Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Nor Cal MTB and BS Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #1
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery

On the recommendation of another member on here, I decided to start a Nor Cal MTB (mountain bike) thread. I ride fairly regularly and have a buddy (not on the site) that I ride with too. We do trail riding, downhill riding, and a bit of skate park/dirt jump riding as well.
Anybody else on here into MTB riding? I'd like to find people to ride with and get some TW trips together that involve MTB ridig. Post up on here and let's see some pics of your bikes too!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
A loooooong time ago I tried to literally ride around Lake Tahoe. Got about a third of the way when at one point I was forced into the road way where there were no bike lanes. Got buzzed by a car so close that it freaked me out and I could not continue. I "limped" all the way back to the cabin.

Oh and here's some of my bikes

Old 02-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Dammm girl!!! Did you rob a bike shop.you are hard core.lol i thought i had a lot of bikes with my family of three.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:31 PM   #4
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That's just in the bike room. I have more in the garage and in storage.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Nice moots in there! I tend to ride trails these days... used to be in to racing slalom and downhill.

I'm up for for a downieville MTB/4x4 trip in the summer!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:43 PM   #6
dirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to beholddirtfondler is a splendid one to behold
dirtfondler's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, Mtb is just another of my hobbies. I wont say I am quick anymore, but I still ride 2 times a week pretty regularly. Lots of Demo and UCSC trails.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #7
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
A loooooong time ago I tried to literally ride around Lake Tahoe. Got about a third of the way when at one point I was forced into the road way where there were no bike lanes. Got buzzed by a car so close that it freaked me out and I could not continue. I "limped" all the way back to the cabin.

Oh and here's some of my bikes

Not sure if it's my computer, but I can't see your pic
Old 02-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #8
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I wana do sly park. Its about 9 miles around the lake..pretty easy. Wife and I hiked around the whole lake one year. took us like 5 hours..lol..
Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

Name: Andrew
foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
I love mountain biking like parents love their children. Hopefully going to find a small enduro series this summer in the Tahoe area if one exists.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #10
foxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to allfoxhead is a name known to all

foxhead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Nice moots in there! I tend to ride trails these days... used to be in to racing slalom and downhill.

Oh hey coach
Old 02-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
That's just in the bike room. I have more in the garage and in storage.

Why so many? Is it like shoes you need a matching one for your outfit.lol jk
Old 02-13-2014, 02:26 PM   #12

There are two classics (one is not pictured). The light teal green Centurion is in fantastic condition, it was bought and ridden a couple of times and then hung in the garage for over 30 years. I got that for 20 bucks. The other classic (in storage) is a Trek and that was sent to me from Michigan as a project for me to focus on when I was ill. The mtbs - Two of them are dually, The red Gary Fisher Cake DLX and the dark blue Kona Dawg Deluxe. The Kona is a little more beefier, so they both have their applications. The tan hardtail Kona is...my hardtail. The silver Trek is the one that I use for bike paths when the kids were little, that is my pack horse, hence the bag on the back of it. The black Kona hybrid is my go to for everything bike, it's the first one I grab to do errands or for a quick workout. The plain silver Marin hybrid is the bike I loan out to my friends who need a bike to borrow. Otherwise known as my thrasher bike. That one I dont' care about as much.

The Moots... the roadie in the front with the red handlebars...well... that's a very special bike. My mom sent money to my nephew (we have a bike shop) and told him to build my dream bike. I flew to Colorado to have a two hour fitting so they would cut and build my frame to specs. It took 12 weeks to MAKE it but the sad thing is that the bike arrived after her death. It's named after her. ANGELILY Moots. Because my mom Lily is my Angel. <3

The other bikes have their stories as well but that's for another time.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #14
808sailor is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
808sailor's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys! I try to get out and ride whenever I can, pretty new to the area so Ive only done Tamarancho, China Camp, and Pacifica. Riding a Santa Cruz Nomad.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #15
yaapp is on a distinguished road
yaapp's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, I live in Pacifica and Montara is in my backyard. It's nice to go "Oh, there's too many people, I think I'll just go home now"
Old 02-15-2014, 10:05 AM   #16
808sailor is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
808sailor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaapp View Post
Lol, I live in Pacifica and Montara is in my backyard. It's nice to go "Oh, there's too many people, I think I'll just go home now"
Well in the future if theres a red 1st gen runner with a funny lookin ginger kid in it, come say hi
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #17
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I mountain biked alot a couple years ago back in college at sonoma state. Bought a kona tanuki full suspension and rode at anadel statepark twice a week. Then I moved to the east bay. The mountain biking sucked. Bought a carbon road bike a did a few races. Now I ride my road bike like once a month. I just got a hard tail 29ner and im going to start riding the boring fire trails in the east bay to get back in shape.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #18
WUT?
thegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shedthegame is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thegame's Tacoma Gallery
Just picked this up a few weeks ago. Can't wait to explore more single track the bay area has to offer
Attached Thumbnails
Nor Cal MTB and BS Thread-gianttrance.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 02:45 AM   #19
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of any trails within an hour or so of Yuba City? I've been to Downieville 2x now and loved it, but I'm looking for something a little closer to home for shorter trips.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:04 AM   #20
Adventurer
ffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shedffdawson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
ffdawson's Tacoma Gallery
Good call on this thread, I've been in the general MTB thread here, but it sure makes more sense to have a local one.

I'm a pretty avid rider, mostly DH, Freeride, Dirt Jumps. Single track is fun, as long as it's downhill anything with jumps, drops, berms and gravity fed, not a big fan of pedaling!

Currently riding a Trek Scratch 8 as my main steed.

Other ponies in the stable include a Kona Stuff hardtail Dj, a DK 8pak Bmx, a 1950's Schwinn Beach Cruiser, a no name beach cruiser decked out in bomber gear (Bmx bars and stem, 3 peice cranks, maxxis knobbies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post

So F-Ing down. Here's a pic from my last trip up there in nov. I'm on the left.