Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Any REAL desert ready prerunners in norcal

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #841
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...con-why-2.html
Roberto, post 34
Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #842
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Konaborne is in Hawaii and his Fox's rusted the hell out real quick. Known issues with Fox rusting. Their shafts are steel.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 PM   #843
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: MP
Name: Roberto
12TRDTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I never thought about the Fox shafts being steel! That's why I love my SAW's, they are Nitrosteel shafts.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #844
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Some good info on this thread today fellas NOICE
Old 07-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #845
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
What kind of shock are you running? And then why not just make a different shock tower?
Yeah I'm running 12" 2.5 double bypass with piggy back. I should have known better before ordering them since Jerry already had the kit out for the relocation but at the time I was under the impression that he was going to be able to work with me more and make it work. He ended up not being able to do that sort of work at the shop due to other jobs he has picked up.

I am pretty much going to try and make my own hoops but I REALLY don't want to have to R&D it and wanted to get it done right the first time. I've been doing the work in my driveway by myself the past month only being able to work on it about once a week because I'm either not home or I'm busy at work or this or that. I have almost gotten to the point where I want to get the axle attached again to where it will roll and get it to someone that can finish the work for me.

OR have SOMEONE come to my place and fab the rest in the driveway... but he hasn't gotten back to me about that idea yet, not sure if it would work out for him and if it would even be doable.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:09 PM   #846
Basikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of lightBasikbiker is a glorious beacon of light
Firefighter: Mechanic on s64 skycrane and S61
Basikbiker's Tacoma Gallery
hate to tell u guys but all shock shafts are steel
Old 07-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #847
Mid Traveling
12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed12TRDTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basikbiker View Post
hate to tell u guys but all shock shafts are steel
I personally knew that but there is different treatments to the steel shafts which are performed. Fox typically does Chrome steel where as other shafts are Nitrosteel
Old 07-10-2014, 01:32 AM   #848
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
Yeah I'm running 12" 2.5 double bypass with piggy back. I should have known better before ordering them since Jerry already had the kit out for the relocation but at the time I was under the impression that he was going to be able to work with me more and make it work. He ended up not being able to do that sort of work at the shop due to other jobs he has picked up.

I am pretty much going to try and make my own hoops but I REALLY don't want to have to R&D it and wanted to get it done right the first time. I've been doing the work in my driveway by myself the past month only being able to work on it about once a week because I'm either not home or I'm busy at work or this or that. I have almost gotten to the point where I want to get the axle attached again to where it will roll and get it to someone that can finish the work for me.

OR have SOMEONE come to my place and fab the rest in the driveway... but he hasn't gotten back to me about that idea yet, not sure if it would work out for him and if it would even be doable.
ahh I see. Already got the bypasses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtacosurfer View Post
Styfu does the owner of IMW have a build page on here? I was checking out Vin's LT rear at the HH meet a couple months ago and was super stoked on his set up. He has 18"ADS in the rear with the DMZ SUA kit.
negative, but I posted the pictures of his truck a while back. 3.5 Camburg LT kit up front with FOx coilovers & bypasses. Rear was DMZ SUA kit with IMW bolt on shock towers and bracing with Camburg 9" Rear end
Old 07-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #849

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotas4life View Post
Some good info on this thread today fellas NOICE
I'm glad you approve...your majesty
Old 07-10-2014, 12:39 PM   #850

Quote:

So scotty lemme get this straight...you are not cutting the bed because you are only going with 12" shocks right?
Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #851

Thanks for the info on the steel shafts...apparently icon uses "nitro steel" shafts. They also include a picture of a Ram 2500 under the "Tacoma 2.5 extended travel coil over with remote reservoir" page
Old 07-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #852

now that's one BIG tacoma
http://iconvehicledynamics.com/shop/...shock-kit.html
Old 07-10-2014, 04:23 PM   #853
Mid Traveling

Quote:
Thanks for the info on the steel shafts...apparently icon uses "nitro steel" shafts. They also include a picture of a Ram 2500 under the "Tacoma 2.5 extended travel coil over with remote reservoir" page
You can quickly tell the difference between chrome steel and Nitrosteel shafts. The chrome will obviously be mirror finish shiny while Nitrosteel shafts have a darker gray color to them. It was one of the first oddities I noticed when I was building up my SAW's. Their advantage is that their coating penetrates the steel deeper then any rock chips could ever bash their way to eat away at the surface. This should also be a huge help for rusting as well. This ultimately should help prolong the life of the shaft overall and the seals.

No wonder I hear on a consistent basis about how peoples SAW's lasted them over 100K before a rebuild was required

Gooooo ICON for that one :P
Old 07-11-2014, 08:10 AM   #854
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So scotty lemme get this straight...you are not cutting the bed because you are only going with 12" shocks right?
That was the original plan yes. Trying to do what FixedTRD had done on his.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #855

Quote:
That was the original plan yes. Trying to do what FixedTRD had done on his.
so hit up Fixed TRD and see what he did exactly!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #857
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
We should have a prerunner norcal meet at prairie city and have some fun on the track/bbq for the day
Old 07-12-2014, 05:37 AM   #858

Quote:
I have and he had DMZ themselves do it in LA
there's gotta be some custom truck/car places in the East Bay that do some metal fabrication and understand suspension systems somewhat It's not like your stuck in North Dakota or something
Old 07-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #859
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotas4life View Post
We should have a prerunner norcal meet at prairie city and have some fun on the track/bbq for the day
I'd go to that
Old 07-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #860
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have and he had DMZ themselves do it in LA
Have you talked to red label fab in town?

Products Discussed in this Thread