Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Mt. Watson - Lake Tahoe

Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #1
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: More Trouble Than It's Worth Sometimes
Name: Mike
Reznor88's Tacoma Gallery
Mt. Watson - Lake Tahoe

Went up Mt Watson around Lake Tahoe this past weekend. First time taking the Prerunner off road and I wasn't disappointed. Went up some fairly steep rutted out inclines as well as plenty of loose rocks with no problems at all. Scracthed the hell out of the passenger side going up against a good amount of brush.

Still fairly clean, pre-scratches:

From the top of Mt Watson, road to the top was torn up but it wasn't an issue at all:

Lake Watson, a little lake up in the mountains that my wife spotted on the GPS. Took some rocky, overgrown (cue the scratches) roads headed in that direction and found it. We also found that there was a paved road on that led to the lake as well, whatever our way was more fun.

The dirt road and paved road met up but campers decided to turn that area into a parking lot. Had to get creative and make a new road by going over some rocks and then down a bit of an incline between a nice oversized SUV and a tree. Closer than I would have liked it to be but made it with no problem.

Spent half the day today cleaning and working on the scratches and everything looks great. Can't wait to go out again but I do hate the clean up afterward.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:26 AM   #3
Hops is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabe
Hops's Tacoma Gallery
Hey i lived in Tahoe for a year, that place is beautiful. That lake looks real familiar, is that what they call desolation wilderness?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
Reznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReznor88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
Great looking truck!

I love the Tahoe area. Area looks very beautiful.

Also look up the Genoa peak trail.
Yeah I want to check out Genoa next time I'm over there. I've heard that you have to have 4x4 but I've also heard that you don't have to, what's your take?
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #6

Well I guess I'll be checking it out next time I hit Tahoe.