1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where to buy metal

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by Lil'Taco, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Mar 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    I'm starting up a couple projects with my new welder and need to know of a couple good places to buy metal from in the area. The closer to Vacaville the better if not Sacramento area would be better then driving across any bridges for me. I'd like to buy US made metal if possible but anything is fine.

2. Mar 6, 2014 at 8:41 AM
    johnboyTRD

johnboyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    South SF bay
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Double Cab TRD
    Full ome lift, nitro charger sports all 4 corners (rear shocks relocated), Dakar pack w/ AAL, 882 coils, diff drop, toytec 1" shackles, trail gear low profile front bumper, Tuff Stuff winch, bamf sliders, RAT skids, BAMF Bed Rack, Tepui Kukenam RTT, RAT rear bumper,
    I had a thread about this but more Bay Area. I think there were some near Benicia. I'll link it.

3. Mar 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    808sailor

808sailor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    SF Bay/Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    83 Toyota Pickup
    Detroit locker, Inchworm tcase w/ 4.7s, many body mods
    There is Alco Metals out on Mare Island. Coming from Sacramento there are no bridge tolls.

4. Mar 6, 2014 at 1:00 PM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    Alco seems to be a good place, I just sent an e-mail to get a quote. Thanks.

5. Mar 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    808sailor

808sailor Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    SF Bay/Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    83 Toyota Pickup
    Detroit locker, Inchworm tcase w/ 4.7s, many body mods
    No problem. If you go by and see something outside that you like, let me know. I go to the maritime academy right down the road and we get ridiculously good deals on anything outside. If you let me know, I can come down in my uniform and try get if for ya. My buddy and i picked up a sheet of 16ga sheet metal for $10 the other day

6. Mar 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM
    Y2kbaja

Y2kbaja Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    05 Total Chaos Tacoma
    Total Chaos
    In Sacramento Del Paso Pipe and Steel on the north side and S&K on the south. DP beat SK by $40 on 1 lengths of mild steel.

7. Mar 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    In South Sacramento, near S&K, there is also B] Blue Collar Supply[/B]. Neat place if you haven't been there. They have lots of miscellaneous project materials, including Grade 8 bolts, and steel and aluminum stock. Additionally, they have a sheer and will make sheet metal cuts for a small fee.

8. Mar 7, 2014 at 9:58 PM
    DangerTaco

DangerTaco The older the bear, the sweeter the juice

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    Peninsula and the Delta
    Vehicle:
    '03 Tacoma TRD
    OME shocks/springs, Dakar leafs, Brembo Blanks, Hawk LTS pads, FJ steelies
    if you need some galvinized pipe, between 1"-4" i might be able to get some.

let me know

Products Discussed in

To Top