the destination wasn't a 4 hour drive, I'd be in. If the next trip is closer, I'm in.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #47
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
Here be my cycle
Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM   #48
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ nice ride!

I put in more time at the jumps behind my house today. Dirt jumping on a DH bike is not easy. It is however allowing me to get familiar with how the bike handles in the air.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:47 PM   #49

Any pics from the Mt Hull trip this weekend?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #50
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizower View Post
Any pics from the Mt Hull trip this weekend?
I'll do ya one better...
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/355312/

There's some pics up over in the NorCal wheeling thread, but mostly truck related, bike stuff to follow. I know my buddy who out together the video has about 4 hours of footage to sift through, so there will be some more fun stuff. Plus all Chris' photos have yet to surface... Stay tuned.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #51
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
I'll do ya one better...
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/355312/

There's some pics up over in the NorCal wheeling thread, but mostly truck related, bike stuff to follow. I know my buddy who out together the video has about 4 hours of footage to sift through, so there will be some more fun stuff. Plus all Chris' photos have yet to surface... Stay tuned.
Dope video! I'm in for the next trip!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #52
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
That video got my heart pumping i hope i can still hang with you young bucks. Im going to have to dust off my old gear and do some DH.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #53

I'm really itching to ride now too. Ski season was trash. Time to move on.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #54
The older the bear, the sweeter the juice
DangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really nice
Name: Max
DangerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So since the suns been out and its getting warmer, its time to get my fatass back on a bike and lose some weight.
All ive got right now is a Haro BMX and you know how much fun that is to ride 15+ miles.

Need suggestions on what bikes to check out, thinkin something Specialized, maybe a Hybrid or Mountain.
Gonna be checkin out shops this weekend.
I was hoping to keep it <700
Old 03-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #55
wtf am i reading
Razgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazgriz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Razgriz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
So since the suns been out and its getting warmer, its time to get my fatass back on a bike and lose some weight.
All ive got right now is a Haro BMX and you know how much fun that is to ride 15+ miles.

Need suggestions on what bikes to check out, thinkin something Specialized, maybe a Hybrid or Mountain.
Gonna be checkin out shops this weekend.
I was hoping to keep it <700
I might have a bike i can sell you.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #56
DangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really niceDangerTaco is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriz View Post
I might have a bike i can sell you.
Lol text me fool
Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #57

1. Specialized is the devil. They are lawsuit happy.

2. I'm selling a Felt hardtail. Nothing special. But it's decent.

3. Razgriz... Is your username an Ace Combat reference?
Old 03-22-2014, 09:11 AM   #59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffdawson View Post
U ride 15 miles on a bmx and YOU WILL lose some damn weight!

Check out pinkbike classifieds... Can be a gold mine
Lol but its not as fun as on a mountain bike, specially since it doesnt have brakes lul

@brizower:
Yeah i dont need anything fancy, but i am liking the hybrid bikes i was checking out last weekend at the Talbots Cyclery in San Mateo.

I need to get measured up properly, one guy there was saying i should get a "Large" frame?
Iono, im 5'9" so im not sure.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #60
Motherfucking Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerTaco View Post
Iono, im 5'9" so im not sure.
I'm 5'7" and ride a medium frame. The easiest way to tell if a medium frame is too small for you is to sit on the seat (with it adjusted properly) and while pedaling, turn the handle bars side to side and see if they come in contact with your knees at all. I feel that a medium frame is too big for me at times but the pedaling while sitting test always proves a small frame is just too small.