Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling trip @ Hell Hole trail 7/12/14 - 7/13/14

View Poll Results: Which trail do you want to run?
Slick Rock 3 30.00%
Deer Valley 1 10.00%
Hell Hole 5 50.00%
Other - Specify 0 0%
Doesn't matter which trail, I'm in! 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 PM   #41
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
i hear niagara rim trail is pretty gnarly, Im IN!!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #42
basinrunner is on a distinguished road

basinrunner's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in, should have lift and sliders by then!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #43
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Yea I kind of want an accessible camping spot that everyone can get to, then hit a trail close by where people can choose to offroad or hop in someone's else ride. Kinda like how we did DV last year. Going to do more research and get a better option. Niagra Rim looks promising
Yeah running Niagara Rim will be good it's beautiful down there. There will defiantly be some fun stuff for most people on that trail. It's harder then Hell hole if you want it to be but I think there is bypasses for the really hard lines (Don't quote me on that). This would be a run with the same requirements Sliders, Skids, good 32"+ tires & one locker at a minimum. Bumpers would be helpful and body damage can easily happen if your not careful.

I'll just place this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQCAJ6qEPuI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gdh1RT46w
Old 04-09-2014, 07:36 AM   #44
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jerry. Yea I saw the first video. The guy spotting the jeep in that preview sucks LOL. I went ahead and closed the poll. I think I'm leaning to Niagra Rim trail
Old 04-09-2014, 07:38 AM   #45
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks Jerry. Yea I saw the first video. The guy spotting the jeep in that preview sucks LOL. I went ahead and closed the poll. I think I'm leaning to Niagra Rim trail
Yeah Jeeps make trails look harder then they are I marked the calendar I'm in!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #46
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in the details. Ill do some research. Id like to wheeling and take bypasses if possible. Just need to figure out how difficult the spots that cant be bypassed are.

Niagara Rim
A popular, but not overused, hardcore trail offering difficult challenges and terrific scenery. A conveniently located OHV campground connects to several shortcut routes to key obstacles. These routes can also be used as early exits. Several dangerous tippy spots can not be bypassed. Narrow and brushy in places with sharp lava rock that can cut sidewalls. Two popular obstacles, Lion’s Butt and the Rock Pile, are optional. Lion’s Butt has terrain similar to Moab but on a much smaller scale. Easy and difficult routes may be selected. The Rock Pile is strictly extreme hardcore 4-wheeling. Although modified vehicles are best suited for this trail, experienced drivers in high-clearance, well-equipped SUVs can get through if they avoid the extreme parts. Body damage is more likely for lesser-equipped vehicles. Excellent articulation or one locker is recommended.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:49 AM   #47
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Just run it Nick if you get to a spot that's too bad you can always turn back or park your truck and jump in with someone else. Your truck is pretty well built so you should be fine.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:58 AM   #48
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Just run it Nick if you get to a spot that's too bad you can always turn back or park your truck and jump in with someone else. Your truck is pretty well built so you should be fine.
The truck will be fine its my skills I worry about. Ill keep practicing. I will have my icons by then and be back up at a 3 inch lift with 285 or 295s. I have a couple months before the trip to work on my skills. Being able to leave my truck and hop in someone elses makes me feel a little better.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:02 AM   #49
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
dam this makes me want a locker.maybe by next yr i will be ready.i almost have all my armor just need lca,gas tank and rear diff.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #50
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Think an extended ifs skid would be enough, or would I be risking it (more than normal) without a belly and/or tcase skid? My RAT skid extends up and behind the steering rack...
Old 04-09-2014, 08:05 AM   #51
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
And yeah, def need to build skills in the meantime... Truck is built above my skill level.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #52
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in if it's the Niagara trail. I have friend who lives up near there and has ran it. I'll ask him how it was and what capabilities of trucks can make it through.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:25 AM   #53
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This sounds like a ton of fun. Count me in MJ.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 AM   #54
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
The truck will be fine its my skills I worry about. Ill keep practicing. I will have my icons by then and be back up at a 3 inch lift with 285 or 295s. I have a couple months before the trip to work on my skills. Being able to leave my truck and hop in someone elses makes me feel a little better.
Best thing to do is get out and wheel. And not Hollister unless your running rocker damage or the other black diamonds. It just doesn't compare to crawling on the trails in the sierras.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:52 AM   #55
Senor Taco

Quote:
Best thing to do is get out and wheel. And not Hollister unless your running rocker damage or the other black diamonds. It just doesn't compare to crawling on the trails in the sierras.

Hopefully there are some trips to slickrock or deer valley before this. Then I can practice at somewhere other then hollister. I saw MJs bedrack. Looks sick. Hopefully he will want to get out and camp more this summer with his new tent setup so he can teach me to wheel. I will setup an appointment at your shop soon for my bedrack/bedbar setup for my new rtt.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #56
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Nick,

Don't underestimate yourself. We've all started somewhere and are all more than willing to help out. Spotters are key on tougher trails and everyone does there part to help everyone out! We all go in together and get out together!

Count me in... I'm easy. Wherever we go i'm down.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:22 AM   #57
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Hopefully there are some trips to slickrock or deer valley before this. Then I can practice at somewhere other then hollister. I saw MJs bedrack. Looks sick. Hopefully he will want to get out and camp more this summer with his new tent setup so he can teach me to wheel. I will setup an appointment at your shop soon for my bedrack/bedbar setup for my new rtt.
I'd be down for a over night trip in June some time.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #58
Motherfucking Wizard
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I kind of want an accessible camping spot that everyone can get to, then hit a trail close by where people can choose to offroad or hop in someone's else ride. Kinda like how we did DV last year. Going to do more research and get a better option. Niagra Rim looks promising
Will Niagra Rim allow this? If I could get my stock 4x4 Taco to the campsite and ride with someone else for some wheeling, I'd be in for sure.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #59
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
Will Niagra Rim allow this? If I could get my stock 4x4 Taco to the campsite and ride with someone else for some wheeling, I'd be in for sure.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the camping is right off the paved road.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #60
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'd be down for a over night trip in June some time.
x2

June 21/22 is open for me