Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Slick Rock trip 6/20/14 - 6/22/14

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2014, 12:55 PM   #22
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yes you will be fine with full skids and sliders. Just pick your lines carefully and you will be fine. I got MJ up the hard line open/open slick rock is a walk in the park as long as you have sliders.
F*ck it! My son would love it! Im not sure if ill stay both days but im in for 1 day for sure!
Old 04-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #23
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by logcabinwc View Post
Anyone have a map of where slick rock is?
trail starts here
38.471122, -120.008183
Old 04-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #25
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes you will be fine with full skids and sliders. Just pick your lines carefully and you will be fine. I got MJ up the hard line open/open slick rock is a walk in the park as long as you have sliders.
It's also a good idea for any 2nd gen folks to consider shortening up their exhaust pipe. Hitting a rock without a high clearance rear will result in a funny looking dent on their passenger bedside. @baoser
Old 04-30-2014, 01:12 PM   #26
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
I'm hoping to bring the Fiance and daughter this time around if they'll go. My daughter now loves wheeling after Hollister. I'm assuming we'll do our own food for this trip.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:15 PM   #27
younglexx is on a distinguished road

Name: Alex
younglexx's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in!
Old 04-30-2014, 01:18 PM   #28
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys want to run the trail on Saturday, then make our way back around and camp, and leave Sunday?

Or do you guys want to camp Saturday, then run the trail Sunday morning, then head home after?

For reference - we usually take the trail from the North end and work our way down, then is spits us back out onto HWY 4. And we usually camp right after the trailhead (2nd balloon from the top on the trail map)

Old 04-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #29
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM   #30
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think we should do the trail on Saturday. That way we aren't rushing the trail in order to get home at a decent hour and have a day to drive back/repair.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
I think we should do the trail on Saturday. That way we aren't rushing the trail in order to get home at a decent hour and have a day to drive back/repair.
I liked rolling in at sunset on Friday night last year, not that my vote really counts since I'm not driving. :P

But I could get some amazing shots of us rolling through the dahhhknusssss. We can also give Corral Hollow a second try if we do roll through Saturday, Sunday would be nice and leisurely rolling back home.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:44 PM   #32
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
Yeah I think that's a good idea I'll come up Friday night can camp out for the run I hate driving in the morning to the trail.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I vote for a saturday run though the trail. I'll probably just day trip it
Old 04-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #34
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #35
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Good call guys. I'll be out there Friday as well, probably earlier in the day so I'm not sitting in traffic again
Old 04-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #36
4runner Troll

Hopefully this year I can make it up on Friday instead leaving at 3:30 am.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #37
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Good call guys. I'll be out there Friday as well, probably earlier in the day so I'm not sitting in traffic again
Yeah ill most likely work a half day and go up early.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:22 PM   #38
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Likely in!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #39
curmudgeon
Pliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shedPliny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
Pliny's Tacoma Gallery
Checked my schedule and have that Friday off. Most likely IN and if so will be camping out there Friday night. Pretty terrible at planning things that far in advance. But, this trail has been on the list for this summer - thanks for organizing!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 PM   #40
asphinctersayswhat?

Quote:
Yeah ill most likely work a half day and go up early.
Cool. Maybe we can meet in Stockton again

Products Discussed in this Thread