Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Places to camp overlooking Lake Tahoe for the 4th

Old 07-03-2014, 09:35 PM   #1
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Places to camp overlooking Lake Tahoe for the 4th

Can anyone recommend me a great place to camp overlooking Lake Tahoe? It would be awesome to catch a view of the fireworks from up high. Preferably a 4x4 access spot.. I want to hit the dirt.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #2
2011flowedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
2011flowedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd to this. Once I get my lift I'm gonna be looking for some spots up north. Down here in the bay, there isn't anything happening involving dirt lol.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:16 AM   #3
M.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shedM.A.D. is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st Civ Div
Name: Mengil
M.A.D.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Can anyone recommend me a great place to camp overlooking Lake Tahoe? It would be awesome to catch a view of the fireworks from up high. Preferably a 4x4 access spot.. I want to hit the dirt.

Thanks!
I wish I knew, but i wish you luck. I was Near Tahoe yesterday an and it seems like the entire state is heading that way.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #4
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Crap. Well after asking around I it looks like I'm heading up to Blackwood Canyon and check out Ellis Peak. Will probably just roam around until I find a good spot. Got to love having a 4x4.

A trail report from t4r: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/genera...ip-report.html
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Crap. Well after asking around I it looks like I'm heading up to Blackwood Canyon and check out Ellis Peak. Will probably just roam around until I find a good spot. Got to love having a 4x4.

A trail report from t4r: http://www.toyota-4runner.org/genera...ip-report.html
Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #6
cmj's Tacoma Gallery

Ended up at Watson peak! That's Tahoe city down there where fireworks will be going off soon!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:33 PM   #7
Trophy Van
LTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shedLTDSC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
LTDSC's Tacoma Gallery
I think everyone went to Tahoe this weekend. Sunday traffic will be a treat
Old 07-05-2014, 01:46 AM   #8
2011flowedtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
2011flowedtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I second that^

My sister and her winner of a boyfriend headed up there for some camping. Love working graveyard shifts.

To the op, I'll bet it was a great show from up there! Definitely jealous.