1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Where did you buy your taco from?

Discussion in 'Northern California' started by strictlys, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dec 29, 2014 at 10:49 PM
    strictlys

strictlys [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White Tacoma DC TRD OR SB
    Hello All

Planning to purchase a 15 tacoma double cab white/ graphite interior 4wd, trd sport, tow package and entune + navigation.
    The best price I got so far was 33,488 and a costco dealer gave me $32,798, but he can't get me the truck until his inventory person orders it. which can be a while...

Only dealer I found that had this was putnam, but I didn't really like any of their sales people and they seem to want too much for their truck.

Has anyone gotten a 15 with a good deal lately in Norcal?
    I prefer to stick with internet sales people since I don't actually have to sit and fight the dealer. I prefer to go in with a price already negotiated and purchase it. I did it in my last two vehicles, edmund, truecar checked prices and knew what I was willing to pay and threw offers and when they took it I went in. Buying a tacoma is frustrating since everyone is selling MSRP or taking a few hundred off from sticker.

2. Dec 30, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    kalieaire

kalieaire i didn't know they stacked sh*t that high.

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    '12 TRD Off-Road 4x4 AC V6 6MT
    Adventure Trailers Atlas, Demello Sliders, BAMF Skids, PelfreyBilt Bumpers, SCS Ray 10
    In 2012 I sent an email and cc'd 6-7 local dealers. They basically fought it out until I got someone to give me MSRP OTD.

But any reason you don't want to wait til July for the 2016s?

3. Dec 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM
    strictlys

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I guess it has to do with if they have a huge overhaul like the motor I would like to wait till the kinks get worked out and then trade the 15 in a year or two.

Honestly I been impatient as well... If my search for a tacoma rolls over till the 16 tacoma comes out so be it! Lack of information for the 16 makes me appeal to the 15 more.

4. Dec 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    Thegenerik1

Thegenerik1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    18 DCLB OR
    If your a member of a Credit Union ask about their car buying programs. My credit union (StarOne) got me a price better then Costco. They can even do the financing so you never have to leave your house until you go pickup your truck.

5. Dec 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    kalieaire

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    Adventure Trailers Atlas, Demello Sliders, BAMF Skids, PelfreyBilt Bumpers, SCS Ray 10
    The 2016 gets unveiled in January.

As far as any engine issues, the truck will have the full warranty, and if Toyota ever has to take your vehicle for any extended period of time to fix it, they will give you a rental. I would be less concerned with what potential engine issues vs if they have a direct injection power train (diesel or gasoline) mated with a 7-speed manual because that would be something that I'd be interested in.

6. Dec 30, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    strictlys

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I agree... I guess im psyching myself to get a truck sooner then later. Thegenerik1. Thanks for the heads up, I just contacted my credit union, if there isn't a price I like I might as well wait for the 2016 whenever that may come.

I also blow through factory warranties pretty quickly... I drive average of 50-60k a year. For me a reliable car is key... I don't like to drive to the dealer and explain to them a noise or whatever even if a rental or loaner is provided.

I got the misses to agree to get a truck since resale value on it is awesome and reliability is great. My G37 isn't bad at all, but we are planning to get rid of the awful Mazda 5 2012 she is driving and she is going to drive my G37 while I drive the truck.
    Unfortunately we had the G37 only two years and I already have 98k on it.

7. Dec 30, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    CalTacoma09

CalTacoma09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Manteca, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Barcelona Red
    A lot of crap and too much money spent
    Damn, that is a lot of miles. Your commute must be huge.

8. Dec 31, 2014 at 9:01 PM
    kalieaire

Member:
    Santa Clara County
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, if it were my second time around I'd have gotten a 2005, front end upgrade, lift/suspension, supercharger, skids/armor/rooftop tent/bedrack/lights for under 33k including any maintenance for a 120k mi vehicle. then spend 4k to buy a 2004 Honda civic hybrid Manual for my commuter.

but yeah, 50-60k? do you commute from Reno to San Jose? haha

9. Jan 1, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    strictlys

Member:
    Vehicle:

Lol

I cover a big territory for work and I use my car for work. Golden Gate bridge all the way up to crescent city.

