Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Northern California

Notices

TW members near Fresno

Old 09-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #1
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
TW members near Fresno

Ok, I don't really know if this is considered northern CA or southern CA, but i was wondering what all TW members live in or near Fresno. My company is bidding on a job out there, and I have to consider whether I will move where they want me to go. Is it a decent area to live? Whats the crime rate like (crime is a huge deciding factor)?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Can't help you with the crime rate, but they do have some sweet mountains and snow about an hour east. Hunnington Lake, Shaver Lake all so close in case you're into any sort of recreation. It's HOT!!! Good luck! oh yeah and no a whole lot to do.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Don't know to much about Fresno other than my girlfriends cousin lives there. I know a few people from Clovis, CA though (which is in close proximity). But i googled around for some info for you. Hope it helps. Good Luck on your decision!

FRESNO INFO
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime....resno&state=CA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fresno,_California

CLOVIS INFO
http://www.cityrating.com/citycrime....lovis&state=CA
http://www.city-data.com/city/Clovis-California.html
Old 09-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #4
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
I live 45 min South of Fresno. It is known as the armpit of CA. The air quality is horrible, weather is either hot or cold. Hardly any rain or wind. But we are pretty much in the middle of CA. Los Angeles is about 3 hrs away, Sacramento/San Francisco 2 hrs away, Central Coast 2 hrs away, Sierra Mountains about 2 hrs, so there is plenty of things to do/see within a reasonable distance.

Fresno will have everything you need (plenty of shopping/malls/restaurants), crime is pretty high in Fresno but there are some really nice areas of Fresno including Clovis.

Some really good sports to watch, Fresno State Baseball and Football, Fresno Grizzlies (AAA Baseball affiliate for the SF Giants). I came from the Sacramento area and miss it. I would rather live there instead but the cost of living was cheaper here so we moved. My wife has family in the area so it isn't that bad and jobs were plenty back in 2002 when we moved here.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 AM   #5
My other car is a Bugatti
steelerfan7p will become famous soon enough

Name: Yes
Location: Fairmont, WV (1 Hour South of the City of Champions)
steelerfan7p's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys. I had seen some of those web sites but I like actually hearing what people that live there say. Clovis sounds like a pretty nice area, and only about 35 min from where this job would be. If my company did get it, it would probably be 8 months to a year before I would go.