Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Looking for trails

Old 04-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
Motomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really nice

Name: Max
Motomax114's Tacoma Gallery
Looking for trails

I am looking for some good trails in the Sacramento area. I am in sacramento but want to go up to Tahoe for the day and hit some trails then spend the night. the only reason i want to go to Tahoe because i assume that there are good trails there. I am new to my tacoma so i am not looking for anything to difficult but i want to have a good time!. Also i don't want to camp out in a heavily crowded area. If you know of any good trails and camping spots id love to know about them If any one knows of a better place to go let me know!
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
Motomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really niceMotomax114 is just really nice

I'm in sacramento
Old 04-19-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
SIZZLE is on a distinguished road

SIZZLE's Tacoma Gallery
Check out blackwood canyon road to McKinney rubicon trail. Cool loop and places to camp. Doable in a stock truck.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #5
brizower is on a distinguished road

Air Force: A-10/U-2  Crew Chief
Name: Andrew
brizower's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIZZLE View Post
Check out blackwood canyon road to McKinney rubicon trail. Cool loop and places to camp. Doable in a stock truck.
I tried finding that on Google maps. Didn't see it?
Old 04-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Jason
jqueener's Tacoma Gallery
Check out silverfork rd off hwy 50 theres is some cool trails and camping up there for stock truck.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:28 PM   #7
johnboyTRD has a spectacular aura aboutjohnboyTRD has a spectacular aura about

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jqueener View Post
Check out silverfork rd off hwy 50 theres is some cool trails and camping up there for stock truck.

Yep did this last weekend super fun. Brin a friend in case you get stuck! I'll try and find where we were and link it here
Old 04-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #8

Looking for trails

Ok so it's easy to tell you where to go... Take 50 to city kyburz, and turn onto silver fork road. We followed 9 miles until the road crossed the river. First dirt road to the left after bridge took us to many amazing sites for camping and wheeling
Old 04-23-2014, 11:54 PM   #9

Thanks guys looking forward to making a trip up there
Old 04-24-2014, 07:03 AM   #10

I'll post up on NorCal wheelin thread next time I go. Probably in a month or two.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #11
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard that, after being closed for several years, the Pardoe 4x4 trail is now open. I'm planning on doing that trail in the next month or so. Its off of Hwy 88.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:16 PM   #13
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-24-2014, 06:00 PM   #14

Just to throw out dates... Whaddaya think of a camping/wheeling trip up silver fork last weekend of June? Bouncing it off my friends that came last weekend... Usually we take a fri or mon off since it's a hike for us south bayers.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #15
jqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of lightjqueener is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboyTRD View Post
Just to throw out dates... Whaddaya think of a camping/wheeling trip up silver fork last weekend of June? Bouncing it off my friends that came last weekend... Usually we take a fri or mon off since it's a hike for us south bayers.
I might be able to make that work, but its to far out for me to yes for sure.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #16
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tan4x4 View Post
I've heard that, after being closed for several years, the Pardoe 4x4 trail is now open. I'm planning on doing that trail in the next month or so. Its off of Hwy 88.
Bad news, this trail is still closed, I'll be researching other 4wd roads for my next exploration. I usually do day trips.

The confusion is due to it also being called Squaw Ridge trail (Forest road 09N82). You can only drive a short distance from the trail head to the first meadow, then its closed after that. Hopefully it will be open by next year.

Barrett, Strawberry and the middle of Deer Valley are also still closed.

However, last fall, they did re-open 18 of the 42 previously closed forest routes, including the McKinstry road (near the Rubicon).
Old 04-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #17

Quote:
Bad news, this trail is still closed, I'll be researching other 4wd roads for my next exploration. I usually do day trips.

The confusion is due to it also being called Squaw Ridge trail (Forest road 09N82). You can only drive a short distance from the trail head to the first meadow, then its closed after that. Hopefully it will be open by next year.

However, last fall, they did re-open 18 of the 42 previously closed forest routes, including the McKinstry road (near the Rubicon).

i was so looking forward to that trail.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #19

Quote:

Is there another way to know if a trail is open or not besides going there and looking? If not i guess ill have to have you go check for me before i head out.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #20
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
HAHA!! freaking Brian!! LOL