I'm still sorta debating a tundra double cab vs a tacoma double cab. I think they are similar in size for the rear. I have a 4 year old with a front facing seat which will fit her fine and my wife for our family trips.

10. Jan 28, 2015 at 9:34 AM
    Fredfifty

Fredfifty Back in a Mini

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Big Island - SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    99 5 Lug V6
    DJM 3/4 DJM UCA BJ FLIP CALMAX SHOCKS POLYURETHANE SWAY BAR BUSHINGS POLYURETHANE UCA BUMPSTOPS ROLLED FENDERS DJM 4 INCH ANGLED BLOCKS (STEEL) MINI C-NOTCH FROM ROHDE FABRICATIONS MJBTACO LOWPRO BUMPSTOPS CALMAX SHOCKS ROLLED FENDERS
    bought my 15 from Putnam via craigslist which eric brooks posted who is the internet sales manager.

11. Jan 28, 2015 at 10:20 AM
    MJonaGS32

MJonaGS32 MJ on a GS

Member:
    First Name:
    MJ
    SF Bay Area (East)
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 4x4 DCSB 6spd Vagabond
    Drifter wedge camper, Dual battery, OBA, ARB locker, 4.56 gears
    See Cars by Phone - based out of Brentwood. I found out about them through the credit union with my old job. Totally free service. I told them which exact trim I wanted, even down to color. They found the truck in Reno, and did a dealer trade (with Antioch Toyota IIRC). Then delivered it to my house with all the paperwork. All I had to do was sign.

I paid $400 below invoice and they shopped a loan for me - ended up getting one for 3% APR.

12. Feb 12, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    RugglesTarlek

RugglesTarlek Well-Known Member

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    basic basic basic 14 AC
    + 1 to whoever said "let the dealers fight it out". Different dealerships will have different needs each month/quarter, so will either bite or be d!cks to you. I bought mine at Livermore Toyota because they were hungry and had what I wanted on the lot.

13. Feb 12, 2015 at 11:04 AM
    Anderson

Anderson Dudemanbro

Member:
    First Name:
    Anderson
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    ProBro
    Stuff
    I just recently purchased a 2015 Pro from Salinas Toyota. There is no haggling with a Pro edition and I was prepared for that anyways. I was in and out the door in 1 hour and 18 minutes. The salesman I dealt with was prompt, forthright and "fairly" honest. Its hard to think of any car salesman as being honest. Young guy named Peter something or other. They have a huge inventory, so you will probably have good luck finding what you are looking for. Also, they have a searchable inventory via their website. Food for thought.

14. Feb 28, 2015 at 5:56 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Modesto toyota all the way. My buddy is the sales manager there and got a huge hookup below invoice. Don't go to Tracy toyota that place is a joke.

15. Mar 1, 2015 at 1:06 PM
    JimBCa

JimBCa Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bay Area California
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Off Road
    Build Duratrac 265/75R16 Load rated E BAMF Rock Sliders, Pelfreybilt Front bumper and skid plates (3) Pro Runner front and rear shocks,Add-A-Leaf springs ATO (Armor Tech Offroad) hilift mounts, Famous Fabrication cb antenna/flag mount CoverKing Tactical seat covers, Flyzeye dash-light ARE Shell, backup light mod SumoSprings and Stops
    I picked mine up from Sunnyvale Toyota and Stan was my sales rep. Spent over 4 hours with me in two occasions pointing and showing me all the new features from from '95 GMC.

The service department sucks big time though if you have any complex issues. They voided my warranty based on adding add-a-leaf and leveling due to weak rear springs when I had front end lock up problems

16. Mar 1, 2015 at 3:37 PM
    BBtacosurfer

BBtacosurfer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    ID
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2012 4x4
    Jim they can't void the entire warranty brother. It would be the suspension and the parts associated with that (I know a lot of parts) but everything else should still be covered.

Products Discussed in

To Top