Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Anyone free for the weekends?

Old 06-14-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone free for the weekends?

I just started my rear suspension (DMZ SUA KIT) and would like if anyone was free to lend a helping hand. I'll be working in stripping the frame down today.

It would be nice if anyone could stop by as someone not as attached to the truck would help out in making suggestions to the plan of attack.

I'm sure we can sort some kind of payment if you stop by.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #2
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Id be down to help but man im just too far away. Cant wait to see how that beast turns out your truck is really clean scotty!
Old 06-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
There are a few install videos on youtube if you get stuck.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:39 PM   #5
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
For DMZ SUA kit?
oops my bad, thought you were doing a regular install since the op mentions nothing about what you're doing besides needing hand holding. :P
Old 06-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalieaire View Post
oops my bad, thought you were doing a regular install since the op mentions nothing about what you're doing besides needing hand holding. :P
Ah gotcha. Updated, yeah I'm doing a sua install
Old 06-14-2014, 02:28 PM   #7
yotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to allyotas4life is a name known to all

Name: Alex
yotas4life's Tacoma Gallery
Hey scotty we will be doing a trip down to socal to hit the desert next month sometime. I have 3 buddies goin with prerunners and seansbaja and a few other members will be goin as well. Hopefully you can make it planning for late next month
Old 06-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #9
Basikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedBasikbiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Mechanic on s64 skycrane and S61
Basikbiker's Tacoma Gallery
hey I can help out but im not available till july :/ I just finished putting 12" kings on mine, and did a spring under on my buddies t100
Old 06-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basikbiker View Post
hey I can help out but im not available till july :/ I just finished putting 12" kings on mine, and did a spring under on my buddies t100
Well I hope to have a good amount done, if not all it by July. But if I haven't I'd be more then happy to have your help. Let me know when your available.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:23 PM   #11

Got one last trick spring hanger to cut out, and the axle to dress up then it is ready to tack up the new stuffs.

5 rivets holding this one on and 3 of them are no joke getting to. I wish I had a plasma cutter, I have already played around with the idea of getting one but 75% of the hard work is already done using cutoff wheels and grinder. The only other part it would come in handy would be notching out the frame to clear the shocks...

Old 06-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #12

Well all the mounts on the frame are off, will be working in the axle when I get back from out of town, hopefully next weekend. Going to be renting a plasma cutter to help speed up the process.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:09 AM   #14
Jbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJbcm12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joshua
Jbcm12's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Scotty do you have a welder? I might be free for a little bit on sunday
Old 06-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbcm12 View Post
Hey Scotty do you have a welder? I might be free for a little bit on sunday
I've got it all right now. A welder, grinders, saws, a compressor, even a plasma cutter I rented for a month.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
presto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shedpresto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
presto's Tacoma Gallery
man id be down to help if i were a little bit closer :/
Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 AM   #18

Well I got the springs mounted this weekend, but they didn't look quite right so I e-mail Tim at DMZ and he gave me some tips to redo the hangers. It shouldn't really be all that hard fixing everything because that's what tack welds are for right? I don't think the mounts were quite square so I'll be going back through with what Tim told me to fix it all this 4 day weekend I have coming up.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #20
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
slowly but surely