Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

NorCal Slick Rock trip 6/20/14 - 6/22/14

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-30-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
NorCal Slick Rock trip 6/20/14 - 6/22/14

When: 6/20-6/22 (Fri-Sun)
We'll be running the trail on Saturday 9AM. Folks are welcome to come Friday or Saturday to camp. Then we'll be headed home Sunday.

Where: Slick Rock trail, Stanislaus National Forrest
Trailhead: 38° 28' 07.5" N 120° 00' 40.2" W

We'll be running the trail from the North to South, then a fire road will spit us back on HWY 4. We'll set up camp right after the second marker from the top. In fact, here are the directions to the trailhead, verbatim from the Backroads book:

Quote:
To Get There: Take Hwy. 4 to Lake Alpine north of Bear Valley. Turn right at west end of lake following signs to Lake Alpine C.G. Head South, staying to the right as roads branch left. When the bike trail goes right, you go left. Bear right at blue cabin then right again at private drive. Follow narrow road to well-marked trailhead 0.7 miles from Hwy.4.

And then just follow the trail a little, and you'll find us along the trail (NO FEES)

Required: 4x4, decent AT tires, sliders
Recommended: skids + aftermarket bumpers, locker, diff breather mod, recovery gear (winch, hi-lift), CB or FRS radio (I'll have both to communicate between the two)

info:
http://4x4trailmaps.com/4x4Trails.php?Trail_ID=5

CB Channel 30
FRS Channel 1 / 1

List:
MJonAgs32 (leaving Fri AM)
kalieaire (riding w/ MJ^)
DeJeepDad (leaving Fri AM)
JLee (leaving Fri AM)
t4r4life (leaving Fri afternoon)
Casper421 (leaving Fri afternoon)
Jlee brother (leaving Fri mid-afternoon)
jqueener (leaving Fri mid-afternoon)
johnboyTRD (leaving Fri mid-afternoon)
Mademan925 (leaving Fri 6PM)
RelentlessTaco (meeting Sat AM)
Traction120 (meeting Sat AM)
96t4rlimited (meeting Sat AM)
TimmyB
bmase11
BayAreaRunner (maybe)
Old 04-30-2014, 07:37 AM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely in!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:55 AM   #3
Senor Taco
Mademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMademan925 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Mademan925's Tacoma Gallery
Im in...
Old 04-30-2014, 08:19 AM   #4
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
need a ride. :/
Old 04-30-2014, 09:13 AM   #5
BayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura aboutBayAreaRunner has a spectacular aura about

BayAreaRunner's Tacoma Gallery
count me in!
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #6
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
need a ride. :/
you can roll with me
Old 04-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Hell ya, most likely a yes for me.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:37 AM   #8
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademan925 View Post
Im in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaRunner View Post
count me in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Hell ya, most likely a yes for me.
sweet!!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:47 AM   #9
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
hmmmmmm
Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
la0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shedla0d0g is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
la0d0g's Tacoma Gallery
Bummer you guys are going that weekend, I'll be in the middle of Nevada trekking. I do love me some slick rock, have a blast!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #11
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Put me as a strong maybe! I gotta double check a few things that might be happening that weekend.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:00 AM   #12
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by la0d0g View Post
Bummer you guys are going that weekend, I'll be in the middle of Nevada trekking. I do love me some slick rock, have a blast!
Yeah I was thinking about that trip too! But I'll be putting 2000+ miles on my truck for Moab so I don't think I can swing that expo trip. Sounds awesome though

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroM- View Post
Put me as a strong maybe! I gotta double check a few things that might be happening that weekend.
Go! This trip was going off your post

Quote:
x2

June 21/22 is open for me
Old 04-30-2014, 11:01 AM   #13
Mud Slinger
ferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shedferny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Fernando
ferny's Tacoma Gallery
no locker here, would i be ok? 3 inch lift, 33s, full belly skids, sliders.

no bumpers, winch, or rear diff skid
Old 04-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #14
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJonAgs32 View Post
Go! This trip was going off your post
Ok ok, im in lol. I just checked the schedule and i'm wide open.

Will be great to get back out there on the trails. Been a while since being with AP.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #15
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferny View Post
no locker here, would i be ok? 3 inch lift, 33s, full belly skids, sliders.

no bumpers, winch, or rear diff skid
Yes you will be fine with full skids and sliders. Just pick your lines carefully and you will be fine. I got MJ up the hard line open/open slick rock is a walk in the park as long as you have sliders.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #16
n00b

Quote:
Ok ok, im in lol. I just checked the schedule and i'm wide open.

Will be great to get back out there on the trails. Been a while since being with AP.
haha wooot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Yes you will be fine with full skids and sliders. Just pick your lines carefully and you will be fine. I got MJ up the hard line open/open slick rock is a walk in the park as long as you have sliders.
what he said

Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM   #17
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
I can do a CT4WD Style video, but I need some volunteers.

I need folks that are down to get interviewed, do soundbites, and/or redo obstacles.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #18

stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for that! I can help with some footy too if need be.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #19
The Man!

JLee's Tacoma Gallery
I'll redo the last obstacle a few times
Old 04-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #20
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in on the vid

Products Discussed in this Thread