Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling trip @ Hell Hole trail 7/12/14 - 7/13/14

View Poll Results: Which trail do you want to run?
Slick Rock 3 30.00%
Deer Valley 1 10.00%
Hell Hole 5 50.00%
Other - Specify 0 0%
Doesn't matter which trail, I'm in! 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2014, 06:45 AM   #181
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96t4rlimited View Post
Any room for one more, always wanted to try Hell Hole, just never had the people to go with
Im sure there is this is going to be a smaller group I woild assume.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:21 AM   #182
96t4rlimited is on a distinguished road

Name: Kony
96t4rlimited's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Im sure there is this is going to be a smaller group I woild assume.
If there is room for me then you guys can count me in
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #183
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96t4rlimited View Post
If there is room for me then you guys can count me in
sounds good!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #184
nat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shednat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nat's Tacoma Gallery
Hell Hole, I have spent many a year fishing and canoeing there. I have never made the run on the 4x4 road though. I have no lockers, chances of making it down and back?
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 AM   #185
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat View Post
Hell Hole, I have spent many a year fishing and canoeing there. I have never made the run on the 4x4 road though. I have no lockers, chances of making it down and back?
I'd assume similar to jqueener. See below

Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
Do you think i would make it with lsd in the rear or should i just count myself out? I have looked at the videos and i think i can make through with some two foot action.worse case a little winching. But i dont want to be ass and slow everyone down.
Quote:
You would have a hard time on the way back out but coming in shouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-23-2014, 07:18 PM   #186
n00b

Okay guys, now that the Slick Rock trip is in the books, we can start looking forward to this trip.

We'll be headed up early Saturday morning and running the trail Saturday morning, then camping Saturday night at the end of the trail. Then Sunday morning we'll head back out the same way we came in.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #187
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys, I'm for sure out on this one. Maybe next time, certainly had a blast at slickrock
Old 06-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #188
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
Sorry guys, I'm for sure out on this one. Maybe next time, certainly had a blast at slickrock
Thanks for the update John. Next time!
Old 06-25-2014, 09:42 AM   #190
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Feh. All the good Norcal trips this summer are time conflicts for me.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #191
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm out as well. Just a little too far and this wedding is draining any extra money I had. Have fun guys! BTW, if anyone is going to be near Niagara Rim on 4th of July weekend let me know. I'm heading up to my cabin which is 30 min from the trail and would be down to meet up.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #192
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
I'm out as well. Just a little too far and this wedding is draining any extra money I had. Have fun guys!

Youch. Berry tags it.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:59 AM   #193
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

Youch. Berry tags it.
Yeah yeah, it was either a family trip or me being selfish and go on this trip. Having a one income home sucks!
Old 06-25-2014, 11:30 AM   #194
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Yeah yeah, it was either a family trip or me being selfish and go on this trip. Having a one income home sucks!
It's cool man. Family first. You'll notice I'm throwing razberries from the sidelines because I'm not going either - Boy Scout campout with my son that weekend.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #195
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post

Youch. Berry tags it.
But then again Jason did the same for the Slick Rock trip

But in all honesty, shit happens. It's all good. Offroading and camping takes second to a lot of other things in my life.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:09 PM   #196
DaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DaJeepDad's Tacoma Gallery
I might be in for camping, but maybe not wheeling; how far are you guys base camping from the lake? Might just bring my kayak......
Old 06-25-2014, 05:20 PM   #197
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
Might have to change to a maybe for me, me and a buncha buddies are thinking about hitting fordyce instead and camp at eagle lagkes
Old 06-25-2014, 06:59 PM   #198
96t4rlimited is on a distinguished road

Name: Kony
96t4rlimited's Tacoma Gallery
As much as I want to go, the wife has other plans for that weekend, won't be able to make it
Old 06-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #199
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJeepDad View Post
I might be in for camping, but maybe not wheeling; how far are you guys base camping from the lake? Might just bring my kayak......
We have to wheel into the camp site and we're camping right on the lake.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #200
DaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shedDaJeepDad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DaJeepDad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
We have to wheel into the camp site and we're camping right on the lake.
will my 29" tires and 1" lifted jeep make it down there? if not, I'm probably gonna have to bail….