Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling trip @ Hell Hole trail 7/12/14 - 7/13/14

View Poll Results: Which trail do you want to run?
Slick Rock 3 30.00%
Deer Valley 1 10.00%
Hell Hole 5 50.00%
Other - Specify 0 0%
Doesn't matter which trail, I'm in! 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #21
younglexx is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
younglexx's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for sure. Will have gears and my rtt by then.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.youtube.com/embed/ITdTf1XPbyM?autoplay=1
After watching this one i no im not ready for hell hole. Lockers are definitely going to make this doable in way less time then without plus there is good footage of the tree in and out. At least i think its the tree your talking about.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #23
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Location is still TBA, but if it ends up being Hell Hole, folks want to come to camp out and then ride with someone else, that's cool too. No ones gonna clown you for not wanting to wheel your truck.

But still, I haven't done Hell Hole yet, and I think I want to try it out. And my truck isn't super modded out, just an OME lift, sliders, skids, and bumpers. No SAS or LT or MT or anything that crazy
Old 04-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #24
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Location is still TBA, but if it ends up being Hell Hole, folks want to come to camp out and then ride with someone else, that's cool too. No ones gonna clown you for not wanting to wheel your truck.

But still, I haven't done Hell Hole yet, and I think I want to try it out. And my truck is super modded out, just an OME lift, sliders, skids, and bumpers. No SAS or LT or MT or anything that crazy
So if the location is Hell Hole, I can at least make it to the campsite in my stock truck?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #25
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I guess we will just have to do a couple trips this summer so some people can do Hell hole. It sounds like only a few rigs will be up for the challange. I would like to watch that and wheel my truck on another trip. I wonder what trip this thread will end up being for.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:42 PM   #26
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
I might be down to camp even if i cant make the trail im sure there is some stuff i can play on out there.plus seeing Jerry's rig in action would be cool.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #27
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Oh yeah hell hole is awesome! Id be down for that for sure We would have to limit the group to about 10 trucks it took us 5+ hours to get in there last time and we had 4 or 5 trucks.
We could always do two groups.
Dibs on the group going first

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Hmm, may be interested in Hell Hole. Put me down as a maybe. i'll pull my rear bumper completely if I have to so I can get more clearance.
No you're not.
You'll just be a maybe for now, and within 2 weeks from the event you'll say you're out because of lack of funds like always
Old 04-08-2014, 03:53 PM   #28
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
So if the location is Hell Hole, I can at least make it to the campsite in my stock truck?
There is a camp site at the lake but we camp at the back of the lake wheel in one day and out the next it's one way in one way out for the trail. I guess guys can toss tents and such in our trucks and ride in.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:55 PM   #29
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
We could always do two groups.
Dibs on the group going first
Yep that works as well there is a lot of camping back there they just have to make it in first .
Old 04-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #30
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
I might be down to camp even if i cant make the trail im sure there is some stuff i can play on out there.plus seeing Jerry's rig in action would be cool.
There is a hiking trail to the back of the lake and honestly the trail can be hiked faster then we can wheel it. I lot of backpackers go in and camp back there every year. Getting to the trail head is paved so anyone can get there.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:08 PM   #31
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
No you're not.
You'll just be a maybe for now, and within 2 weeks from the event you'll say you're out because of lack of funds like always
Watch it! I was last years trip and the trip before that to White Rock. This trip I probably can make since it's right around when I get my bonus and will have the extra cash. Plus I'll try to bring the family this year since they both want to camp more this summer.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:17 PM   #32
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal Camping trip: 7/11/14-7/13/14

I'm in for anything but hell hole, as long as y'all are ok with helping a noob navigate. The rig is ok, but my skill is limited - very limited.

Edit: if there is room I would totes be down to bring some camping gear and ride along at hell hole for learning purposes... My backpacking ish fits in a small bag, so I could likely carry most of it on my lap if needed.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #33
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In an effort to trying to be fair, I threw a poll on the first page so that people can vote where they want to go. Please read the OP before voting!

I'm all for the more the merrier, but I also want to try a trail I haven't done before. With that being said, I voted Hell Hole
Old 04-08-2014, 07:46 PM   #34
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Hell hole!!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:54 PM   #35
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Slick rock, I guess.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #36
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Just to throw out a few other ideas.

Niagara Rim - In Stanislaus national forest by Donnell Lake. According to my book...rated difficult. All obstacles can be bypassed except one which is "steep and tippy". Looks like there are two campsites at Niagara Creek Campground and Niagara ORV Campground. Both are close to the actual trail (which is kind of a loop).

Gold Valley (Deer Lake, Gold Lake, Snake Lake)- Northwest of Truckee. Has quite a few options. Deer Lake trail looks pretty easy. It's rated Moderate. Beginning is easy and can drop into the campgrounds at Gold Lake. For those looking for a challenge there's Snake Lake trail, which is rated difficult ("Short but beautiful hard-core trail") and also right by Gold Lake Campground.

White Rock/Fordyce - Maybe camp at White Rock and for those that want to wheel can head over to Fordyce or that whole network of trails over by Meadow Lake
Old 04-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #37
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I've wanted to run Niagara rim for years I'd be down for that one.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:38 PM   #38
younglexx is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
younglexx's Tacoma Gallery
I camp out by Niagara rim every year, just haven't ran it because I'm always alone. I'm down to run it. I will be out there Memorial Day weekend
Old 04-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #39
BayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura aboutBayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura about

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I'm not sure the trail is tight and you are large if you don't mind body damage I'm sure you can make it. Just don't brake like Hollister tow trucks are a LONG way away!!!
cant guarantee that I wont break down but I'll be sure to bring extra parts with me =)... body damage? oh no!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 PM   #40
n00b

Yea I kind of want an accessible camping spot that everyone can get to, then hit a trail close by where people can choose to offroad or hop in someone's else ride. Kinda like how we did DV last year. Going to do more research and get a better option. Niagra Rim looks promising