Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Slick Rock trip 6/20/14 - 6/22/14

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #41
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
put me down, even tho the wifey bitched at me last night...lol...she's prego so i think she is jelous she cant go..lol...I told her she could stay back at camp with the dog..heehee
Old 05-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #42
Brinner is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
Brinner's Tacoma Gallery
Interested in this trip, I haven't been before and am curious about what I'd be able to safely do without any skid/under armor yet. I recently had some sliders made and welded on by BAMF, which I love and can't say enough about, but are currently my only armor. Would anyone advise I work on getting various skids before tackling this run? If so which would be most important. They are on my list of must haves already, just haven't gotten to them yet...also may or may not make it depending on how my lower back heals up after displacing a disc and pinching a nerve about 10 days ago lol, but this is far enough out that I may be gtg! Appreciate any feedback, also I've got a 6" stage 2 procomp DB lift with 35" nittos

Nick
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM   #43
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
SCRunner12's Tacoma Gallery
You should be fine. I'm going to run it with 33's, sliders and stock skids.With 35's you should have enough clearance to make it. Just pick the right lines and you'll be fine.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:49 PM   #44
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
This^ Thats a whole lot of clearance!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:52 PM   #45
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe Tarcilo can chime in. He did Slick Rock with a 6" lift and 35s, and he only has sliders and bumpers, no skids IIRC

I think the only sketch part is the 3 rock cluster right after the water crossing and right before the last obstacle. But yea, with the right line and patience, you'll be okay.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
4runner Troll
SCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCRunner12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I only had my budbuilt last year and sliders and only had some minor scratches to the stock front and rear bumper and wheel rash. Of course both of those were from the last obstacle and going up the hard line. If I hadn't taken that line I would have been damage free.

So Jerry, when is that press going to be running...
Old 05-01-2014, 01:11 PM   #47
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRunner12 View Post
I only had my budbuilt last year and sliders and only had some minor scratches to the stock front and rear bumper and wheel rash. Of course both of those were from the last obstacle and going up the hard line. If I hadn't taken that line I would have been damage free.

So Jerry, when is that press going to be running...
It's running just the back gauge it not fixed yet we have been using it for a month now. Just manually setting the back gauge for now.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #48
4runner Troll

Nice, will you be making any skids? Pending on prices and any extra cash I have, I may pick one up before this trip if their are being produced.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 PM   #49
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinner View Post
Interested in this trip, I haven't been before and am curious about what I'd be able to safely do without any skid/under armor yet. I recently had some sliders made and welded on by BAMF, which I love and can't say enough about, but are currently my only armor. Would anyone advise I work on getting various skids before tackling this run? If so which would be most important. They are on my list of must haves already, just haven't gotten to them yet...also may or may not make it depending on how my lower back heals up after displacing a disc and pinching a nerve about 10 days ago lol, but this is far enough out that I may be gtg! Appreciate any feedback, also I've got a 6" stage 2 procomp DB lift with 35" nittos

Nick
Mj is right on the hardest part being after the water crossing but like everyone's saying with some patients and choosing the right lines you should be more than fine to get through.
What everyone really needs on trips like these is to bring or have lots of hunger at the end of the day cuz you will be eating like Kings.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #50
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice, will you be making any skids? Pending on prices and any extra cash I have, I may pick one up before this trip if their are being produced.
We will but I'm not sure If I'll have skids by then.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #51
Brinner is on a distinguished road
Name: Nicholas
Brinner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks everyone for the advice, that is pretty much what I figured, and I'm not afraid of a little road rash, already have a decent amount along....well the entire body on both sides! hah. I've come to like it and am definitely not afraid of getting more. Avoid it if possible but if not oh well, its a truck. Just have to make sure I heal up completely by then.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #52
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09FriscoTaco View Post
Mj is right on the hardest part being after the water crossing but like everyone's saying with some patients and choosing the right lines you should be more than fine to get through.
What everyone really needs on trips like these is to bring or have lots of hunger at the end of the day cuz you will be eating like Kings.
Lol, we wasted so much food on the trip last may.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #53
LensCap
92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed92shawman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
92shawman's Tacoma Gallery
Balls I move back to SoCal on the 18th-ish...
I still haven't decided what trip to do on memorial day, though...Slickrock or Death Valley or elsewhere
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #54
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
Lol, we wasted so much food on the trip last may.
We had way too much food, not like I was complaining.

Tarcilo, I'll bring the salsa again too.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #56
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

damn, that salsa. sooo good but so bad for my intestines.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #57
09FriscoTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Tarcilo
09FriscoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:

It's a must bro!! I love that salsa.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:18 AM   #58
asphinctersayswhat?
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I remember that salsa being legit
Old 05-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #59
4runner Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
damn, that salsa. sooo good but so bad for my intestines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09FriscoTaco View Post
It's a must bro!! I love that salsa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Yea I remember that salsa being legit
I'll bring a few jars for the weekend.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:42 PM   #60
johnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud ofjohnboyTRD has much to be proud of

Name: John
johnboyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal Slick Rock trip 6/20/14 - 6/22/14

I'm in on this fosholio. Total noob, and no aftermarket belly or tcase skid... Help me get through this guys!

Sounds like I should be good with 3", 33's, sliders, bumpers, and aftermarket ifs skid. Just need to remember my nuts haha.

Oh and prob bringing wife, and heading up Friday.

Products Discussed in this Thread