Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling trip @ Hell Hole trail 7/12/14 - 7/13/14

View Poll Results: Which trail do you want to run?
Slick Rock 3 30.00%
Deer Valley 1 10.00%
Hell Hole 5 50.00%
Other - Specify 0 0%
Doesn't matter which trail, I'm in! 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 PM   #1
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
NORCAL: Camping & Wheeling trip @ Hell Hole trail 7/12/14 - 7/13/14

** UPDATE

This trip is CANCELLED
Old 04-08-2014, 12:29 PM   #2
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in... Slick rock and deer valley sound good. I watched a youtube vid of hell hole and I dont know if I ready for it.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed
Old 04-08-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
t4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shedt4r4life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
t4r4life's Tacoma Gallery
In for hell hole.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah hell hole is awesome! Id be down for that for sure We would have to limit the group to about 10 trucks it took us 5+ hours to get in there last time and we had 4 or 5 trucks.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #6
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

timmytoast's Tacoma Gallery
If a stock as hell Tacoma can go, I'm in as well.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
I dont know about that Timmy . You can deff hop in someone elses rig tho. I think Im in!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #8
Beard Farmer
timmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shedtimmytoast is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
I dont know about that Timmy . You can deff hop in someone elses rig tho. I think Im in!
If there's an alternate route maybe?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:26 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytoast View Post
If a stock as hell Tacoma can go, I'm in as well.
Nope none of the trials can be done without damage. If you had sliders and a IFS skid you would be fine but not bone stock. Hell Hole I'd recommend bumpers as well the stock ones wouldn't last at the tree.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #10
Beard Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Nope none of the trials can be done without damage. If you had sliders and a IFS skid you would be fine but not done stock. Hell Hole I'd recommend bumpers as well the stock ones wouldn't last at the tree.
Well, I'm out then. Have fun guys!
Old 04-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #11
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, may be interested in Hell Hole. Put me down as a maybe. i'll pull my rear bumper completely if I have to so I can get more clearance.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Hmm, may be interested in Hell Hole. Put me down as a maybe. i'll pull my rear bumper completely if I have to so I can get more clearance.
Sorry bud bumper or not your tagging your rear end at the tree it's about a 40" drop and very tight. I had way more clearance then you when i was IFS and i tagged my rear bumper pretty hard at the tree.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:38 PM   #13
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sorry bud bumper or not your tagging your rear end at the tree it's about a 40" drop and very tight. I had way more clearance then you when i was IFS and i tagged my rear bumper pretty hard at the tree.
Thats over 3 feet... I dont know if my rig can handle a drop like that on the rear even if I get 33's before the trip. I should have got a rear high clearance bumper. Too bad im to much of a wimp to cut my new trucks bedsides.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #14
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, well then get your press working and make me a bumper...haha

Seriously though I'm in if we go somewhere a bit more stockish friendly. Unfortunately armor is not on the horizon anytime soon with the wedding this August.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:45 PM   #15
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Thats over 3 feet... I dont know if my rig can handle a drop like that on the rear even if I get 33's before the trip. I should have got a rear high clearance bumper. Too bad im to much of a wimp to cut my new trucks bedsides.
It's not that bad as long as you have a rear plate bumper. Stock and you will have damage but we did have a few FJ's with stock bumpers that did ok. They did have scratched bumpers by the end of the trail. Hell Hole is defiantly not for the nubes but it's not too crazy. I ran it with stock skids sliders and bumpers. One locker is a must to get back out the only 2nd Gen with us stopped and parked his truck at the tree because he didn't have a locker.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #16
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Damn, well then get your press working and make me a bumper...haha

Seriously though I'm in if we go somewhere a bit more stockish friendly. Unfortunately armor is not on the horizon anytime soon with the wedding this August.
Seriously though I'm OUT! if you go somewhere a bit more stockish friendly .
Old 04-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #17
BayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura aboutBayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura about

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I want to try hell hole, would I be fine?
Old 04-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #18
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRunner View Post
I want to try hell hole, would I be fine?
I'm not sure the trail is tight and you are large if you don't mind body damage I'm sure you can make it. Just don't brake like Hollister tow trucks are a LONG way away!!!
Old 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM   #19
Senor Taco

Quote:
It's not that bad as long as you have a rear plate bumper. Stock and you will have damage but we did have a few FJ's with stock bumpers that did ok. They did have scratched bumpers by the end of the trail. Hell Hole is defiantly not for the nubes but it's not too crazy. I ran it with stock skids sliders and bumpers. One locker is a must to get back out the only 2nd Gen with us stopped and parked his truck at the tree because he didn't have a locker.
So my truck can make it but I need some more experience....
Old 04-08-2014, 03:05 PM   #20
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
I would love to go but i have no locker. So I'm out for hell hole but if its slick rock i might be in . So you don't think its doable without a locker. I thought i saw a video of guys making it without one. But that tree looks intense coming out. Im not sure i want to tangle with it.