1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

LT shop recommendations in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by Lil'Taco, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Aug 19, 2014 at 11:37 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    He needs to cycle the rear to accurately mount the bumps and shocks

2. Aug 20, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    LTDSC

LTDSC 32oz of fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    NorCal
    looks awesome dude! Cant wait to see this thing in person.

3. Aug 20, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    lembowski

lembowski Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Rolando, CA
    Vehicle:
    Jeeper Creeper
    So a shop is building this for you and have welded on the shock mounts and bump stops without cycling it? :eek:

4. Aug 20, 2014 at 2:34 PM
    Lil'Taco

Lil'Taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner Sport DCSB
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    Well it is being built based off another buuild using the same length shocks SUA kit and DCSB 2WD truck. He normally does high lifts on domestic trucks or low rider trucks. I've been in contact with Tim from DMZ and got some numbers and imput from him of a truck he already had done before.

He cut the bump stops out today and redid them to get better strike spots on the axle and lowered them.

5. Aug 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

SpeedwayBlueAlex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    SWB 4x4 TRD OFF-ROAD 6-SPEED
    Lookin damn good!!!!

6. Aug 21, 2014 at 9:08 AM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    Total Chaos +2" Long Travel, Coil Bucket Gussets, Spindle Gussets, LCA Cam Gussets, Glassworks 4" fenders, B.A.M.F. rock sliders with fill plates, Decked Drawer system, aFe CAI, Borla Cat-back exhaust, Blitzpro 21S LED light bar w/ B.A.M.F. behind the grill light bar mount, Red Label Off-road tube bumper, Redline hood struts, Grillcraft grill, Weather Tech floor mats, HID headlights and fog lights... It has more stuff done to it now.
    Truck should be done today, picking it up in a couple hours. Still need to order wheel spacers but it should be clear enough to drive on the street for now till I order and put the spacers on, just won't be able to flex it yet.

7. Aug 21, 2014 at 10:26 PM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
  8. Aug 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    Well I picked up my truck today, it drives and it certainly has completely different rear suspension now. BUT, since my old battery died while it sat for the 2.5 months it took to get my truck done I had to get a new one so my guy wasn't able to test drive my truck before I picked it up and there is some alignment issues somewhere. I'm dropping it back off tomorrow morning and he is going to figure out what it is and fix it while I'm out of town.

9. Aug 21, 2014 at 11:29 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    how did it drive? judging by the pic of the axle the pinion angle looks pretty off to me.

10. Aug 22, 2014 at 10:00 AM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    Something was wrong with alignment when I picked it up. We never touch the front end so I'm figuring it is something with the rear end being out of square, or since the rear is a little higher then it was it is causing advers problems with the front caster or something. Driving straight down the road I had the steering wheel about 15degrees to the left. It stayed straight when I let go oh the wheel. He was willing to take it back and fix it right away, So I dropped it back off this morning. He said it would be perfect before it is done, even if he had to strip it all down and start over again.

Edit: but besides that there was no vibrations or strange noises that would be caused by the drive train or suspension. The bed needs a little adjustment to get the bedsides away from the cab so it stops rattling but that is nothing big. I'll still need to get a slip joint on the drive shaft and some mild wheel spacers.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  11. Aug 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    LTDSC

LTDSC 32oz of fun

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    NorCal
    I have two 1.5" spacers if you want em.

I recognize that shop. He does good work and is a nice guy. Alignment could be off from the tow?

12. Aug 24, 2014 at 8:49 AM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    I might actually take you up on that Sam.

I took it back and he figured out what it was the same day, and is going to fix it Monday.

13. Aug 25, 2014 at 9:51 PM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    Let's see some pics of that beast when you pick it up scotty:D

14. Sep 8, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    So hows the truck scotty ? Gonna be able to make it to socal with us or not afterall

15. Sep 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    The truck is riding pretty good. I think I could use some shock revalving, since I think mine were set up mainly for street driving. I still need to get an alignment done because it got a little off raising the rear end a little. And a VCS (TCS) issue that will hopefully be addressed soon as well.

I don't think I will be able to make it to SoCal though :(. I got put on a training mission that I have to be around for this Friday and early Monday. I need to give my truck a shack down though so I might look into going up to Prairie City sometime soon.

16. Sep 8, 2014 at 11:04 PM
    SpeedwayBlueAlex

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Modesto
    Vehicle:
    Forsure man glad its done cant wait to see it in action! Hopefully you can go to the jamboree

17. Sep 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    Won't be going to that either Heading to Duck South Carolina for a week of fun with friends on the beach.

18. Nov 22, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    Thread Revive, who's this mystery fabricator, Scotty? I'm looking for a good fab guy up in the bay area to do a full LT install as well, probably the same kit as you but with a bed cage, and a front camburg kit (this first most likely)

19. Nov 23, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    Lil'Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Scotty
    Wilsonville
    Vehicle:
    It was Scott at Clean Concepts. He did a pretty good job, he usually does high lift builds or airbags. There were a couple issues at first but he was able to quickly fix it.

20. Nov 23, 2014 at 2:06 PM
    VolcomTacoma

VolcomTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport 4x4 6 Speed Supercharged
    Front- Camburg 4x4 Long Travel 2.5" King Coilovers 2.5" King Triple Bypasses Wheelers Superbumps Rear- DMZ SUA 16" 3.0 King Triple Bypasses 3" 2.0 Fox bumps Wheels and Tires- 295/75/16 Toyo ATII XTREME SCS SR8 Dark Matte Bronze 16" Lighting- (2) 30" Combo light bars (4) Iggycorp diffused pods Tepui Ayer TRD Supercharger URD Mark III 3" Exhaust URD 4x4 Y Pipe URD CAI URD 2.85 Stealth Pulley Hurst Core Shifter with Hurst T URD Stage 3 clutch URD Lightweight flywheel URD Throw out bearing upgrade AEM Wideband AFR Gauge Speedhut Boost Gauge Craven Speed Flex Pod mount Weathertech Floor Liners BAMF Sliders Ultragauge sPod SE ARB CKMTA12 Hella Supertone horns Relentless Tailgate Reinforcement
    If you're happy with the final product, though, and don't feel that it's shoddy work, I'll give him a call shortly!

Products Discussed in

To Top