1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Elk Grove Toyota-AWESOME!

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by txskid, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Apr 28, 2014 at 8:29 AM
    txskid

txskid [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD SR5 PreRunner
    Just wanted to give a shout out to those in the South Sacramento/Elk Grove area.

This dealerhip is awesome!

2. Apr 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM
    tan4x4

tan4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Folsom, CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma EC 4x4 2.7L Auto
    Bilsteins, OME 881's, 3-leaf AAL, Detroit TruTrac, Tundra brake swap, Michelin LTX AT2, Tranny skidplate, TC skidplate, CBI rear bumper, TG sliders, UltraGauge, PowerTank, Reverse Camera
    So .... tell us the story. What did they do what was so wonderful ?

3. Apr 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
  4. Apr 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    I'd like to respectfully disagree...last time I went to EG Toyota to get a service done on my Taco...(the service was perfectly fine, FYI) I hopped over to the sales side and wanted to look at a 4runner and a Tundra...ended up test driving a Tundra...

First words out of my mouth "Sir, I will not be buying a vehicle today, end of story"

The guy proceeds to get me in a Tundra, then basically ridicules me for changing the suspension of my Taco, and claims that the TRD suspension can and has run the Baja1000 and won. He also claimed my Taco only had a 2 star rollover rating, and "in 25 years of selling cars, he knows what he's talking about, and no vehicle has over a 2 star rollover rating" to which I replied "why does the sticker next to your face say 4 stars then?" It was mostly a silent ride back

My initial question to the guy (which should have tipped me off) was "what is the different in suspension between the Tacoma and the Tundra (as I'm bent over, pretty much crawling up under the truck) To which he replied with Tow ratings...

I could go on...but honestly the guy was such a dumbfuck I basically told him to stop talking and just drove back to the dealership, and when I walked back inside to just go get my Taco, he physically blocked my way to I had to turn into the sales desk, so I told the Sales manager what an idiot he was, and if he just replied with "I Don't Know" even once, I probably would have considered buying something from them at a future date, the SM pulled me aside and apologized and said he really was a dumbass...

anyways, rant over, but I will NEVER go back to that dealer ship.

On the other hand, the service guys were SUPER cool about honoring my $10 synthetic oil change (since I had Toyota Prepaid service for regular oil), so If I absolutely HAD to stop for an oil change, I would go there, and just sit at the service desk till it was done.

5. Apr 28, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    520Toyota

520Toyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    C.V.
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    dcsb 6spd 4x4 offroad
    Ome lift
    I was at Elk Grove Toyota looking and tacomas one time. I asked the salesman if they had a dcsb trd Offroad in 4wd, 6 spd and in color white. He replied yes and grabbed a sport instead. I said I wanted to see a trd Offroad. So he went to go grab his sales manager and the manager asked why I wanted an trd offroad? I said that's what I want. He then went on and asked me what's the difference between the sport and offroad. I told him that he sells Toyota vehicles and he should know. He then asked me to educate him and that's when I left. Every dealership has their idiots.

6. Apr 29, 2014 at 12:53 AM
    kalieaire

kalieaire i didn't know they stacked sh*t that high.

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road 4x4 AC V6 6MT
    Adventure Trailers Atlas, Demello Sliders, BAMF Skids, PelfreyBilt Bumpers, SCS Ray 10
    Toyota Corporate now maintains a twitter and facebook page. I'd write these comments on their pages.

With social media playing into a huge part of marketing, larger firms like Toyota like to know when people are acting poorly on their behalf. You never know, they might ask you to become part of a panel of representative clients to help them understand the market they're trying to sell to, and at the very least, your opinion of what should happen.

7. Apr 29, 2014 at 12:54 AM
    kalieaire

kalieaire i didn't know they stacked sh*t that high.

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road 4x4 AC V6 6MT
    Adventure Trailers Atlas, Demello Sliders, BAMF Skids, PelfreyBilt Bumpers, SCS Ray 10
  8. Apr 29, 2014 at 6:54 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Submitted! Just copy+pasted my post. Not even sure if the dude still works there, that was over a year ago...

9. Apr 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    I found the same issue at many of the dealerships I went to. They had an idea about a Prius, but 4x4, NOT.

I started just asking for the guy that KNEW 4x4's, and finally found one. He was great, spent over two hours with me, and did not even try to sell, just said, when you make up your mind, come on back, I would like your business.

10. Apr 30, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    VolcomTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    See, now that's the kind of thing that would earn my business. I really just wandered over to check them out, maybe sit in one...but this dude walks up trying to make a sale, even after I specifically said "I'm not buying a vehicle today, period, I'm only here getting a service done". If he would have just said "hey man, you know what, I really don't know about this, but I can find out(or this guy does" then I would have just shrugged and said 'ok' and moved on with my day. I really hate being bullshitted by someone that knows less about something than I do.

I literally just went on the Toyota website earlier that day and had looked up the Tundra and just read all the info on it I could. ( I told him that about 10 minutes after meeting the guy, before I test drove) Having that shit quoted back to me, despite saying I knew it, just...ugh...

Sorry to rant lol, I've just been to so many dealerships in the lat few years, I can say every other Salesguy at Toyota Dealers usually backed off once they either A) Saw my truck, or B) actually listened to my first few technical questions.

/rant over (for this post hehe)

11. Apr 30, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    Thegenerik1

Thegenerik1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR
    How long have you worked there?

12. Apr 30, 2014 at 6:16 PM
    logcabinwc

logcabinwc Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Micah
    SF East Bay
    Vehicle:
    08 4d 4x4 White V6 TRD
    Old Man Emu 885s with Nitrocharged 90000, Bilstein 5100 in the back with AllPro 3 spring progressive AAL, 16 inch Baja Black 6-spoke alloy wheels, Flow Master exhaust, bed lights, Pioneer HD radio, Uniden CB Radio, K&N Air filter, BAMF Sliders w/kickout, Relentless Aluminum IFS Skid, 24 LED light bar, custom/homebuilt expedition style bed rack and basket combo, and Body Armor rear plate bumper.
    took my truck to get an oil change to Thomsons Toyota in Placerville. They do a good job, washed the truck for me too. And they just had the dealership rebuilt and the place is nice inside... Free fridge full of beverages, starbucks coffee, chips, bars, cookies, popcorn machine, bagels, etc. Nice new waiting area with big fireplace and GIANT tv.. and then a putting green next to the service drop off with putters and balls to practice with..
    I work across the street from them.. I might start just going over on my lunch break with all that stuff now :D

13. Jun 22, 2014 at 8:47 AM
    cameronlane

cameronlane Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    cameron
    Anywhere but there
    Vehicle:
    2014 Dbl Cab TRD OR 4x4
    I just bought a 2014 Dbl Cad TRD OR from them this past week. They were fine and able give me a pretty good deal on it. The sales people didn't really know Tacomas, but I didnt need them to. Overall it was a pretty enjoyable experience for buying a vehicle. All said and done it took about 3 hours and most of the was just waiting on finance to get the contract written up.

Products Discussed in

To Top