Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

Official NorCal Offroading @ Hollister 8/2/09

Old 07-28-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

Kenny650's Tacoma Gallery
Official NorCal Offroading @ Hollister 8/2/09

Meet and Greet at Hollister Hills SVRA on Sunday, August 2nd, 2009.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/DEFAULT.ASP?page_id=404

Meeting time will be 9:00 AM at the In-n-Out parking lot in the Gilroy outlets.

641 Leavesley Rd
Gilroy, CA 95020

It's best that we meet up here before entering the park because there isn't any phone service in there. After In-n-Out, we'll caravan the short drive to Hollister Hills. It will cost $5 per truck to get in.

Everyone is welcome!!!

Let's get that list going...

1. Tacolution
2. JIPsTaco
3. Kenny
4. stroM
Old 07-29-2009, 04:14 PM   #2
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Name: Carson
Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Does hollister have a good off road place? Never been there for wheelin just for dirtbiking. Might be interested. What about mud, is there any mud oh what if i dont have a compressor yet?? Can one of you guys air me up xD

Thanks
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
Does hollister have a good off road place? Never been there for wheelin just for dirtbiking. Might be interested. What about mud, is there any mud oh what if i dont have a compressor yet?? Can one of you guys air me up xD

Thanks
Define good off road, they have 3 levels of trails
green = basic fire road
blue = more difficult 2wd could probably do 80% of these
black = most difficult and goes from 1-3 diamond.
depending on your experience it could or could not be challenging. It is good way to get out with others and have sum fun.

as for mud, just the mud pit.

Forgot they also have an obstacle course and a test track.
Also there is air at the ranger station/ motorcycle park, where we pay.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
Carson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to beholdCarson is a splendid one to behold

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Mmmm mud pit i havnt taken my truck in mud yet.. Thanks for the information. I think you can count me in, if thats okay. Sounds fun!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
senna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to beholdsenna is a splendid one to behold
senna's Tacoma Gallery
^ Yea a mud pit bring a tow strap
Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 AM   #6

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna View Post
^ Yea a mud pit bring a tow strap
haha i dont know if i have one, ill go get one somewhere . Are you coming?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 AM   #7
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson View Post
haha i dont know if i have one, ill go get one somewhere . Are you coming?
Do you have a 4wheel parts over there? They have Smitty Built Strap, 2"x30' with reinforced loops for $35, pretty good deal.
Yea, looks like I'll be going.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM   #8

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i have one pretty close. I'll have to go pick one up, thanks!
Old 07-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #9
Tacolution is on a distinguished road
Tacolution's Tacoma Gallery
I have a tow strap, so we're covered there. What about 2-way radios?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Ive got a small 210 PSI air compressor, a tow strap, and a shovel (who knows), also a few random extras. No 2 way radios here though
Old 07-30-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Kenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant futureKenny650 has a brilliant future

K I will be bringing 0 gear because I have none. LOL. I only have a tire deflator. Who's all going!!??
Old 07-30-2009, 11:58 PM   #12
senna's Tacoma Gallery
A couple photos to get everybody pumped.

The photo in the previous post is of the mud pit is from the obstacle course.

First two from the test track. this is where the like's of Land Rover doe's training days for customers.

This next one is Truck Hill, only a single blk diamond-most difficult

This one is from the Bonanza Gulch loop, just a Blue trail-more difficult

another little single black Diamond

Old 07-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #13

Senna

Are you comming to the meet?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #14
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny650 View Post
Senna

Are you comming to the meet?
Yes I will be there.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:36 AM   #15
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
senna,

Thanks for the pics! I'm definitely stoked for sunday!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:15 PM   #16
This should be fun for sure. I was there last Sunday with a buddy and it is super dry and dusty. Truck hill is fun for 4x4s but I wouldn't attempt it in a prerunner.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
senna's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacolution View Post
This should be fun for sure. I was there last Sunday with a buddy and it is super dry and dusty. Truck hill is fun for 4x4s but I wouldn't attempt it in a prerunner.
I was there last sunday also.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #18

Carson's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah im pumped now!! Just upped my bilsteins to 2.5 inches so i'm even more pumped (damn that was a bitch)!! Also got me a tow strap! I think 2 way radios would be good... I would say just bring them if you have them.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #19
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacolution View Post

I'd try that. It doesn't look that bad. Have fun guys!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #20
^ yeah it's not impossible. But it's steeper than it looks and tough to get traction because of how silty the ground is. We'll have to convince one of the prerunners going to give it a shot...