Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Who here uses Comcast?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-16-2014, 10:49 PM   #1
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Who here uses Comcast?

Did you know about this? Your modem may be broadcasting a independent wifi signal for others to use. Comcast claims it's independent of your own wifi home network but... Who wants to take the chance...

I checked on mine and it was broadcasting a xfinitywifi ssid. I was able to connect to it with ease but didn't go any further. I logged onto my account and went through the steps to disable it and it's now disabled.

So, those cheeky bastards!!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/art...in-5548911.php
Old 07-17-2014, 03:17 AM   #2
kalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shedkalieaire is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Stanley
kalieaire's Tacoma Gallery
I do, but that would never work for my setup since I don't rent a modem from them. I have my own Motorola Surfboard that doesn't share.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:34 AM   #3
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
^^^
This
Old 07-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Electrotechno Grease Monkey
Anderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud ofAnderson has much to be proud of
Name: Anderson
Anderson's Tacoma Gallery
^^^x2! All you have to do is google comcast wifi security and read the maelstrom of shit that people have dealt with...

I purchased:
http://www.amazon.com/ARRIS-Motorola...kaging+-+White

Purchasing the white casing seems to be better than the black. I read a few online reviews where people received black units that were billed as new but what they received were remanufactured units...

Products Discussed in this Thread